Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:30:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Policeman demoted for selling trousers

Started by Cold Meat Platter, February 06, 2024, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Russ L

Are these those Gor Blimey trousers of London legend?

Goldentony

read this as destroyed which seems funnier, is it too late

Oosp

The most unfortunate thing about this is that inspectors get to wear their own trousers, but now he's been demoted, he has to go back to wearing normal police trousers - precisely the kind he sold.

Jeans, they can even wear jeans. Or those chef trousers. Can't say anything to them about it either, or you're fucked. When you're an inspector, you can express yourself through your clothing. Trackie bottoms. Culottes. That's another one. Inspectors can wear any trousers they like, perk of the job. Once it doesn't hamper their ability to bend down and examine things on the floor, there's really no limit to what they can wear. Corduroy. Flares. One of the many perks of the job. Jorts. Pinstripe ones. Jeggings. Really sheer leggings like the ones you see these days, figure-hugging leggings. Inspectors going around in those figure-hugging sports leggings, like for doing squats or skipping-rope dances or Tik Toks. No underwear, even. You don't need to wear underwear with those sports leggings, because the leggings are outerwear. It's a technicality. Like on YouTube where they have those "yoga" videos but it's all bum stretches and the thumbnail has a lens flare covering the crotch. It's outerwear so it's fine. Those inspectors, you might see them going about wearing those figure-hugging sports leggings, with no underwear, and bending down and examining things on the floor, and maybe straightening up real slow and sweeping back their hair as they turn to look you in the eye and bite down on the tip of a pencil and that.

But he's a sergeant now, so he's not allowed

jamiefairlie

Are Police trousers made of Teflon? So all the abusive coerced shagging of vulnerable disturbed women doesn't stain them?

superthunderstingcar

Blimey, if that's the punishment for a lone Inspector selling a pair of trousers, what'll the top brass of the Met get for systematically covering up widespread corruption over the course of multiple decades?

Spoiler alert
A knighthood.
[close]

Fambo Number Mive

Do police officers buy their own uniform or do they get loaned it from stores? If the latter, he should have returned the trousers to the police uniform store rather than selling them, he's trying to make money from selling an item loaned to him for work purposes. Police officers should be held to a higher standard than the general public (but usually aren't). It also costs the public as that's one less pair of uniform trousers the force has, meaning more money spent on ordering new trousers for police officers. It's not great judgement from an officer of such high rank either.

If the former,I suppose the question is how distinct are police trousers? I don't know how much they differ from normal trousers, if they differ quite a bit I suppose there is an argument that it's making it easier for people to impersonate police officers.

dissolute ocelot

Fairly sure all the police are selling counterfeit jeans, saw it on an episode of The Simpsons.