Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:44:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dryrobe-ers

Started by poo, February 07, 2024, 01:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
All you need to dry off after wild swimming on a crisp winter's day is snow - nature's towel!

mrpupkin

What's this about then, sort of a big coat? Big coat thread?

QDRPHNC

Terry Torpid

The actual Dryrobes are far too expensive, and people are just paying for the brand. The general idea is sound though, and some of the cheaper competitors are absolutely fine.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Cuellar on February 07, 2024, 07:14:56 PMNever heard of it but they look a good idea for changing on the beach without the risk of people seeing your arse

Exactly, a cunts tool

If I still smoked I would get one of these bastards as a smoking jacket for outdoors

spaghetamine

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 07, 2024, 02:16:14 PMThey were invented for those cheerful middle-aged women who go swimming in the sea in December, weren't they? They're basically out-door dressing gowns.

you leave my mum out of this

PlanktonSideburns

Go on then name a good coat

Glebe

pancreas

I agree with poo. The first video that comes up on a search is 'dry robe — our story'.

just get you fucking cunting knobs out you prudish shits.

'oh! i got a rain on my forsk.' call 999 cunt.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Brian Freeze

We see people taking their kids to school while wearing them, they have not come straight from the reservoir to do so.

I'm conflicted as I think the right gear in the right place for the right job is correct and proper, part of me thinks "should I care?"

Cold Meat Platter

quite fancy getting one of these and walking about like a cunt

dissolute ocelot

Went to a posh (sit-down) gig the other week and the person sitting next to me was wearing one which she proceeded to take off and awkwardly hang over everything. She then held her phone in the air for the first half of the gig, before luckily disappearing to be elsewhere.

On the other hand, every woman aged 30-60 seems to swim in the sea these days, and even if 10% of them own a Dry-robe, that's a lot of people to hate.

imitationleather

I don't see the problem with swimming in our famously unpolluted British seas.

Sherringford Hovis

As an outdoor twat, the Dryrobe is the Beats headphones of its genre. Polyester sleeve linings that peek out beyond the cuffs after a couple of wears and wick up the exterior trickles coming down the sleeves, bin-liner quality outer, snaggy zips, generally poor finish. Compared to most other poncho-esque unwieldy-anorak du jour, the Dryrobe feels like an Aldi Special Buy or Middle of Lidl but at a Waitrose price.

For the same money, Smoc Smoc is miles better - antibacterial Oeko Tex rated bamboo lining rather than microplastic sweaty fleece, better sleeve design, made in Birmingham by properly paid people rather than suspect overseas sweatshops. If you're gonna be a huge hoodie bell-rash, be a Smoc Smoc bell-rash.

Stick a pony in your pocket
I'll fetch the Dryrobe from the VW van

boki

Cuellar

Just seen my first one of these in the wild. Outside the court in Oxford, where I saw Peter Hitchens straight after reading about him on CaB.

I think that building manifests threads on here.

Maurice Yeatman

gilbertharding

Quote from: Cuellar on February 08, 2024, 02:19:11 PMJust seen my first one of these in the wild. Outside the court in Oxford, where I saw Peter Hitchens straight after reading about him on CaB.

I think that building manifests threads on here.

Funnily enough, I was in the market at Spitalfields today and saw one.

bgmnts

Quote from: Maurice Yeatman on February 08, 2024, 08:37:29 PM

Aye saw this hours ago, now this thread, so I assume it's just a conspicuous consumption coat.

Apple products, Dre Beats headphones and now this. When will it end?

thenoise

Couple of the mums at school pick up time proudly sport these every single day. It's a kind of studied slobbishness, isn't it? Look how much I don't give a shit I'm turning up in a towel. The dyed hair and full faces of make up tell a different story though...

Or maybe when they were drying their toddler after a bath and wrapped one of those duck hood toddler towels around them, they thought mmm that looks snuggly. I wish their were an adult version of these with a comfortingly overpriced designer label on it.

I honestly think adult nappies will catch on if marketed as a convenience product with a designer price tag. Look everyone, just wearing a nappy to pick my kids up I'm way too busy to sit around on the toilet all day like you lot do!

shiftwork2

I'm not comfortable with 'wick' and 'wick away'.

When was this discussed?  I would like to see the minutes.  Introducing a load of fucking bullshit when only the softies are present is against the ToR.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Terry Torpid on February 07, 2024, 09:19:24 PMThe actual Dryrobes are far too expensive, and people are just paying for the brand. The general idea is sound though, and some of the cheaper competitors are absolutely fine.

The cheaper ones presumably don't have a dildo logo on the back either, so that'd be an improvement.

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: bgmnts on February 08, 2024, 09:23:46 PMAye saw this hours ago, now this thread, so I assume it's just a conspicuous consumption coat.

Apple products, Dre Beats headphones and now this. When will it end?

That's the first GLC video I can remember that features Glasllwch* so maybe they're reaching out to more lucrative markets!

* Rhys gets off the bus outside Glasllwch Primary School. Could be a governor there I suppose - he was a school governor at Glan Usk at one stage. (In the background you can see allotments that are a stone's throw from the cemetery where Joe Strummer was once a gravedigger.)</poptastic facts>

turnstyle

See a LOT of DryRobe mums on the school run. I think they're trendy atm, and give the impression that maybe after dropping off Tabitha and Gabitha at the school gates, they'll go swim the fucking channel for a laugh, then back for pick up at 3:15.

Also, lots of mums rock up decked in lycra and gym gear, like they're pumping iron 24/7 and have somehow managed to find a ten minute window in their busy schedule to take their kids to school. I know for a fact the closest some of them get to exercise is popping the cork on a 10am prosecco, or flicking their bean while watching The Tourist with the curtains drawn.

By contrast, the Dads tend to look like they sourced their clothes exclusively from a 1996 Blue Peter Bring and Buy leprosy fundraiser.

Norton Canes

And I thought I was crabby before my first coffee

Brian Freeze

Quote from: turnstyle on February 09, 2024, 08:17:19 AMBy contrast, the Dads tend to look like they sourced their clothes exclusively from a 1996 Blue Peter Bring and Buy leprosy fundraiser.

Say hi next time you see me eh?