Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:24:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dryrobe-ers

Started by poo, February 07, 2024, 01:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaxberd

I've not seen these things about but from the looks of them, they're big coats that are waterproofs on the outside but fleecy on the inside? I bet they're cosy, I can see the appeal as a thing to fling on which keeps you warm. I imagine the women wearing them now are the same lasses who were students going to the shops in pyjama trousers and a messy bun 15 years ago.

They're a bit ugly and bland, though, could try harder.
I saw a woman in town the other day wearing an ankle length coat that was made of shiny black PVC with fake fur trimming around the edges, like a BDSM Ric Flair. Would love to see that catching on as a style trend.

PlanktonSideburns

Fucking cunt bitches and they're clothes am I rite

Janie Jones

Quote from: turnstyle on February 09, 2024, 08:17:19 AMAlso, lots of mums rock up decked in lycra and gym gear, like they're pumping iron 24/7 and have somehow managed to find a ten minute window in their busy schedule to take their kids to school. I know for a fact the closest some of them get to exercise is popping the cork on a 10am prosecco, or flicking their bean while watching The Tourist with the curtains drawn.

Lazy slags, choosing comfortable clothing they like the look of, then failing to use it for its one intended purpose.

I'm gobsmacked by this, @turnstyle. Thought you were above this sort of hackneyed misogynistic drivel. Serves me right for having high expectations of CaB. It really is a very uncomfortable place to be a woman lately. God, I miss @Buelligan

Edit to stay on topic - I own a Dryrobe, it's a swimming one, not a coat one and even the stout older ladies I go wild swimming with call it my 'wanker's robe.'

gilbertharding

Absolutely right /\ /\ /\

It isn't even as if there aren't any men who habitually dress for sports they patently never participate in (and, fwiw, the last person I saw in a DryRobe - yesterday in London's East End - was a man).

Although making fun of that risks being classist, of course.

imitationleather

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 09, 2024, 01:40:27 PMIt isn't even as if there aren't any men who habitually dress for sports they patently never participate in

What?! I'll have you know I represent Spurs, England and various foreign teams I am only slightly aware of at senior level and that's why my wardrobe is full of their kits.

boki

Where now for The North Face?

thenoise

Quote from: turnstyle on February 09, 2024, 08:17:19 AMBy contrast, the Dads tend to look like they sourced their clothes exclusively from a 1996 Blue Peter Bring and Buy leprosy fundraiser.

Round here the Dads look like their on their way to a labouring job. And probably are.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: imitationleather on February 09, 2024, 01:51:36 PMWhat?! I'll have you know I represent Spurs, England and various foreign teams I am only slightly aware of at senior level and that's why my wardrobe is full of their kits.

I'm Deportivo Wanka's most determined worker.

lauraxsynthesis

Great to see GLC still with their finger on the pulse. I've got one but it's sort of a smock rather than coat and a different brand. Tried to change at the beach in Devon with it last year and couldn't manage it without flashing my bits and now forever traumatised.

Vodkafone

Quote from: Janie Jones on February 09, 2024, 11:35:59 AMLazy slags, choosing comfortable clothing they like the look of, then failing to use it for its one intended purpose.

I'm gobsmacked by this, @turnstyle. Thought you were above this sort of hackneyed misogynistic drivel. Serves me right for having high expectations of CaB. It really is a very uncomfortable place to be a woman lately. God, I miss @Buelligan

Edit to stay on topic - I own a Dryrobe, it's a swimming one, not a coat one and even the stout older ladies I go wild swimming with call it my 'wanker's robe.'

Yeah, did not like that post from turnstyle

gilbertharding

Quote from: imitationleather on February 09, 2024, 01:51:36 PMWhat?! I'll have you know I represent Spurs, England and various foreign teams I am only slightly aware of at senior level and that's why my wardrobe is full of their kits.

The Manager Coat.

Sebastian Cobb

My Mum asked for one of these for her birthday and I was happy to oblige but was perplexed about it, I've seen ponchos and loose fitting long coats lasses can use to change into before so didn't really get it.

Was more annoyed I floated the idea of a heated throw, her response being 'nah sounds shit' then immediately stealing the one I had when she visited going 'here it's good this, what is it?'.