Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:42:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Do you swear a lot?

Started by The Mollusk, February 07, 2024, 02:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

I do, and I'm not entirely sure why. It's mainly fuck, which I interject into sentences like "I can't fuckin believe it" or "I tried to open it but the fuckin lid's stuck". I can perfectly easily stop when I'm around employers or family or any other situation that deems it inappropriate but once I'm comfortable in casual scenarios for some reason it just fuckin pours out of me.

Why is this? Am I compensating for something? Trying to look cool? Sometimes I wonder if I use it to fill gaps in sentences, an age old way of not wanting to look stupid and seem more relaxed, like, okay the stuffy formal working day is done! Now I'm home I can get my tracky bottoms on and turn the bastard air blue at my own leisure!

I do wonder sometimes, like when I've met new people at CaB meets, if they think I'm some piece of shit street urchin who was dragged up. I can't really remember when I was young if my mum was strict about it or not but I did grow up on a council estate and spent a lot of my youth with metalheads and ravers who can be more foul mouthed than other subcultures.

When I'm out and about I hear cockney contractors on work sites swearing every other word and I feel so embarrassed for them, but then I realise I'm probably more like them than someone who's not sweary at all. But it's such a weirdly natural thing for me that I find it hard to switch off around friends.

What the fuck?

LurkMcGee

dontpaintyourteeth

baptist

Fuck's it got to do with you?

The Mollusk

badaids

Bottoms.  Really big whiffy bottoms.

I think you've got the answer to your question.

Steve Faeces

I say "for fucks sake" a lot. This started a couple of years ago and I don't really know why or where I got it from, maybe it'll pass. Mostly I find it depends on company. I have a mate where every other word is fuck and if I've been in his company for long I slip into doing it. I don't work in a place where swearing would be that frowned upon (not that it's encouraged), don't have kids or meet anyone else's kids that much and have a family quite relaxed about pretty industrial language so it's not something I ever feel like I have to proactively curb or think about much.

I'm mostly neutral on swearing. I don't think it says anything positive or negative about a person particularly. My exception is compound swearing and twee swearing, which is barely swearing, so your wankpuffins or cockwombles etc. Everyone who uses these are, in my experience, completely insufferable people. 

I know not everyone is a fan, but I do like the word cunt in appreciative or pejorative usage.

GoblinAhFuckScary

yeah constantly. find it weirdly easier to feel safe around the casually benign sweary types

shoulders

QuoteMy exception is compound swearing and twee swearing, which is barely swearing, so your wankpuffins or cockwombles etc. Everyone who uses these are, in my experience, completely insufferable people.

Well, what a pissthimble! Glad this utter shitdesk has been outed!

Goldentony

all the time except when im with my parents and siblings, and also when I worked in a cloakroom id have to gauge whether it was OK to swear ie Fleetwood Mac Disco - no, all attendees = nonces, but dangerous scabby techstep night with people freebasing human shit as an initiation ceremony - fine

Minami Minegishi

Grew up in a house of cunt, feck, fuck, shite, shit, twot, twat every other sentence.

My Dad would swear as well.

Seriously though, my Mum is a lovely old Irish Mammy but sure, she has the mouth of a docker or one of them power electronics bands they used to have.

Goldentony

"YOUR FUCKING TEAS OUT! CUNT!"

GoblinAhFuckScary

ros vulgaris

I spent the most formative years of my life in a Sunderland comprehensive school, what do you reckon?

madhair60

er fuck no bitch i fucking don't fucking swear a fucking lot, you fucking cunt! cunt!! shit! CUNT! CUNT!! CUNT!! CUNT!! CUNT!! CUNT!! CUNT!!

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Goldentony on February 07, 2024, 04:04:21 PM"YOUR FUCKING TEAS OUT! CUNT!"

"MY COCK'S ON FIRE AND DON'T GET THOSE TRAINERS DIRTY PLAYING IN THE PARK YOU CUNT!"

Butchers Blind

Small Man Big Horse

I do swear a fair amount, yeah, but weirdly I don't find this an issue when I'm teaching and if on a rare occasion a student is an absolute shit I find myself just using the word "Gosh" a lot, like "Gosh, Johnny, that is not a very nice thing to say" or "Gosh, Amy, your father is a fucking whore".

BrahmanOK

I do domestically but when I walk into a pub and I hear men swearing loudly I think it's a fucking disgrace. Particularly when children are about. Or old ladies.

Often what offends me most is the shoddy manner of the swearing. A lot of people don't know how to swear properly but instead over fucking do it and fucking say fucking in-between every fucking bastard word.

thenoise

Late period Whitehouse album 'Mummy and Daddy' was mainly sweary versions of 80s Mum-isms via Billy Bennett's hysterical falsetto.

dontpaintyourteeth

^ great album (unironically but fully expect to get mocked)

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Vodkafone

Once upon a time, I was part of a team of people providing support to a house of older, former street drinkers, mostly Scottish and Irish. One of them, John, was the most remarkable dispenser of profanities I've ever met.

"D'ye wan' a cup o' fuckin' tea?" he might ask.

"Just aff tae the fuckin' bookies to put a bet on this cunt". Are you John? That's nice.

Also, due to some medical condition, he sported an erection about 80% of the time, leaning heavily against the thin material of his polyester slacks. Nice bloke, wouldn't leave your kids with him though.

The F Bomb

Like Christing Cunting Fuck.

hamfist

Not in regular speech. But I do have obsessive almost tourette outbursts where I say "CUM PISS SHIT" or "CUM SHIT IN MY PISS" or other variants aloud, sometimes quite loud and semi involuntary. Don't know why I do that, but I need to consciously remind myself not to do it when I feel the urge and I'm not at home alone.

I spend a lot of time alone and so it's hard to moderate this !

The Mollusk

Sometimes I misjudge how far away my partner is from me in our flat and when she dashes in looking concerned after hearing me go "fucking cunt for fucks sake piss off" I have to tell her it's just because a bit of carrot rolled off the chopping board onto the floor

dontpaintyourteeth

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on February 07, 2024, 05:27:41 PM^ great album (unironically but fully expect to get mocked)

A cunt like you would like it.

dontpaintyourteeth

WhoMe

A fair bit, although was playing basketball at an after-work league a while ago and heard someone on the sideline say 'cor he swears a lot' and I thought 'yeah, why am I swearing so much?' and now tend to keep it PG  unless around people I know well.

Ya CUNNTT!