Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:14:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Do you swear a lot?

Started by The Mollusk, February 07, 2024, 02:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

Didn't swear much at all as a kid until my mum remarried and the fella who moved in would say things like "fucking I've just seen that cunt who works for them cunts in the red vans with a right cunt of a fucking parcel for you" instead of "the postman has been". Swore a lot after that. Try not to in front of the kids but it creeps out. Will always fuck and blind when surprised. Turned the air absolutely blue that time I got electrocuted without knowing I was doing it. SUE ME.

Vodkafone

Quote from: Beagle 2 on February 07, 2024, 07:47:23 PMDidn't swear much at all as a kid until my mum remarried and the fella who moved in would say things like "fucking I've just seen that cunt who works for them cunts in the red vans with a right cunt of a fucking parcel for you" instead of "the postman has been". Swore a lot after that. Try not to in front of the kids but it creeps out. Will always fuck and blind when surprised. Turned the air absolutely blue that time I got electrocuted without knowing I was doing it. SUE ME.

Oh yeah, can you find that post again, I enjoyed that one.

Langdale

Don't really swear much out loud but my inner monologue is a right fucking foul-mouthed cunt.

Sebastian Cobb

I do but I live in Scotland so it's basically fine.

Parents swore a bit but rarely/never heard them drop fuck or cunt. They never got precious about it on films or telly and stuff and as I got older didn't really pull me up on it provided it wasn't abusive.

Cuntbeaks

I didn't think i swore any more than anybody else, until i moved away from the West of Scotland to Derby.

The combination of the Scottish accent and an almost tourrettes level of swearing was quickly revealed to be less than complimentary and more than a little embarrassing.

I managed to reign it in a bit and was a lot more self aware of my language. Returning to Scotland was quite shocking, as i was now sensitised to the grimy nature of constant and unnecessary swearing. It was just relentlessly bleak.

Swearing has its place for sure, but I'm glad to have had the opportunity to appreciate just how bad it can sound in more refined company.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on February 07, 2024, 09:38:58 PMI didn't think i swore any more than anybody else, until i moved away from the West of Scotland to Derby.

The combination of the Scottish accent and an almost tourrettes level of swearing was quickly revealed to be less than complimentary and more than a little embarrassing.

I managed to reign it in a bit and was a lot more self aware of my language. Returning to Scotland was quite shocking, as i was now sensitised to the grimy nature of constant and unnecessary swearing. It was just relentlessly bleak.

Swearing has its place for sure, but I'm glad to have had the opportunity to appreciate just how bad it can sound in more refined company.

Good post, cuntbeaks

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on February 07, 2024, 09:38:58 PMI didn't think i swore any more than anybody else, until i moved away from the West of Scotland to Derby.

The bit that worries me most about my general diction isn't swearing, it's how  people have pointed out how frequently I use 'alright', I can shrug off colleagues who joke about me saying 'it'll be alright', because, well I hated the job and didn't care if it wasn't, and it usually was, but several foreigners have remarked on how I do this when giving my opinion on stuff. I think I just generally lump most stuff in the 'alright' category so I can give extra praise (Videodrome) or damnation (Existenz) to things that really matter.

Blinder Data

after a few pints, I get "cunty". SUE ME

my 3yo this morning said "fucking heck" so the answer to the thread is a resoundig FUCK YES