Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:40:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Matchstick man's matchstick fuck up

Started by Fambo Number Mive, February 07, 2024, 07:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Am I a cunt for finding this amusing?

QuoteA French model-enthusiast who wanted to beat the world record for a matchstick Eiffel Tower has had his hopes dashed.

Richard Plaud, 47, from Montpellier-de-Médillan in western France, was told by the Guinness Book of Records that his 7.19m (23ft) tower did not qualify because he had used the wrong kind of matches.

"It's part of my dream that's vanished," he told reporters.

His model took eight years, 706,900 matches and 23kg of glue to build...

Realising that the most annoying part of the job was going to be shaving off hundreds of thousands of bits of sulphur from individual matchsticks, he contacted the match manufacturer.

They supplied him with kilos of sulphur-less matches - in other words sticks without the red part at the end. Perfect for building, but technically not real matches.

Unfortunately for him, the Guinness World Records rules stipulate that only "commercially available" matches qualify for a record-breaker.

"They reckoned that my matches weren't available for sale. So they didn't qualify," said Mr Plaud...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68226509

Video Game Fan 2000

be really funny if he was using five foot tall comedy prop matchsticks

shiftwork2

Norton Canes

Those matchsticks must be the only things in France that don't strike

Eh, readers?

madhair60

Rev+

If they're not match fit matchsticks then fair enough, but he's right to have the arse.  If they're not 'commercially available' did he just wish the things into existence?  That'd be a better record, come to think of it.  Manifesting matchsticks.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on February 07, 2024, 07:58:30 PMbe really funny if he was using five foot tall comedy prop matchsticks
wouldnt be as tall as the actual tower if he was using as many, although would be taller than Blackpool's

touchingcloth

Quote from: madhair60 on February 07, 2024, 08:16:44 PMfirst Charlie Hebdo and now this

Does having someone else scratch the heads off matches for a failed boat count as the absolute bare minimum you could get away with?

JesusAndYourBush

Uncle TechTip

He should have just said he cut the heads off 4 million matches.

touchingcloth

Cuellar

Kankurette

Minami Minegishi

Really enjoying the lols in this thread.

Video Game Fan 2000

"we, the match society, have decided to have you struck off for your own safety"
"lol i get it"
"no really get out you cunt"

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 07, 2024, 08:35:29 PMwouldnt be as tall as the actual tower if he was using as many, although would be taller than Blackpool's

live news man reports on some cunts "matchstick tie fighter" and when the cameras go on it, its just three giant novelty matches in a H shape

Maurice Yeatman

Poor sod took to Google to find out more but if anything it just made things worse

Butchers Blind

Feel sorry for the fella, sounds eiffel.

Bum Flaps

Quote from: Butchers Blind on February 07, 2024, 09:36:19 PMFeel sorry for the fella, sounds eiffel.
Nah, it's not so bad, you Gustav to laugh really

baptist

"Realising that the most annoying part of the job was going to be shaving off hundreds of thousands of bits of sulphur from individual matchsticks, he contacted the match manufacturer."

So, basically he failed because he's a work-shy cunt.

"Realising that the most annoying part of the marathon was going to be running, he hailed a taxi."

The Mollusk

Why don't you get yourself a girlfriend on match.com and paint her grey and try submitting that instead you loser

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 08, 2024, 10:40:04 AMWhy don't you get yourself a girlfriend on match.com and paint her grey and try submitting that instead you loser
Is that why Tinder is called Tinder, because it can be ignited by match.com? (Match Group owns Tinder.)

Are these 28 cm (11 inch) matches eligible for the record?

Or do they actually have less structural integrity than a regular 2 inch match?

Captain Z

Guinness judges only insist that people use real matches so they can gleefully set the models alight as soon as they're left alone with them.

idunnosomename

Interestingly the current record holder for tallest matchstick sculpture (the other Eiffel Tower mentioned) used 6 million sticks

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/tallest-matchstick-model

This cunt used a paltry 700,000! Something fishy going on.

But then the largest in overall dimensions used 4M so i dont know whats going on. Anyone seen this one
https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-matchstick-modelstructuresculpture

Cocky cunt, shaving off the red bits

Dex Sawash

famethrowa

Hobo With A Shit Pun

Quote from: famethrowa linquote author=famethrowa link=msg=5522186 date=1707478364]
WHAT

what would Ross McWhirter say about this

what would Ross McWhirter say about this
[/quote]

"We only have to be lucky once."

boki