Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:03:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tucker / Putin interview live

Started by darby o chill, February 08, 2024, 11:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darby o chill

bgmnts

Doesn't remember the last time he spoke to President Joe Biden.

What a lad.

Funcrusher

Quote from: bgmnts on February 09, 2024, 12:01:02 AMDoesn't remember the last time he spoke to President Joe Biden.

Neither does Biden.

bgmnts

Quote from: Funcrusher on February 09, 2024, 12:02:13 AMNeither does Biden.

Waheyy

Fuck me though, the gulf in intelligence and clarity between current US leaders and Putin is staggering.

bgmnts

Can you imagine Trump or Biden trying to talk about the collapse of the Roman empire as an allegory of American free trade imperialism or whatever without dribbling and having an aneurysm?

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: bgmnts on February 09, 2024, 12:33:02 AMWaheyy

Fuck me though, the gulf in intelligence and clarity between current US leaders and Putin is staggering.

Yeah, it makes the "evil madman" line a little less convincing. To be clear, I think he is both of those things to varying degrees, but he does make US politicians seem faintly stupid by comparison, as you say.

I think this is an issue with US politicians almost always coming from law or business. I'd be surprised if any of them knew much about history or philosophy, or even serious political theory for that matter, and most of them can't even hold their own against an average-tier journalist. They're not necessarily very insightful, they just understand and reinforce structures as they exist rather than having any significant vision of their own. Or they're Donald Trump.

Noodle Lizard

I don't know why the camera's so focused on Tucker Carlson staring back at Putin like a confused dog.