Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:46:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rats under the bonnet

Started by lauraxsynthesis, February 11, 2024, 05:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldentony

saw a rat on the way back yesterday and honestly just thought what a fuckin little prick

Mr_Simnock

oddly enough cat's arent that good with rat's unless they are very big cats (7kg +), I have 2 cats and when a rat got in the house last year they didn't catch it despite them cornering it, the rat actually had a go at them and they backed off a bit

Oosp

The car is on fire
and there's no driver at the wheel
and the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
and there's rats under the bonnet

gilbertharding

A Jack Russell's what you want, apparently. I saw a video on youtube once... my GOD.

spaghetamine

you put them there

why did you fill your car up with rats mate?

Pink Gregory

just thank your lucky stars it wasn't elephants!

lardboy

Yep, terriers will fuck up a rat.  Ours has killed three so far and that's with her on lead and kept away from areas where there's rat poison.  If we let her loose in the streets, she'd have dozens more.

AllisonSays

I know, I know / It's serious

Mr Banlon

Whenever I see an old classic car for sale listed as a 'genuine barn find', I assume it's been half-eaten by massive rats.

lauraxsynthesis

I do have a Jack Russell but she has dementia and arthritis. My Yorkshire Terrier is certainly making an effort at getting the rats that have been hanging out in my garden, but they're too clever for him.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on February 12, 2024, 05:25:24 PMI do have a Jack Russell but she has dementia and arthritis. My Yorkshire Terrier is certainly making an effort at getting the rats that have been hanging out in my garden, but they're too clever for him.

They keep doing the cup and ball thing, dogs don't understand it

pancreas

Quote from: Dex Sawash on February 11, 2024, 08:02:12 PMRodent damage repairs really ramped up for us in 2020 when cars suddenly were parked for weeks at a time. Had some towed back with same bits chewed off again within weeks.

Less damaging but there is a kind of
Spoiler alert
spider
[close]
that enjoys living in fuel tank vents and clogs them up so when you fill up with gas(petrol) the vapor can't escape the tank quickly enough so the pump keeps clicking off. Standard procedure is to pull off the pipes/hoses/whatever and give a nice hearty blow through (by mouth so you can gauge any resistance to flow and maybe dislodge a blockage). Shawn who works next to me was blowing through a pipe with a 180* bend in it and
DON'T OPEN THIS SPOILER UNTIL YOU LOOK AT THE FIRST SPOILER AND ARE SURE YOU CAN HANDLE THIS
Spoiler alert
cleared a horrific spider horde* nest of babies blockage right into his own face
[close]

*one for the copying other people thread as I have borrowed this one off a CaBber who did a hiya HSH post. (non capisco or one of the skull avatared crew maybe)

fucking hell, that is a story.

if i were you i'd be out there from dawn till dusk using it to make cunts lose their linguine.

madhair60

oh, so you'll praise THAT spider pipe story but when i tell you about sounding money spiders directly into my meatus through a straw you kick me out of your house.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: spaghetamine on February 12, 2024, 04:01:39 PMyou put them there

why did you fill your car up with rats mate?

What's your name?

Mr Rats.

What's your bosses name?!

Another Mr Rats.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: madhair60 on February 13, 2024, 12:03:31 AMoh, so you'll praise THAT spider pipe story but when i tell you about sounding money spiders directly into my meatus through a straw you kick me out of your house.

To be fair though, he does live in a hospital for sexual arachnophobes.

madhair60

RATINMYHATCHBACK MYHATCHBACK MYHATCHBACK HELLO RATINMYHATCHBACK MYHATCHBACK MYHATCHBACK HELLO

idunnosomename

Rats! Under the bonnet
That fatal nest is all we need
Rats! Under the bonnet
To fatal sounds of drive-belt squeals

non capisco

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 13, 2024, 10:48:50 AMRats! Under the bonnet
That fatal nest is all we need
Rats! Under the bonnet
To fatal sounds of drive-belt squeals

Even better if you do the Live Aid bum note on squeals

non capisco

Quote from: madhair60 on February 11, 2024, 06:42:09 PMdespite my angar
i am still just a rat in a car

No disrespect to the OP and her situation but I'm afraid I'm still occasionally thinking of this and laughing.

Terence Bowl

"Why is she running around and screaming like that?"
"Rats under the bonnet mate."
"Oh you mean like bats in the belfry?"
"Dunno mate, what's a belfry?"

Glebe

steve98

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on February 12, 2024, 02:05:13 PMOne recommended organic way to deter rodents is with deer piss, which you can buy on Amazon. Can't warrant whether it smells better or worse than hot rat excrement.

That link is for female deer-piss; and it's used solely for attracting bucks. Doesn't say anything about repelling rats from your engine-bay. The Sheriff of Klamath County tried it, and look what happened: a randy buck got stuck.