Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:28:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cyber Flashing

Started by The F Bomb, February 13, 2024, 07:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: Deano on February 14, 2024, 12:25:12 PMYeah, I also think the "it's about power" thing is a way of giving non-offending men distance from it also. I think it's about power for serial offenders, those who abuse their position and such. But a majority of sexual assaults come from people close to the victim, often friends. I don't believe those are mostly about power. They're about guys who lust after a woman, and fail to keep themselves in check.

Lust might be the motivation, but power and privilege are what give licence to the acts, and enable men to fail to keep themselves in check.

All of the statistics of sexual assault show that young people, LGBT people, women, ethnic minorities are at greater risk of sexual assaults. Are those people particularly attractive to assaulters? Is it a coincidence that there's overlap between victims and underprivileged groups? Is it purely a reporting bias and victims are evenly dispersed between other groups just with them being less likely to report it?

Video Game Fan 2000

but there is no uniformity that would properly characterise "underprivileged" as a catch all that includes all at risk groups, which leads to the other problem of reversibility i.e. if you're at a high risk you must be underprivileged, if you're privileged you can't be at a heightened risk. i dont think being at risk is what determines people to be in those high risks groups in the first place, in other words. i dont think there is a homogeneity there that justifies making power (or privilege) blanket terms in that way... it seems like we lost something when we went from the old style left idea that different groups can inhabit the bottom or receiving end of a unjust struggle in a similar way, to more recent and relativistic ideas that about groups that purely defined by being in those positions. the unprivileged, the powerless, the marginalised and so on. once again its an example of where language that tries its hardest to be sensitive to specificity ends up obscuring it when we try to generalise one set of ideas for all cases

masculinity in particular has traits and features that arent simply related to it being the privileged or powerful position over other social forms. there are things specific to masculinity and masculine behavior that involve being uncaring towards harms commited to others or the outcomes of immoral acts on one's own future. taking the "privilege" or even "position" away from masculinity doesn't really do anything at all to interrogate or question it as a social form or ask why its behaviours replicate. whether behaviours are good or bad, caring or uncaring, doesnt seem to have much to do with whether they're comparitively in underdog or overdog positions on a presumed social hierarchy. there are situations where masculinity is a minority, underdog or unprivileged position but this doesn't stop bad behaviour at all

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on February 14, 2024, 01:49:18 PMMinge image yeah

john lennons drunken rewrite of "daytripper" deemed hilarious by an even drunker harry nilsson

Deano

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 14, 2024, 01:26:25 PMLust might be the motivation, but power and privilege are what give licence to the acts, and enable men to fail to keep themselves in check.
That's fair, but I think that's not how the "actually, it's all about power" argument is often presented.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Deano on February 14, 2024, 02:12:01 PMThat's fair, but I think that's not how the "actually, it's all about power" argument is often presented.

How do you think it's usually presented? I think when I hear it I always hear it implicitly in the sense of what you quoted rather than, say, "men flash their cocks at women because they are more powerful than them, and this power alone triggers flashing".

imitationleather

I refuse to believe I am the only person on here who has sent a dick pic.

No wonder you're all bald and single!

Zetetic

Sent a dick pic on request on Grindr, I think, so you're not completely alone @imitationleather .

It does seem to be the standard opener there, even though I've got NSFW Pics: Not At First selected. (I've no idea how that interacts with these sort of laws.)

I've very rarely found them to do much for me, although maybe I used to get something out of the expression of desire. Similarly bussy pics (sorry), although these usually involve some combination of contortion, organisation and assistance which is often kind of cute.

imitationleather

I wouldn't do it as an opener, and definitely not to a 15 year old. But on the apps after you'd conversed a bit the saucy pictures was just a natural progression. And I have spoken to women about this (for that is whom I am attracted to) and they did like getting them. Obviously once they knew the person a bit. I am in no way saying it is okay to just fire one off to random people.

Shaxberd

The most exposed I'm willing to go is a pic with my shirt off, and even then I've only really done it because the other person has sent me a few and it feels unfair on them to get nothing back.

Sending saucy pictures to someone you're dating as part of keeping the flirtation going when you're apart is a world of difference to unsolicited dick pics, although personally it still doesn't really do anything for me. I usually find it more annoying than arousing - there I am going about my daily business and here's someone going "pay attention to me! I'm horny!" Mate I'm having my dinner I don't want to look at your arse right now.

But to more highly-sexed people than me I imagine it's fun.

Butchers Blind

I'm very careful about who sees my penis. In public lavs I always use the cubicle, not the urinal. Don't want anyone taking a sneaky peek of my chap and then using the mental image for self gratification later.

Milo

touchingcloth

Quote from: Butchers Blind on February 14, 2024, 04:57:58 PMI'm very careful about who sees my penis. In public lavs I always use the cubicle, not the urinal. Don't want anyone taking a sneaky peek of my chap and then using the mental image for self gratification later.

You know how photography steals your soul? I think the same happens with your knob soul if someone sees it in the urinals.

FredNurke

And the less said about what happens to your R soul, the better.