Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:09:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Was Jesus Real, is he the same person as Buddha

Started by garnish, March 30, 2019, 05:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiddleRabbit

Quote from: NoSleep on April 01, 2019, 07:13:55 PM
So history is whatever you want to believe it is?

If that's directed at me, then no, that's not what I said because 'opinions' aren't the same thing as 'history', are they?

Twit 2

Quote from: kalowski on March 31, 2019, 05:43:28 PM
A million times a million and 6×9 (=54) are not sums, they are products.

Multiplication is repeated addition, though, so they could still be seen as sums (the sum of 6 nines).

Thomas

I don't believe that Jesus was the actual son of God, but it seems from historical documents that he did have some claim on the inheritance.

garnish

Quote from: MiddleRabbit on April 01, 2019, 07:19:14 PM
If that's directed at me, then no, that's not what I said because 'opinions' aren't the same thing as 'history', are they?

Check out this edge lord

MiddleRabbit

Quote from: garnish on April 01, 2019, 07:52:34 PM
Check out this edge lord

Check you out, looking for validation on the Internet forums.  You don't have to cry about it, just because you ballsed up on Alexander The Gretna facts.   Not when there's so much else for you to be bitter about.

Have you considered seeking solace in Jesus?  He's quite forgiving, so I gather.

garnish

Quote from: MiddleRabbit on April 01, 2019, 09:27:41 PM
Check you out, looking for validation on the Internet forums.  You don't have to cry about it, just because you ballsed up on Alexander The Gretna facts.   Not when there's so much else for you to be bitter about.

Have you considered seeking solace in Jesus?  He's quite forgiving, so I gather.

Still doubling down because no one agrees with you... yes its everyone else the problem.

Also

QuoteAlexander The Gretna

Spelt Alexander the Great

Cerys

You all disgust me.

Except for you.  You don't.

Soup Dogg

I feel like I probably injected the nastiness into this thread when I was in a bad mood yesterday, so sorry about that.

MiddleRabbit

Quote from: garnish on April 01, 2019, 09:46:11 PM

Spelt Alexander the Great
Quote from: garnish on March 31, 2019, 10:58:52 PM
If we doubt Jesus then we may as well doubt Alexander the Gretna or William Wallace.

Ididn't see with my own eyes but I know because others tell us, why is this difficult to understand

Walked into that one, eh, smart arse?

It looks like you're the one who's clamouring for validation.  And not doing terribly well at it, either.  Cutting your losses might be the best move.

MiddleRabbit

Quote from: garnish on April 01, 2019, 10:38:30 PM
What do you think is happening here

I think you're picking me up on a spelling mistake/typo you made. 

Is this why evidence is only of interest to you when it suits you?

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: garnish on April 01, 2019, 10:38:30 PM
What do you think is happening here

middlerabbit is doing a very good impersonation of a dunce

garnish

Quote from: MiddleRabbit on April 01, 2019, 10:41:21 PM
I think you're picking me up on a spelling mistake/typo you made. 

Is this why evidence is only of interest to you when it suits you?

Try again

MiddleRabbit

Quote from: garnish on April 01, 2019, 10:58:55 PM
Try again

Quote from: garnish on March 24, 2019, 02:41:39 PM
I get it, you made a big statement, now you have to walk it back because you're not able to support it with any evidence.  For someone from the supposed 'educated' side of the argument, you're being remarkably irrational about this though.

How about you pipe down and learn a lesson from this episode.

How's that grab you, darling?

MiddleRabbit

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on April 01, 2019, 10:50:17 PM
middlerabbit is doing a very good impersonation of a dunce

I bow to your greater experience.

garnish

Quote from: MiddleRabbit on April 01, 2019, 11:06:32 PM
How's that grab you, darling?

Love to see my forum colleagues engage in ad hominems becuse they cant handle the real argumnets

MiddleRabbit

Quote from: garnish on April 01, 2019, 11:17:15 PM
Love to see my forum colleagues engage in ad hominems becuse they cant handle the real argumnets

'Darling's not Ad Hominem, it's a term of endearment.

I'd focus on your hypocrisy and tendency to play to your imaginary gallery or, if you'd prefer, ad populums.

Also, for one who tries and fails to nitpick typos, you might want to be a bit more careful with your own.  But that's just more hypocrisy on your part, isn't it?

I wish I was you, I really do.  I think I'd be a lot happier if I entirely lacked self-awareness.

Cerys

What, endearment?  Have you let all the lexicographers know?

Twit 2

Mr_Simnock

Fry

Tell you what though, feels pretty nice to see a petty squabble on these forums about something other then br*xit. Like a breath of fresh air as you're lowering yourself into a warm bath.

MiddleRabbit

Quote from: garnish on April 01, 2019, 11:41:56 PM
This isn't a word, sweetie

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/endearment

It's not going terribly well for you, is it?

Perhaps you'd like to pick up Mr_Simnock up on his Ad Hominem, especially as it applies to you far more than it does to me.

"...in order to know how good you are at something requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place. Which means, and this is terribly funny, that if you are absolutely no good at something at all, then you lack exactly the skills that you need to know that you're absolutely no good at it."

For example: '(Endearment) isn't a word, sweetie.'  QED.

Still, I am grateful for your commitment to providing evidence of your: hypocrisy; lack of comprehension of logical fallacies - definitely Ad Hominem and Ad Populum; utter ignorance of spelling and vocabulary; total lack of self awareness and, perhaps mainly, a willingness to ignore any evidence that doesn't support your preconceptions about something.

Me?  I like evidence more than I like agreeing with a majority but then, I understand logical fallacies.

I don't expect you to understand because, well, there's plenty of evidence that you don't.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Thomas on April 01, 2019, 07:36:14 PM
I don't believe that Jesus was the actual son of God, but it seems from historical documents that he did have some claim on the inheritance.

Soup Dogg

Quote from: MiddleRabbit on April 02, 2019, 08:36:15 AM
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/endearment

Oh the dictionary says so? Methinks this a perfect example of argumentum ab auctoritate. It's Latin darling, try to keep up.

MiddleRabbit

Quote from: Soup Dogg on April 02, 2019, 11:28:06 AM
Oh the dictionary says so? Methinks this a perfect example of argumentum ab auctoritate. It's Latin darling, try to keep up.

You think wrong then, because it's Argumentum ad dictionarium if it's anything and, let's face it, it's not.  However much you'd like dictionaries to be the equivalent of, at best, secondary sources for something, they're not. 

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_dictionarium

Have you been taking lessons in not looking things up and being sanctimonious about it from garnish?

In a warped sort of way, I have to admire the tenacity of halfwits such as you and garnish. 

In the face of overwhelming adversity, you don't recognise your failings and that's sort of endearing (cheers).  On the other hand, the aforementioned Dunning-Kruger effect is just as good an explanation of your dogged refusal/inability to recognise your own incompetence as dogged tenacity. 

It doesn't change the fact that I could eat a tin of Alphabetti Spaghetti and shit a better conversation than either of you have managed so far. 

I'm sure that won't stop you trying and ruddy bloody good luck to the pair of you.  After all, neither of you've had very much so far.

MiddleRabbit

Soup Dogg

Oho! Ad hominems galore!

Not that I would deign to recognise the deeply impeachable auctoritate of a wiki but on the very page you linked:

QuoteArgumentum ad dictionarium is [...] a form of argument from authority

Oho! Methinks the fallacy hath become the phalluser, if you catch my drift (you probably don't).

QuoteI could eat a tin of Alphabet Spaghetti and shit a better conversation than either of you have managed so far.

Ab absurdio, appeal to ridicule, for shame!

QuoteLet he who is without sin cast the first stone
ad hominem!

QuoteMy father's house has many rooms

ad crumenam!

Keep 'em coming nitwits! Your shamelessness intrigues me in a deeply intelligent and rational way.

Oho!

Soup Dogg

poo