Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:40:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hey Jude

Started by kalowski, September 23, 2023, 01:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJBMK2

This section of Tom Ewing's Popular blog (while discussing Oasis's All Around The World, very much the Aldi version of Hey Jude), sums up a lot of the appeal for me, especially in it's last sentence.

QuoteBack on "D'You Know What I Mean", I said that Noel Gallagher seemed in love with the idea of long songs, but with no clear ideas of how to make them. That might go double here, except he does have one clear idea: do something like "Hey Jude". "Hey Jude" still isn't my favourite Beatles song, but it's past time I publically admitted that I got that review wrong. I accused "Hey Jude" of exactly the same thing I saw in "All Around The World" – a bludgeoning, manipulative, Bigness for its own sake. But "Hey Jude" is, more than anything, a generous song – the Beatles invent the monster coda not just to make something epic but because it fits with the song's story: OK Jude, we've tried telling you it's alright, now we're just going to have to show you.

https://popular-number1s.com/2014/04/16/oasis-all-around-the-world/

TheMonk

Quote from: twosclues on November 14, 2023, 07:53:13 PMThe only time it annoyed me was at Live 8 when just the singalong bit was tacked on to the end of McCartney's set, as members of Travis and Snow Patrol shuffled onstage.
Oh yeah I'd forgotten that. Like someone walking into a date with their pants already off.

LordMorgan

Watching hey Jude frost again

As mentioned , my heart melts at the most gorgeous girl on the coda

But also, there is a black lad giving it laldy just behind ringo
And ringo turns round and gives him a look of disdain ha ha

It's not a easy watch

popcorn

Quote from: BJBMK2 on November 18, 2023, 01:07:30 PMThis section of Tom Ewing's Popular blog (while discussing Oasis's All Around The World, very much the Aldi version of Hey Jude)

Fucking hell, this is one of those songs I'd just completely forgotten existed. It really is a very trying song.

Great quote from Noel here: "There are three key changes towards the end. Imagine how much better Hey Jude would have been with three key changes towards the end."