Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,787
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:40:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard dance/electro tunes that go the fuck off

Started by The Mollusk, December 21, 2023, 02:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

4x4 belters that go raw off the fucking hook, face scrunching air punching ecstatic aggro hoofers ONLY

Inspired to start this thread after listening to the ace new Pangaea album and this tune immediately sending me bananas:

There's also this from Surkin which is without doubt one of my fave songs ever. Unapologetically raw and hard, just fucking stupid, has me running up the wall and doing backflips every time:

I got really into chiptune artist GOTO80 not long ago who, aside from making very good dubby atmospheric stuff on the Commodore 64, also occasionally feeds rave samples into sequencer software on the Amiga and makes daft crunchy bangers like DAS WOMAN. Not strictly in keeping with the ethos of the thread but the release in the last minute of this track is so simple yet so great:

Vodkafone

The Mollusk

Every 6 months or so I have this big "fucks sake why don't I listen to more dance music" realisation. Mostly it's because I only listen to albums and I don't go clubbing any more, but would love to make a proper playlist of loads of individual dance songs, and this sort of stuff really makes my brain fizz so seems like a good place to start I guess!

Vodkafone

Have a go at this for starters. Patience is a virtue and there is a long buildup but that makes it all the better when it goes off

Norton Canes

Feel like I should know a ton of these.

Don't know if any will be as good as this tho'

Goes the fuck off at... ah, spoilers!

Sebastian Cobb

Not quite what you're asking for but I took a mate to see Zag Erlat, the guy behind My Analogue Journal, and I learned there's a whole world of Arabic and African Disco and Freestyle that goes hard and sounds like it came straight out of 80's New York. One of the best things I've been to in a while despite being incredibly niche, was packed and the crowd all wanted to be there.

stranger

Don't know if these exactly fit the remit of the thread, but here goes:

Cassegrain - Trappist (The Mover Remix)

DK8 - Murder Was The Bass

Anodyne - Alchemy (not as hard as the others, but the switch around the 2m30 mark makes me want to repeatedly slap the nearest wall, in a good way)

Quote from: The Mollusk on December 21, 2023, 02:45:57 PM4x4 belters that go raw off the fucking hook, face scrunching air punching ecstatic aggro hoofers ONLY

This one does it for me

Harry Badger

Format One - Elevate

Favoured by the late Tony de Vit. It's pretty crude but insanely fun, verging on happy hardcore.

Sonny_Jim

Dk8 murder was the bass is a fucking banger.  Had the pleasure of being at a Frenchtek the summer it got big.  Threw some fucking shapes to that I tells ya.

I'm going to nominate Foreigner by DJ Fresh because of the build up to the wobbly lead is fucking ace:

Bit of a one trick pony tho, once you've heard the first 2 minutes you don't need the rest

Edit: re-read thread title.  Whoops

stranger

A couple of older ones

Drax - Phosphene. Featured on the Carl Cox F.A.C.T. mix CD, which is well worth checking out

Public Energy - Three O' Three. I was reminded of this one recently thanks to one of those 'Blind Test' videos on You Tube

glork

electronic experienced v10 overload

electronic experienced no 303

tango & ratty tales from the darkside

kosmik kommando remember the feeling

Quote from: The Mollusk on December 21, 2023, 02:45:57 PM4x4 belters that go raw off the fucking hook, face scrunching air punching ecstatic aggro hoofers ONLY

When this fucker kicks off it's the ultimate last minute Xmas shopping soundtrack

ProvanFan

ProvanFan

ProvanFan

Quote from: stranger on December 22, 2023, 05:12:23 PMA couple of older ones

Drax - Phosphene. Featured on the Carl Cox F.A.C.T. mix CD

I was going to say Amphetamine.

Also from F.A.C.T.:

monkfromhavana

buttgammon

The Mollusk

Really appreciate all the replies. Sorry for not listening right now, head is full of COVID and feel like if I listen to anything heavier than Cocteau Twins I'm scared it will make my brain bleed out my ears

The Mollusk

Some wicked stuff in here, been listening through it last night/this arvo and enjoying a lot of it.

More in the vein of experimental techno bordering on IDM here but Turning Dragon is some of Clark's absolute best stuff if you want upfront fucking belters like this. Utilising his amazing production skills to create something as unashamedly chaotic and crunchy as this. The ludicrous metallic stomping percussion in the second half is just bananas.

monkfromhavana

The greatest gabba tune of all time, and probably in my top 20 dance tunes of all time even though I don't much care for Gabba at all beyond Nasenbluten. A fusion of gabba, metal and hip-hop, thunderous kicks, scratching etc with tons of energy and when the slower beat kicks at 1:35 for a bar or two in is up there with the greatest moments in dance music IMO. Also, as far as I am aware, this was the only track DJ Roman ever put out, it wasn't even on his own EP.

DJ Roman - Smoke Him (I Smell Police)

Key

Yeah I agree. that trilogy of records of Body Riddle-Turning Dragon-Totem's Flare is the absolute peak of Clark. I don't think I've even seen an artist fall of a cliff so quickly. To go from that psychedelic grinding club madness to Iradelphic which sounded like a soundtrack to a sunday evening BBC detective show. Now his albums have string quartets and him crooning Thom Yorke style. Ah well we all get old.

buttgammon

mrfridge

Just realised this bad boy is 19 years old. Aaaargh!

Capt.Midnight

Quote from: mrfridge on January 11, 2024, 08:58:33 AM

Just realised this bad boy is 19 years old. Aaaargh!

holy balls I'd totally forgotten this track - cheers! The driving phased bass at 2:30 is ace

buttgammon

Thrived are great, and their music covers the whole spectrum from headmelting Warp-influenced complexity to thunderous breakbeats to classic, energetic bangers; this falls in the latter category, with elements of everything else they do.

Sapiano - Sputnik Sunday from 1993.

THe section that starts at 3:50 sounds like the end of the world.