Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,802
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:00:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Which side are you on, boy?"

Started by studpuppet, January 04, 2024, 10:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmic-hearse

John Lydon / Jah Wobble
(answer: Wobble)

Calistan

Mould v Hart. Probably lean towards Hart but not sure.

kalowski

studpuppet

spaghetamine

defo prefer Pete Kember to Jason Pierce although he has one of the weirdest accents ever, slightly posh but also kind of like he's half pretending to be an American

ros vulgaris

Varg Vikernes/Euronymous ... they probably cancel each other out

spaghetamine

Quote from: ros vulgaris on January 05, 2024, 10:14:48 AMVarg Vikernes/Euronymous ... they probably cancel each other out

"Hellhammer recalls that Dead once went outside to sleep in the woods because Euronymous was playing synth music that Dead hated. Euronymous then went outside and began shooting into the air with a shotgun."

right daft bunch of lads them lot

ros vulgaris

That's pretty tame compared with making a necklace from his skull

Kankurette

Jerzy Bondov

can people please stop posting conflicts without also choosing a side, as per the premise of the thread? Thanks very much.

Team Kim (Deal and Gordon)

idunnosomename

Glenn Tipton and Jayne Andrews / K.K. Downing

Sympathy for Ken but s'all a bit of a mess really.

ros vulgaris

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on January 05, 2024, 12:16:01 PMcan people please stop posting conflicts without also choosing a side, as per the premise of the thread? Thanks very much.

Well, politically speaking, doomer Stalinist beats extremist ethno-nationalist, so Euronymous I guess.

Mark E Smith/ Everyone else in Manchester and Salford

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on January 05, 2024, 12:16:01 PMcan people please stop posting conflicts without also choosing a side, as per the premise of the thread? Thanks very much.

Team Kim (Deal and Gordon)

Sorry, and yes, absolutely 100% Team Kims.

However, Thurston's band includes Debbie Googe who is part of my bass playing Gods triumvirate. Conflicted.

monkfromhavana

ros vulgaris

Quote from: Deskbound Cunt on January 05, 2024, 02:30:54 PMMark E Smith/ Everyone else in Manchester and Salford

Mark E Smith, anyone who's thrown a bottle at Mumford and Sons is a good person at heart.

dontpaintyourteeth

What did Frank Black Francis do wrong? And that's a legit question

Mr Banlon

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on January 05, 2024, 04:15:04 PMWhat did Frank Black Francis do wrong? And that's a legit question

He was a cunt to David Berman and, I think, he once gave some interview where he came across like some Republican wanker.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on January 05, 2024, 04:27:34 PMHe was a cunt to David Berman and, I think, he once gave some interview where he came across like some Republican wanker.

Okay but why am I supposed to take sides with Kim Deal over him, is what I meant. Can't I like both of them (music wise)

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on January 04, 2024, 05:17:26 PMThe Reid brothers asked Douglas Hart to join them for a tour a few years ago to play Psychocandy but they offered him session musician pay so he told them to fuck off. I can't imagine they made the same offer to Cunty Gillespie.

It would be very foolish not to absolutely break the bank in terms of making an offer to Bobby Gillespie not to come anywhere near you, given the slightest chance that he might.

Quote from: cosmic-hearse on January 04, 2024, 05:51:51 PMTouch & Go / Butthole Surfers:
A rare example of choosing the band over the label

I cannot imagine anyone who I would side with the Butthole Surfers against. Even someone like Pol Pot, if there was a dust up it would eventually transpire that Gibby and the lads were the ones in the wrong.

I love the Butthole Surfers.

Red82

The Buttholes are a great, great band. They are also buttholes, according to lore.

holyzombiejesus

Aren't they one of the few bands that Barry Hogan says were cunts at ATP?

Kankurette

I'll only do the ones I'm arsed about:

Lennon
Simon
Everyone in New Order except Hooky
Collins Genesis
Wilsons (and Jardine)
Kim (Gordon AND Deal)
Geri
Jacko
Gilmour
Noel if we're talking music
Jello
Harley
Original UB40 line-up
Ray Davies
Chris Frantz because of Tom Tom Club

Good Hank

Good Hank

Byrne/Talking Heads is a tough one to call. Frantz seems like an alright bloke but his book is a load of soppy bollocks about how ace Tina Weymouth is in everything she does. Other books on Talking Heads are far more on Byrne's side. But there's no doubt he can be a colossal pain to work with.

Prince/Jacko, someone mentioned. I'm a massive Prince nutter, but in the main crossover these two are supposed to have had, Prince sounds like a real tosser (not deigning to do 'We Are the World', shit and self-serving as it is) and that stupid comment about "your butt is mine" as a reason not to work with him on 'Bad'.

kalowski

Quote from: Good Hank on January 05, 2024, 10:03:34 PMPrince/Jacko, someone mentioned. I'm a massive Prince nutter, but in the main crossover these two are supposed to have had, Prince sounds like a real tosser (not deigning to do 'We Are the World', shit and self-serving as it is) and that stupid comment about "your butt is mine" as a reason not to work with him on 'Bad'.
That was me. I'm also a massive Prince fan, and would pick him all day long, but for a number of reasons I imagine some people wouldn't. (eg I've learnt today some people like Underworld)

Red82

Sonic Boom is better than Spiritualized. I can't remember why Spacemen 3 broke up though.

dontpaintyourteeth

Why wouldn't people like Underworld