Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:35:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Live at Max's Kansas City

Started by holyzombiejesus, January 04, 2024, 04:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

It's dead good, isn't it? Just seen that there's a new 2LP pressing due tomorrow with 5 extra tracks. Then I saw there was a 2LP reissue back in 2016 that had 5 extra songs on it. Presume the new one will be the same. Bit torn as to whether I can spend £40 on 5 new songs. Should I?

gilbertharding

David Van Day's Velvet Underground.

cosmic-hearse

Is that the one with the guy loudly asking for Pernod?

Goldentony

Suicide, The Misfits or The Heartbreakers?

SteveDave

I've got a bootleg record of the extra songs but I doubt I've played it more than once.

I love the original though. The "Beginning To See The Light" on there is my go to version of that song and the Lou sung "Afterhours" is cute.

For a while it was all my friend and I listened to as we played endless races on Rainbow Road. We started speaking along with Jim Carroll "Oh I heard it but...it's pretty new"

Red82

The Velvets were the best Rock band of the 1960's

Tarquin

The Complete Matrix Tapes is my go to VU live. Whittled it down to a nice 60 min, the long version of What Goes On etc   

Live at Max's just gets you Lonesome Cowboy Bill as a new live one?

(I love the Doug years more that the John years)

SteveDave

Quote from: Tarquin on January 09, 2024, 12:02:01 AMLive at Max's just gets you Lonesome Cowboy Bill as a new live one?

"Sunday Morning" and "Afterhours" too.

Quote from: Tarquin on January 09, 2024, 12:02:01 AM(I love the Doug years more that the John years)

Welcome brother. An army of two.