Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:06:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The LOST Season 3 Thread *** Please Obscure Spoilers ***

Started by 19pack, September 15, 2006, 10:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artemis

Always does though, that's what we said about this week's episode.

I'm still under-whelmed by season three. Charlie and Hurley both need to be killed off as they now serve no purpose whatsoever. Desmond could be quite interesting but Lost is going to lose me (boom boom) if they continue to hint at the show it could be and give us dull filler and drawn out episodes. It's not even a case of padding - I know I keep making the comparison, but Prison Break managed 22 episodes and none of it was filler. Even in season two they're still going strong. Lost is rapidly turning into coffee table television; something interesting to watch and talk about, but it's not setting the screen on fire like it did in times gone by.

That said, good points about this ep: Locke's drug-induced hallucination bit was excellent, and Boone made a decent enough cameo. Good to see the Hatch crew still alive, although Charlie's indifference to it all is a bit hard to swallow. Interesting to see the producers starting to bring a few new(?) faces into the Losties community.

Ja'moke

Yeah that hallucination bit was very good I must say. I agree that this episode had lots of filler and I dont usually mind if its entertaining but Charlie and Locke running from polar bears and stuff has all been done in Season 1, plus I thought we would find out why Locke use to be in a wheelchair during his flashbacks so that was another let down. But although we say it every week, judging by the preview next weeks episode does look to be the most entertaining yet.

Artemis

This is interesting....

Quote from: "Lostpedia"Channel 4 lose LOST to Sky One

by plkrtn
Sky One, the premium satellite and cable broadcaster today (October 19, 2006) poached the exclusive broadcast rights to LOST in the UK for Seasons 3 and 4 from its former broadcaster Channel 4. Channel 4 originally won the contract from Buena Vista International in 2004 and were understood to be in re-negotiations for several months before Sky One outbid them. Several other channels were also rumoured to be interested in the show, including five. The show will also likely be broadcast in HD on the simulcast Sky One HD as well as via Sky by Mobile and Sky by Broadband, though these are yet to be confirmed.

Sky One head Richard Wolfe said that LOST was "the envy of every network" since it began in the Summer of 2005 in the UK. "The series has defined TV drama over the last two years," he added. "We are absolutely thrilled to bring it to Sky One." It is not yet known whether rebroadcast rights to the series will be sold on to free-to-air broadcasters, or whether it will appear later on the digital only free-to-air channel Sky Three.

PS Anyone got a link to next week's preview? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Well for us downloaders this makes little difference, but I imagine there's going to be a lot of terrestrial TV watchers who will be annoyed that they can't watch series three.

Ja'moke

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6067852.stm

Another report on the BBC site, I think it's a good move because as it says in that article Sky will try to broadcast the next series nearer to the start of the US transmission date as possible, which is very good. That's why I was glad when SkyOne bought Nip/Tuck from Channel 4 as it started the next series a couple of months after it had started in the US, better than waiting like a whole year, series 4 of Nip/Tuck started last month in the US and it starts here next month, so I'm guessing series 3 of Lost will start on Sky One in January, my guess anyway.

And to anyone that wants to see, here is the Lost Episode 4 Preview:

http://www.watchlost.com/video/previews/304.wmv

Marv Orange

Expect more filler from next week the preview is made from clips that look like they are from 4 scenes, probably near the end.

Artemis

Quote from: "Ja'moke"And to anyone that wants to see, here is the Lost Episode 4 Preview:

http://www.watchlost.com/video/previews/304.wmv
That just links to a file that takes so long to download or view, it's laughable.

Ja'moke

I've just been listening to the official Lost podcast on the abc website, its pretty good and its good that Linedof and Cuse are honest about not giving away answers that much, they joke about it as well Linedof says to Cuse "So are we gonna find out what happened to Locke, Eko and Desmond or will it just be like..they wake up, all fine and thats it" and Cuse just goes "Yeah" lol.

But from listening to them I have confidence in them and believe they do have it all planned out, so I'm not going to complain too much.

Artemis

That's always the defence though isn't it: oh, they've got it all planned out.

Yeah, well what if their plans are shit?

Marvin

I really enjoyed tonight's actually, a few annoyances, although for the first time I quite liked Charlie in the first 10 minutes or so.

The hallucination was excellent, I liked how what the characters were doing and who they were with at the airport reflected how things were on the island. Desmond looked like Jesus in Hurley's shirt, so maybe that's how he knew about Locke's speech.

Marvin

Fairly pointless thing I noticed; every episode this series has opened on a close-up of someone's eye.

terminallyrelaxed

Hooray and wow, etc. Nice to see Locke was happy for a while before the crash

Quote from: "Ja'moke"I agree that this episode had lots of filler and I dont usually mind if its entertaining but Charlie and Locke running from polar bears and stuff has all been done in Season 1,

Taking a longer view, I'm glad we had polar bears again, it wasn't credible that they were all over the place in season 1 and then just nothing, there couldn't be only one.
I expect to see a return of the chain-monster and the smoke monster too, unles the hatch implosion has done for them. Thank god it wasn't just Jack, Kate and Sawyer again, any more and we wouldn't be able to pick up with the others credibly, I have a hard enough time judging time as it is, I loved when I downloaded the whole of Season 1 and watched it one weekend, then it really flowed.

Marvin

Yeah I actually was pleased to see a polar bear, as we knew they were still out there, and ok the island's big but you're bound to run into a fucking polar bear now and then.

They need to do something with the monster(s) soon really, it's been ages since they were even mentioned.

Saw the preview and it looks pretty good actually. This isn't a spoiler as it doesn't have much to do with the preview, but I really hope that Jack does cooperate with the Others, I agree they're definitely 'bad' but I just think it would make a very interesting plotline.

It seems plausible enough that they wouldn't see the bears again, there were only two in series one weren't there and there are two cages in The Others' base. The monster disappearing is more of a plothole.

Anyway I shouldn't be reading this, the torrent is going bastard slow again so I probably won't get the episode until saturday.

Artemis

Hypnotoad.

Quote from: "Ja'moke"but just want to say next weeks episode looks awesome.

We said that about this weeks, they basically pick the 2 or 3 best parts and put them in the preview. In isolation, they aren't really spoliers, but they make every next episode look like the BESTEST EVAAAAAH

Was ok this week though, not sure what to make of Desmond seeing Lockes speech in the future, both of them seem changed somewhat after the explosion, could be the ringing in their ears !

Locke has regained his faith, and is aware that the Island has Hallucinogens available, which may have been the cause of all the events like Jack seeing his Dad walking round the forest, way back in Series 1

Good episode though, figured Locke was going to kill the cop if I'm honest

Joy Nktonga

Heh. I was actually willing him to do it. Naughty Nktonga. Nice change of pace this week. Good to see the rest of 'em again. The airport bit was tres bien. Now my mind's all muddled about Desmond. It lends some credibility to that theory about implanted minds/memories. Charlie mocking Locke at the start was tops, but he quickly fell into petulant follower again. Did Eko really wake up or was it an extension of Locke's hallucination? I'm guessing the former. It was probably obvious but it was 7.00am when I started watching it.

In light of the recent Sky-napping news, I'm glad I decided not to wait for this season to air.

Thanks to those involved in enabling me to watch this ep.

CookACat

Desmond can see into the future. Nice. If he turned out to be Jesus, Marvin, that would be acers! (Oh, and there are always close ups of eyes - the first shot of the pilot is of Jack's).

Marv Orange

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/
Does what it says on the URL lots of screen caps of the little details in each ep.

No one asked so I'll share my theory on how this 6 ep story arc finishes. Based purely on how lost has worked in previous eps. The 6 episode will probably have locke and gang just starting to set off to find the others or just arriving at the north.

1 ep to get together
1 ep to get there
1 ep to building to a cliffhanger.

Of course anyone of these eps could be replaced with an ep concentrating on the prisoners stroyline.

Quote from: "Marv Orange"1 ep to get together
1 ep to get there
1 ep to building to a cliffhanger.
... and in the darkness, bind them.

AMG

I always assumed the first polar bear was there because of Walt's spooky powers - he reads a book about a bird, the bird flies into the window - he reads a comic about polar bears and hey presto. Apparently not.

So Locke used to be friends with Hank Jennings. No wonder he's such a git.

chumfatty

Quote from: "AMG"I always assumed the first polar bear was there because of Walt's spooky powers - he reads a book about a bird, the bird flies into the window - he reads a comic about polar bears and hey presto. Apparently not.

I thought that too. I'm assuming now that the bird existed anyhow and was drawn to Walt because he was reading it in a book, thus the Polar Bear also existed and was drawn to Walt because he read it in the comic.

Oh to have those powers and a couple of copies of Razzle!

Jonathan Ingram

Quote from: "Claude the Lion Tamer"So Locke used to be friends with Hank Jennings. No wonder he's such a git.
Oh, thank you! Where I recognised that bloke from had been bothering me all day!

I wonder if Nicky and Paulo (those two who come running when Locke and Charlie bring Eko back to the camp) are going to be regular characters now. Their lines could just have easily been said by Rose and Bernard, so the fact that two new faces said them seems significant. Alternatively it might just be an attempt to counter criticism of the background characters being ludicrously uninvolved in the plot.

I hope they're not being promoted to the main cast, as it's too late to be introducing new survivors and neither of them made very good impressions in the short space of time they were onscreen. The girl in paricular was a right over actor.

I agree about Charlie's apparent indifference to things being annoying, although his taking the piss out of Locke's mumbo jumbo made me smile and everyone else seems to be ignoring the destruction of the hatch too.

imitationleather

Hmm... I never really had Locke down as the txtr sort.

Now if you don't mind I'm going to get high and watch some wildlife documentaries on the Beeb.

Sheriff John Indolent

Charlie needs to get hit by someone again. He's more irritating than ever. I thought Hurley might have done it after the sarcastic 'riiiiiiiight' business after he told him he'd just had deja vu.

After thinking I wouldn't bother with Lost anymore after the magic-tarnishing of series 2 it appears they've still got me. Here's to twenty odd more weeks of sluggishly-paced frustration! You all everybody!

wheatgod

So Locke WAS involved in Kate's bank job. He said so himself. 10 points to whomever sepculated on that one.
Poor ole Locke, everyone just lies to him.

Desmond's 'deja vu' is certainly interesting. Either he's magically seen the future, or things on the island are following some kind of pre-determined sequence that he is aware of.

Good to see Boone, weren't it? He said of Desmond: "He's helping himself". Whats that all about then?

It was a very good episode, leagues ahead of the other 2, both of which I found pants. What direction is the series going in? Whats going to be the overarching theme?
Season 1, we wanted to find out how and why they got there, and what the hatch was. Season 2 told us that.
Season 2, we wanted to find out more about what else was on the island (i.e. The Others and Dharma) and Season 3 is giving us that.
Season 3 - are we going to head closer to them getting rescued? Charlie's vision and Hurley's big bird need explaining too.

What other questions remain from Season 2?

Ja'moke

I still want to know more about that psychic that Claire went to see in Season 1, the one that told her only she can bring up the baby and nobody else and he told her to get on the plane, then he cropped up again to the end of Season 2, so I would like to know his involvment.