Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,610,534
  • Total Topics: 107,185
  • Online Today: 528
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

May 28, 2024, 05:33:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Housemartins / The Beautiful South

Started by KLG-7DD, March 14, 2014, 04:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panbaams

Don't know much about either band beyond their singles, but they're very good singles.

One of the first gigs I went to was to see The Beautiful South in 1994. My girlfriend at the time was into them and got us tickets to go. It was at the Chelmsford Spectacular, a sort of foreunner to the V Festival – it wasn't very spectacular, but it was very, very Chelmsford.

EDIT: For some reason I've never quite understood it's CaB tradition to acknowledge that your post is a pisspoor start to a new page, so I'll do that here.

Famous Mortimer

I have to agree with the last tagger in this instance. How most of you feel about the last few Beautiful South records, I feel about Heaton's entire career.

Although I did like their "Northern Scum" shirts and would have bought one had it not had "Beautiful South" on the back of it.

momatt

doppelkorn

BUMP!

Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott are touring.

Is £25 worth it?

the science eel

mobias

I went through a short period in the mid nineties when I liked them, I guess when for a brief period they were probably the biggest band in the country. When fucking Rotterdam was everywhere. Listening them now is pretty difficult though. There's something slightly naff about Heaton's lyrics I think. They were always a band your girlfriend loved. Thats how I remember it anyway. I remember them headlining T in the Park sometime in the mid nineties and the guys in our group complaining because all the girls wanted to see them instead of the Prodigy.