Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:30:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Oft-forgotten gems from the Alan Partridge canon

Started by MoonDust, January 21, 2017, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Quote from: nec1974 on January 31, 2017, 03:08:19 PM
'You shot Telly Savalas?'
'Put a Conrad Knight sock in it'
'On that double vehicular loss...for Alan Partridge'

All the Las Vegas KMKY radio episode is glorious. One radio outing that is oft-forgotten is Knowing Knowing Me Knowing You, the fly-on-the-wall documentary.

'Up, up, up, down, down, down, jiggy, jiggy, jiggy, around and around'.

Yes, I love the 'Conrad Knight socks' bit. To this day I still have to stop myself blurting out 'Conrad Knight Socks' in the middle of other peoples' sentences after taking socks out of the washing machine.

Glebe

Quote from: Cuellar on January 31, 2017, 02:47:57 PMBeen revisiting MMM thanks to this thread, and this little corpse by Tim Key is nice:

http://dai.ly/x5a6a08?start=456

Also here.

"I've got a sad Arab on line three."

"If you put fennel in there, we're gonna fall out."

hard rocx and mettals

Paul Calf

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on January 31, 2017, 01:09:08 PM
Is this the PA at the county show? I love when he goes off script. "I don't know if you're familiar with BBC commissioning policy..."

The panic that ensues when the keyboard won't stop playing at the afternoon with Sue Cook.

"Ghost in the machine. Probably a metaphor for...er...anyway!"

non capisco

Talking of ghosts in the machine...

'That was The Police with 'De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da', their gibberish classic....'

Robert

I say telescopic dampers, I mean rigid stays.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Robert on January 31, 2017, 11:34:29 PM
I say telescopic dampers, I mean rigid stays.

Yikes.

Was just about to post that.

Can't be that forgotten. We suck.

MoonDust

Quote from: Glebe on January 31, 2017, 06:17:24 PM
Also here.

"I've got a sad Arab on line three."

"If you put fennel in there, we're gonna fall out."

That and Cuellar's link has the video and audio painfully out of sync. Bit annoying as I wanted to rewatch series 2.

Hangthebuggers

'Oh Alan, where's your sense of humour?'

'I don't have one'

In his discussion with the wonderfully terrifying Mary.

Cuellar

Quote from: MoonDust on February 01, 2017, 08:21:48 AM
That and Cuellar's link has the video and audio painfully out of sync. Bit annoying as I wanted to rewatch series 2.

Oh really? Not for me, neither of them.

MoonDust

MoonDust

Gurke and Hare

"That could have been spectacular. We could have had a horse jump, now we've got a lump of dung."

Captain Z

You can stop giggling before I take down your particulars!

Hangthebuggers

'There's a spoon in the bathroom, but I've no cause to use it'

-

Alan: Lynn, say I didn't have a panic attack!

Lynn: You didn't have a panic attack.

Alan: I know!

-

Stop going on about Benjamin Netenuahu Lynn, you're never going to meet him!

-

And then I fly off to Cornwall and I just smash in the sea in a big ball of flames.

-

Fire fire, the fair's on fire....not even listening.

shiftwork2

My favourite ever two seconds of Partridge was SHITTY ZOMBIES in the amusement arcade.  A pearl in the mud of IAP2.  Always something joyous about Alan with his guard down, enjoying himself.

Shade

non capisco

"Tonight's show is coming live from BBC Television Centre where we've built an exact replica reproduction of the interior of my house. Please, don't take that as a green light to go to Norwich and burgle my actual house... it has happened during my television series six times... because sitting at my home right now are two men from Securicor, Mike and Ted with their two alsatians, Tin Tin and Pickles. So if anyone out there is thinking of burgling me then don't bother. No, in fact, do. Have a go! Because quite frankly you'll be picking up your teeth with a broken arm. So just think about that before you trespass on my property because you people are scum."

The detail that his house was burgled on a weekly basis during every episode of KMKYWAP. 'Tin Tin and Pickles'.

Glebe

"I've got access to the kids but they don't wanna see me!"

marquis_de_sad

"I think that it's unhelpful when you're trying to build a new America, in the early 60s, to have sex with Marilyn Monroe. It's not helpful."

QDRPHNC

The bit in MMM when he's smelling wine and almost gives himself a panic attack. Can't remember the exact line (at work), but something like, "Oh Jesus, not here."

The look on his face as the gangster threatens him

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on February 02, 2017, 05:17:30 PM
The look on his face as the gangster threatens him

Similar face to when Lynn's ex-fuzz, baptist pal threatens to knock his block off. Thankfully he gets 'Bleachy head' and Michael to guard him.

Gulftastic

'Dear oh dear oh dear. That is extraordinary. I mean, to look at you, you'd think you'd sing like an angel, but in actual fact you sound like a trapped boy.'

Chriddof

Quote from: MoonDust on February 01, 2017, 11:07:07 AM
One of the best deliveries in that whole Attitudes Night sketch. Perfect.

And it's where my avatar comes from. If I had a bit of custom text underneath it, it would read "Inadequacy, and gloom".

For me the whole of the narration from the delay at the racing on TDT is incredible. The "dunno what that is" bit's been mentioned, I think, but also "let's hope that tomfoolery doesn't escalate into blind... ugly violence", referring to a horse as being "well-known for its sense of humour - look at that wiggle! Marvellous", "a lovely girl there, chomping on a sandwich!... (weird untranscribable happy sighing noise)", and of course the faux-pas revolving around a bit of horse-shaped tarpaulin and a Volvo.

HappyTree

manticore

I went to the recording of one of the KMKY radio shows and was very impressed that all the characters dressed up and the stage was done up like a proper chat show. Coogan remained in character all the time and looked miffed in a pefectly Partridge way when Iannucci announced that he had got a line wrong and a scene had to be redone.

The one with the hypnotherapist and child prodigy is a work of art.

Twed

After talking to Julian Barratt as "Blackbird" the folk singer about the troubling distractions of modern life like iPhones, Alan saying proudly:

"You know, when I get home tonight I'm going to throw away my kettle."

Mobius

"Rayne Wooney. Top one!"

"Spiffing! oh..uhh.. WAGWAN!"