Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:58:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Threelon Musk: pl3ase lik3 m3

Started by Ferris, December 03, 2023, 09:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Ian Drunken Smurf

Have we slagged off the Cybertruck for being s4c yet?

gabrielconroy

Yes! Although I'm watching Ferris' video about it at the moment, so maybe I'll revise my opinion (probably not).

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I don't mind the Cybertruck, because at least it looks different. Modern cars all look virtually identical, they've all got that contour going from the headlights to the bonnet that makes them look sort of amphibian. The Cybertruck maybe a shitbox, but it's a unique shitbox.

touchingcloth

Sonny_Jim

I keep on thinking how shit the original Dodge Viper was in terms of build quality and general usefulness.  Still ended up being iconic and selling like hotcakes.

I reckon this will be the same, it's s4c but there's a lot of cunts in the world

gabrielconroy

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 03, 2023, 10:32:46 PMWhat's this video of Ferris's?

Sorry, it was actually from @Sebastian Cobb

He's pretty positive about it as it happens. I should point out that I don't drive and (obviously) don't own a car, so I'm not exactly the target audience. But I do think it looks crap, especially so considering how expensive it is, and it also seems like it will murder several errant children a week with those sharp steel-hard edges.

Cold Meat Platter

The Cybertruck looks like something you might get if an eccentric hobbyist built a vehicle out of some old stainless steel cooker extractor fans:

'Son, you'd better get round here pronto, yer da's built a motor out of some auld cooker hoods and he's threatening to take it out on to the roads.'

Terry Torpid

Look at the sun visor. When he pulls it down, the area the visor was covering is also made of glass, so you're just blocking one bit of sun while revealing another. The sun can shine over the visor. Batshit.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on December 03, 2023, 11:06:42 PMThe Cybertruck looks like something you might get if an eccentric hobbyist built a vehicle out of some old stainless steel cooker extractor fans:

'Son, you'd better get round here pronto, yer da's built a motor out of some auld cooker hoods and he's threatening to take it out on to the roads.'
I like the idea of the future is just the 80s coming true. A Delorean but as a SUV!

Why doesn't Elon make it fly? Actually that will be coming soon-it will probably fly for a few minutes and Elon will tease a production model.

Alberon

The gaps around the steel plates (which even the video mentions is variable between different cybertrucks) are shit and I really do wonder how the bodywork is going to look after being driven around for a few months.

Just typing the word 'cybertruck' makes me realise how 80s it sounds. Fits the look of a cheap prop from a 40 year old straight to video movie, I suppose.

Kankurette

That fucking thing looks like a shit Transformer.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: gabrielconroy on December 03, 2023, 10:52:18 PMSorry, it was actually from @Sebastian Cobb

He's pretty positive about it as it happens. I should point out that I don't drive and (obviously) don't own a car, so I'm not exactly the target audience. But I do think it looks crap, especially so considering how expensive it is, and it also seems like it will murder several errant children a week with those sharp steel-hard edges.

Think that's the first I'veen a front 3/4 view. Worse than I imagined

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Terry Torpid on December 03, 2023, 11:07:22 PMLook at the sun visor. When he pulls it down, the area the visor was covering is also made of glass, so you're just blocking one bit of sun while revealing another. The sun can shine over the visor. Batshit.

I assume you'll be wearing a bald concealment cap so just need if sun is quite low

Terry Torpid

Quote from: Dex Sawash on December 03, 2023, 11:26:59 PMI assume you'll be wearing a bald concealment cap so just need if sun is quite low

The truck should come with optional Musk hairplugs.

Quote from: Alberon on December 03, 2023, 11:22:15 PMJust typing the word 'cybertruck' makes me realise how 80s it sounds.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Alberon on December 03, 2023, 11:22:15 PM

...so the front trunk is actually called a "frunk"? Has Elon really named a part after a joke made by Don Eladio when he was being especially childish in BCS?

Blue Jam

Ian Drunken Smurf

Part of me wants to see it used as Musk's hearse.

Memorex MP3

You know what would be great? If Tesla used their influence to make a successful electric truck that followed the form factor of those little Asian ones

Setting aside my profound anti-Musk bias (I've ridden in Teslas and they are nice enough, if overpriced) this looks like absolute shit and seems like a baffling business decision. What demographic is going to be in the market for an embarrassing-looking $100k pickup truck that can go 130 mph?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Alberon on December 03, 2023, 11:22:15 PMThe gaps around the steel plates (which even the video mentions is variable between different cybertrucks) are shit and I really do wonder how the bodywork is going to look after being driven around for a few months.

Just typing the word 'cybertruck' makes me realise how 80s it sounds. Fits the look of a cheap prop from a 40 year old straight to video movie, I suppose.

Feels very much like an Epstein/Maxwell front. Like that ocean charity Maxwell had. A naff but shiny bauble distraction to mask much more sinister goings on.

Buelligan

Quote from: convulsivespace on December 04, 2023, 05:42:18 AMI've ridden in Teslas and they are nice enough, if overpriced

I don't like them but recognise I'm not everyone, not all the time anyway.  As a method of moving things from one place to another, they're fine, electric, gooder for planet than petrol.  But you can't take a pig to market or shift bales of hay - maybe that's what they've built the Cybertruck for and not for shovelling overfed childer into the school gates or pimpin on the strip (whatever that means) which is what I'd uncharitably assumed. Anyway, as a utilitarian transportation system Teslas are ridiculously expensive and narrow focus.

I object to the fact they all come with all the shit (almost all the shit) as standard but you have to pay extra to unlock it.  To me, that on its own marks the car and its maker as philosophically bankrupt.  It flies in the face of everything I believe (almost everything).  If you can afford to provide a thing to the people, if it is possible, it should be done.  In effect customers are charged for all the shit and denied access to it unless they pay extra for access to something they've already bought.  Utterly shite.

And the way they behave as a vehicle.  Designed for people who don't want to engage with what they're doing.  Designed to keep people more and more remote from the moment they are living.  No emotion, no feeling, no sense of connection.  Like sex with a robot.  Depressing, I think.  That's Teslas.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: convulsivespace on December 04, 2023, 05:42:18 AMSetting aside my profound anti-Musk bias (I've ridden in Teslas and they are nice enough, if overpriced) this looks like absolute shit and seems like a baffling business decision. What demographic is going to be in the market for an embarrassing-looking $100k pickup truck that can go 130 mph?

buzby

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 03, 2023, 11:49:05 PM...so the front trunk is actually called a "frunk"? Has Elon really named a part after a joke made by Don Eladio when he was being especially childish in BCS?
The term 'frunk' to refer to a cargo area under the bonnet has been around in the US since the 60s to refer to underbonnet cargo area in VW Beetles and rear-engined Porsches, though it rose in popularity in the late-80s when the original Toyota MR2 and Pontiac Fiero went on sale there.

The word was added to Urban Dictionary in 2009 and the US car magazine Car & Driver first used the word in print in 2012 in a review of a McLaren.

jobotic

If I saw one of these in real life I'd point and laugh and throw a tomato at it if I had one.

But only to hide my profound jealousy of the driver's wealth and coolness obviously.

touchingcloth

Quote from: buzby on December 04, 2023, 09:27:54 AMThe term 'frunk' to refer to a cargo area under the bonnet has been around in the US since the 60s to refer to underbonnet cargo area in VW Beetles and rear-engined Porsches, though it rose in popularity in the late-80s when the original Toyota MR2 and Pontiac Fiero went on sale there.

The word was added to Urban Dictionary in 2009 and the US car magazine Car & Driver first used the word in print in 2012 in a review of a McLaren.

In the UK, we call them froots.