Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:15:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inept film posters

Started by Nuclear Optimism, April 09, 2013, 03:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Mini on November 17, 2016, 09:55:46 AM
Not inept but not good either.

The one on the left would be much better without the helicopters. They distract from the visual path from the soldiers to Kong.

The one on the right would be better without the helicopter too. Fucking hell, they must have a real "copter head" over on the marketing side.

Quote from: Mini on November 17, 2016, 09:57:11 AM
Now that's inept.

What is this fascination with having the stars of a thing walking/running on the promotional material? I can't be arsed to think of any examples as I've just woken up, but there are loads and it always looks fucking STUPID.

From TWO of the guys who brought you *insert shit comedy film*

Crabwalk

Quote from: Mini on November 17, 2016, 09:55:46 AM
Not inept but not good either.

A big monkey is the least of your problems if the sun's become a red giant.

That one with Ricky Gervais's grinning head looking at the viewer while attached to an improbably slim-looking body, frozen in mid-leap through the air.  Did that inspire anyone to watch, or did it merely look as if Gervais seemed to be looking for approval for being able to momentarily defy gravity? 

I think that was for World's Biggest Liar, or whatever it was called.

Keebleman

A movie about the search (sorry, quest) for the source of the Nile would have been a hard sell anyway, but this dreadful effort finished whatever chance it had.  Wish I could get a better image of it, then you'd see more clearly how the natives get transparent as they recede into the distance, as if they were ghosts.

I remember an interview with Iain Glen a year or so later and he was still incredulous at how bad it was.

Serge

Quote from: Pit-Pat on November 17, 2016, 12:33:49 PM
I thought Bad Santa was reasonably alright, but that poster makes me actively not want to watch the sequel.

If you haven't seen the trailer yet, that will make you want to avoid it even more.

SteveDave

Sweet Jesus, I saw the advert on the side of a bus for Bad Santa 2 today. He looks like he's fallen over, broken his neck and crippled his arm.

Johnny Caramel

Quote from: clingfilm portent on November 17, 2016, 02:05:06 PM
What is this fascination with having the stars of a thing walking/running on the promotional material? I can't be arsed to think of any examples as I've just woken up, but there are loads and it always looks fucking STUPID.

Post a pic of yourself walking so we can judge for ourselves man you fucking daft cunt.

Mini

I think this is supposed to be Cars 3...

Blumf

Is the poster really the problem, or is it the stupid title?

Mini

Quote from: Blumf on December 06, 2016, 03:09:08 PM
Is the poster really the problem, or is it the stupid title?

You're right, I just needed to share.

Plus the premise - if you speak his name or even think it, he'll come for you faster than you can say "Clive Barker should sue."

Shaky

Blumf

kidsick5000

A marvel of ineptitude, not in the rendering That's some nice art there, but not a single damn thing on that poster happens in the film aka CAB favourite The Final Programme.
I'm not even sure there's a scene at night. That fella in the middle, he's not in it at all *
Spoiler alert
There now follows a pedants deflection Yes there is an ape person at the end but they're female, in a white suit and glimpsed for all of a second
[close]

olliebean

Very disappointed that on second glance that one turned out not to be called "Last Days of Alan on Earth."

mothman

Checked IMDb, there's no Alan. Presumably that's him in the middle then, and his scenes were cut.

BlodwynPig

Can't remember if this happens in the film either

Alberon

Books often reuse covers. That one is originally from 'It Shouldn't Happen to a Vet' by James Herriot.

Makes much more sense now, doesn't it?

kidsick5000

Quote from: Alberon on December 07, 2016, 04:59:24 PM
Books often reuse covers. That one is originally from 'It Shouldn't Happen to a Vet' by James Herriot.

Makes much more sense now, doesn't it?

Of course. Now I remember that bit.
"She's been off 'er feed since Thursday Mr 'Erriot. 'Appen it'll be that giant incendiary 'arlot Mr Jenkins put in 'is field. All them visitors are just distracting poor daisy."

Head Gardener

popcorn

Quote from: Mini on November 30, 2016, 02:43:29 PM
I think this is supposed to be Cars 3...

Fucking hell, that's sort of horrifying when you picture the presumably terrified car face just out of shot.

jobotic

Small Man Big Horse

Less an inept poster than a really silly title which is obviously going to be greatly mocked.

Luckily my favourite fetish involves feline urine so I'll be seeing this on day one.

Mini

From cat piss to dog shit.

Enrico Palazzo

Mini

^I just came on here to post this. With great power comes inept film posters.