Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:17:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2022 Round 1: Ian Duncan Smurf vs Mr Farenheit

Started by Ian Drunken Smurf, June 28, 2022, 10:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Drunken Smurf

DoesNotFollow

Liking the babies littered about like video game power-ups.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

touchingcloth

Ha! Who's that behind Paul on stage? Charles Manson? Conchita Wurst?

DoesNotFollow

The use of the word 'bounce' has got me smiling more than it should.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Ian Drunken Smurf

Will have something up at the end of the day - had a not so quick trip to the hospital yesterday.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Sorry, but things are out of my control - I can't get anything together quickly, so will concede to that shot of pure beauty. Sorry for robbing Mr Farenheit off a winning shot in this game.

Mr Farenheit

No problem, IDS although it's fine with me if someone was to step in for your second shot.. 

Hope all is well anyway and not related to your trip to the hospital (ie you didn't discharge yourself from intensive care or something to get back and play wimblewrong)

Famous Mortimer

Sorry Ian, hope all is well (or as well as can be) with you and yours.

If anyone wants to give @Mr Farenheit a bit of a game, just for fun like, until the last first round match is resolved?

TheGingerAlien

Sleep wi'dogs wake up covered in chum:

[Hope you get stuff sorted Ian.]

Ian Drunken Smurf

Thanks all - and GingerAlien for playing a second for me. I'm ok and recovering, a couple of curveballs in the last couple of days.

TheGingerAlien

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

TGA showing the true spirit of Wimblewrong sportspersonship.

Ferris

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on July 07, 2022, 02:48:07 PMTGA showing the true spirit of Wimblewrong sportspersonship.

It's like when they get one of the ballboys in to have a rally with Pete Sampras whoever is the best at tennis these days during a rain delay.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Ferris on July 07, 2022, 05:55:44 PMIt's like when they get one of the ballchildren in to have a rally with Pete Sampras whoever is the best at tennis these days during a rain delay.
FTFY

Ferris

Of course, they're all ballchildren by the time etc

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: Ferris on July 07, 2022, 05:55:44 PMIt's like when they get one of the ballboys in to have a rally with Pete Sampras whoever is the best at tennis these days during a rain delay.

Glad to be of service Ferris. Thanks for your support and encouragement!

Mr Farenheit

as the match is technically over anyway, I've blatantly cheated on the pixels rule

~huuuuurrrrghhh

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Mr F. Can you please stop being so good and give the rest of us a chance. Also instant disqualification for breaking the rules!

TheGingerAlien

bgmnts

Get well soon IDS.

Brexit fridge babies is such a great collection of words.

Ferris

A 9-3-2-6-2-5 triple play isn't just unique, it should be impossible for any team with half decent baserunners.

It implies the batter was recorded out on the fly ball to right field but the runners at first and second either didn't tag up or assumed the ball was going to drop without checking. Force out at first, then the runner from second tried to go to third while the ball was in the infield (?!) and was caught in a rundown between the catcher and left side infielders (with the third baseman making the tag).

Seriously poor baserunning that should never happen at the professional level. Then again, the White Sox did something similar against the Twins just last week.

...I'll drop myself off at the sewage plant.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Ferris on July 09, 2022, 02:17:26 PMA 9-3-2-6-2-5 triple play isn't just unique, it should be impossible for any team with half decent baserunners.

You've no imagination.

Fambo Number Mive

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 30, 2022, 08:55:26 PMHa! Who's that behind Paul on stage? Charles Manson? Conchita Wurst?
Had to Google conchita... its quite a likeness. But he's alive so this can only be Manson, enlisted without consent into McCartney's ghoulish new trend of 'necro-duets'