Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:22:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Epic45

Started by jamiefairlie, March 20, 2024, 08:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamiefairlie

Got their new album "You'll only see us when the light has gone" and really liked it.

Then went on a downloading spree and their back catalogue is really good too.

Seems they've been around since the late 90s but I'd never heard of them before. There's bits of Cocteau guitars and some Bark Psychosis and ambient Mogwai in there.

Anybody know them?

dontpaintyourteeth

Nope

I'll give them a listen

sardines

Yes I played the hell out of 'Weathering' when it came out. During a period of taking long walks and swimming in the melancholy of stuff like Hood, Third Eye Foundation, The Remote Viewer.

Oddly I never really 'followed' them so am not aware of the rest of their catalogue or that that were even still going (I see now that Weathering got a lovely looking vinyl reissue recently).

purlieu

I'm mates with occasional member/collaborator Eric. They have a lot of lovely stuff, a really tangible sense of English rural melancholia runs through their music, and I really admire their trying-everything-out-warts-and-all approach, meaning you'll be in the middle of a run of post-rock tracks and suddenly there'll be a bit of lo-fi DIY jungle in there or something. I think they rely on that generic chiming post-rock guitar tone a bit too much sometimes, and sometimes they cross the line between lo-fi and just a bit crap, but I have a lot of time for them.