Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:08:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pukka Pies for goalposts - a Football League/ National League thread

Started by holyzombiejesus, November 08, 2021, 04:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Kankurette on March 18, 2024, 10:08:10 AMHow many more points do they need for it to be official? They've pretty much won it already.

One more point (or Barnet fail to win tomorrow). Its won but would be nice to be there when it's official (so hope Barnet win).

jobotic

All of your dreams came true!

Wish I could have made Ebbsfleet v Chatham in the Kent Senior Cup semi-final tonight. Alright Chatham lost but it was a 5-3 thriller against the BIG boys.

Quote from: Hat FM on March 21, 2024, 04:50:32 PMchesterfield still cathchable! (mathematically)

Fortunately we have Boreham Wood at home on Saturday and if we can't beat them to win the league we should be immediately relegated.

jobotic

You did it!

Just back from Chatham v Haringey Borough. Odd game and near the end their keeper was rightly sent off but it started a mass brawl which ended up with their players all leaving the pitch. They came back on after about five minutes but I don't know what that was about. If it was about the red card they can poke it but I hope there wasn't racism from the crowd or anything. Lot of shouting and swearing in the bit I was in but didn't hear anything racist but that wasn't the main stand where it all happened.

Liked some of their songs. Sing If You're Haringey, Sing If You're Happy That Way.

Kankurette

Congrats to Chesterfield! I mean, it was a no brainer but nice to have it confirmed.

Hat FM

congratulations to Chesterfield :)

Bromley managed to lose against relegation threatened york city on Saturday. terrible performance in the first half. slightly better in the second but york managed to get a breakaway goal to make it 2-0. we'll be very lucky to hang on to 2nd. big game against solihull moors soon...

Kankurette

Looking at the bottom of the Championship and it's still tight (Rotherham excepted, they're screwed). We need to beat Swansea. Our last two games have been washouts but tbf they were against Leeds and Ipswich. If Huddersfield and Birmingham lose, we somehow beat Swansea, we're out of purgatory. Of course, Birmingham and QPR drawing as well would be good for us.

Kankurette

monkfromhavana

Wednesday doing us a favour last night. Still think that the play-offs are beyond us though.

Kankurette

I was not expecting that but those subs changed everything. We've only got four games left now.

Hat FM

bromley getting a decent draw at Barnet last night. need to beat solihull moors (grudge match) and Oxford (bottom of the league) to hold onto third place and the play off semis. Not sure why i'm bothered  - still just get thumped in the play offs then lose our best (least words) players.

Kankurette

As much as I dislike Leeds, that was some shit tier reffing last night.

Neil Harris to be granted the freedom of Ipswich. Possibly.

Poobum

Leeds absolutely choking is somewhat offset by all results going Mansfield's way. Need 1 point from 3 games and we won't have to be in the same league as icky Chesterfield 🤢

Inspector Norse

30 years ago I was watching Oldham playing against Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc in the Premier League.

Today they drew 0-0 at semi-pro bottom-of-the-league Oxford City meaning their play-off chances are as good as finished and it's a third year in the National League. Patience is running out with Micky Mellon's dull long-ball tactics as the results have dried up. The money and experience that's gone into the squad, people have a right to expect better.

kalowski

finnquark

Quote from: kalowski on April 13, 2024, 05:37:55 PMBut so far everything's gone Altrincham's way!!

Beat Oxford at home = home tie
Halifax or Gateshead at home
Bromley away
Wembley play off

Absurd achievement to get a top 7 finish

Kankurette

Quote from: Poobum on April 13, 2024, 05:23:07 PMLeeds absolutely choking is somewhat offset by all results going Mansfield's way. Need 1 point from 3 games and we won't have to be in the same league as icky Chesterfield 🤢
And with our luck we won't be meeting Dem Bladez next season.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Inspector Norse on April 13, 2024, 05:32:03 PM30 years ago I was watching Oldham playing against Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc in the Premier League.

Today they drew 0-0 at semi-pro bottom-of-the-league Oxford City meaning their play-off chances are as good as finished and it's a third year in the National League. Patience is running out with Micky Mellon's dull long-ball tactics as the results have dried up. The money and experience that's gone into the squad, people have a right to expect better.

The first ever game I went to was Coventry City 1 Oldham Athletic 1. Lee Hurst scored for Cov, no idea who scored for Oldham (Roger Palmer probably).

kalowski

Quote from: finnquark on April 13, 2024, 08:35:35 PMBeat Oxford at home = home tie
Halifax or Gateshead at home
Bromley away
Wembley play off

Absurd achievement to get a top 7 finish
Please not Halifax.

Poobum

Mansfield gone done it. Heady heights of 3rd tier football.

Kankurette

Looks like South Coast Derby is ON next season unless Saints go up.

king_tubby

We need four points from the last two games to be sure of 2nd.

Kankurette

We need 9 points from our last three games to not be relegated but who am I fucking kidding we won't.

king_tubby

Given my Wednesday mates were ripping the piss out of me all last season I will experience a little
schadenfreude should we manage to go up and they go down. Sorry!

Kankurette

Leeds?

The frustrating thing is that our form has been OK recently, it's just we had such a rotten start to the season that our points and goal difference haven't recovered. If we'd beaten Stoke, we'd have been out of the relegation zone for the first time since AUGUST.

king_tubby

holyzombiejesus

Looks like the Vale are heading down to League Two. We've lost millions over the last couple of seasons but still haven't managed to buy a fucking striker. David Flitcroft should be horsewhipped for what he's done to the club. Darren Moore's not had much to play with but two wins and ten defeats in 15 games is pretty atrocious as well.

Obviously when you have a female owner, the scum come slithering out and blame the club's community programme and food bank and the 'fact' that she's "too in love with being one of the leagues only chairwomen and the attention that brings". Sometimes I think that Jonathan gullis is a perfect match for much of the fanbase. Fucking football, league one's going to be pretty good next season too.

Happy for Mansfield though, they were class at Wembley with the Darrell Clarke stuff.