Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:43:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Health thingy

Started by Barry Admin, February 16, 2024, 12:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Sorry you had to go through that Barry but the very best of luck with the results.

tookish

I hope the results are as good as they possibly can be. I had an MRI recently and also found it absolutely horrible, not least because they played Heart radio throughout.

Blue Jam

fwiw a friend of mine had cancer treatment over about five years and thought he'd experienced everything and had no fear of anything anymore when the cancer spread to his brain and he had to have an MRI. He had the weird plastic superhero mask made and was surprised to find the process of getting it custom moulded to actually be pretty oppressive and claustrophobic (and thanks to the wonders of immunotherapy he's made an incredible recovery).

You are absolutely not a big baby, it's an experience a lot of people find oppressive and frightening even as they weren't expecting it. To quote Michael Jackson and Kate Middleton, you are not alone:

biniput

Quote from: tookish on March 24, 2024, 03:53:31 PMI hope the results are as good as they possibly can be. I had an MRI recently and also found it absolutely horrible, not least because they played Heart radio throughout.

FUCKING MONSTERS!

Small Man Big Horse

So sorry you had to go through that Barry, it sounds fucking awful. When I had my MRI scan for my knee I definitely had music, and because it was on my knee they let me keep the top of my head out of the machine thankfully. And I really hope this helps them find a way to treat you asap, and that this nightmare will be over as soon as it can be.

pancreas

I had one and it was fine. Stick a needle in me and I'm out like a light, though.

imitationleather

I was the doctor who did pancreas' MRI and I didn't know how to break it to him but it is terminal. He's got days to live. Tragic.

Moj

Mick Foley, a man who's career could be summed up as 'doing terrifyingly dangerous and painful things in spectacular ways, for not as much money as he should have had', had an MRI once and had an absolute panic attack in there, hitting the emergency button and SCREAMING to be let out.  I'm not having any of this 'i was a big baby' nonsense.

McDead

No, it really is horrible, as close as I'd like to get to being in a coffin while alive, thanks

Zero Gravitas

I bet I'd be able to sublimate it into a relaxing and musically inspiring experience.

Skill issue Bazza?

pancreas

Quote from: imitationleather on March 25, 2024, 12:02:23 AMI was the doctor who did pancreas' MRI and I didn't know how to break it to him but it is terminal. He's got days to live. Tragic.

no no, it isn't. you'll go on without me, honest you will. make me proud, son.

and when i'm gone you may have my steam iron. not before.

imitationleather

I have never made anyone proud and I'm not about to start it for you. Now hurry up and die, you're taking up a bed.

Jockice

Had a few in my time but the worst was when had one in the 90s while really badly hungover. I can't remember the exact circumstances but I'd got very pissed the night before. Never again. Death would have come as a merciful release on that occasion.

Glad you're got it over and done with for now Barry. All the best.

Barry Admin

Hello, today was the day. Haven't slept the last three nights, great scenes.

Yesterday I got binned off by CBT, to my shock, as they don't think my physical health means I can make significant progress.  Really shit but meh, I did get something useful out of it, which is the phrase "it might be bad... but it might also be good", which is helping me deal with my catastrophising a bit better, and making me take more chances again.  Anyway that was a big shitter, but I can get readmitted within six months if things improve.

Saw the endocrinologist again today, and he confirmed that I've got a tumour in me head.  It is a benign adenoma on the pituitary gland, as suspected. I really just wanted answers one way or the other today, and I got one.  It's 10mm, they're gonna try treating it with drugs and testosterone therapy for now, with yearly MRI reviews, to see if it keeps growing or not. Hopefully should get the first testosterone shots next week, could be massive, seems to be life-changing in some instances I've read about.

Worst thing was the lack of sleep meant I struggled to focus, and forgot my glasses. So I never got a proper look at the little fella!  I asked the nurse afterwards if there was anyway I could get the pictures mailed out or whatever, and she asked if I was worried, and I said no, I'm a nerd - I was busting to study it, and to be able to show people my Numskulls.  I actually think I'll sign up for the MyCharts shit now so I can get it on there, I balked at putting my details in before, but this is tooooo intriguing.

So, yeah, I feel great to have an answer now, and even a course of treatment lined up.  This has dragged on for years (although he wasn't able to tell me how long for, using the size of it as a gauge.)

Thanks for reading and thanks again for the kind words, hopefully the treatment has a profound effect, and I can get more motivated to do shit again now. And will stop nodding off in the afternoons like an old cunt etc.

Glebe

Very glad to hear it's benign in any case Barry - best of luck with the treatment.❤️

Underturd

That's great news, Barry, good to know especially how upbeat you're feeling!

madhair60

very glad it's benign. benign bastard in there.

Magnum Valentino

Happy to hear this boss!

Pdine

Glad this is resolved and you're not at risk! Don't know what we'd do without you!

non capisco

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 12, 2024, 05:21:52 PMSo, yeah, I feel great to have an answer now, and even a course of treatment lined up. 

Wonderful to hear, man. Nice one.

Sebastian Cobb

Yeah, glad to hear you're sort-of okish. Sorry to hear about the cbt though.

Butchers Blind

jamiefairlie

Wow, I had no idea testosterone would help with a tumour.

Good luck and all that.

Pdine

I did CBT and it was cock.

greencalx

Glad to hear it's nothing too nasty and should respond to treatment. Good luck!

Uncle TechTip

I reckon the certainty is a great relief to you. Now you can focus on the treatment. Continued good health your way.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 12, 2024, 05:21:52 PMtestosterone therapy

Ah, so it was the manopause!

;) Nah seriously, if your experience of HRT for borked pituitary matters is anything like mine you'll feel a cloud being massively lifted surprisingly soon, and I hope you do. Not on testosterone myself but I have been considering it, might have to get it privately but from reading about the use of it for wimmin's troubles I'm sorely tempted. You're getting the good shizzle alright.

Great news, and all the best for brighter days ahead xxx

Barry Admin

Thanks very much everyone :-D

Quote from: jamiefairlie on April 12, 2024, 07:45:58 PMWow, I had no idea testosterone would help with a tumour.

Good luck and all that.

The medication will (hopefully) help with the tumour.  It's fucked up my hormones and low testosterone is one of the results of that.  So I can get that as a gel to rub on my shoulders, but I went for injections instead, even though needles can make me a bit light-headed.

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 12, 2024, 09:10:04 PMAh, so it was the manopause!

;) Nah seriously, if your experience of HRT for borked pituitary matters is anything like mine you'll feel a cloud being massively lifted surprisingly soon, and I hope you do.

I can't wait! The medication is meant to be a bit sick-making, but I'm anticipating feeling a lot younger again with the jabs. I've been feeling my age with pain and shit lately. But yeah, the lack of motivation and energy is the real killer.  A lot of days you're just exhausted and trying to push through to the nighttime, so you don't end up waking too early, but then my sleep is still massively disturbed from it all anyway and I'll wake up over and over again.

iamcoop

Wishing you all the best Barry x

The Mollusk

Legend Barry

Really happy to hear this man