Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:38:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

apologising for your actions and behaviour

Started by madhair60, March 25, 2024, 03:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

have you ever apologised for your actions and behaviour? i have found on many occasions my actions and behaviour were not acceptable and have found myself having to apologise for them. "i apologise for my actions and behaviour" is what i usually say. it is rare that a day goes by when i do not feel i need to apologise for my actions and behaviour.

Norton Canes

Mr Vegetables

Fambo Number Mive

Yes, several times in my past. I really regret how I acted towards one of my housemates in my second year of university, for example. And in my current job I've often had to apologise for doing things wrong or not needing I had to do something.

The Bumlord

Never apologise (for your actions and behaviour), never explain (your actions and behaviour)

Underturd

If it's someone I'm not close to then I'll  apologise sometimes even when I don't think I really need to, just to calm things down and maybe also to be the bigger man.

Buelligan

Make a practice of apologising to people for things I really do not believe deserve an apology but I know it greases 'em up, so I win (secretly).

Sorry about that.

phes

I tore a strip off a colleague recently and it was a bit much really so I apologized to them when the maximum number of colleagues were present, to widely humiliate myself as an offering of repentance. But they're a quiet and unconfrontational presence so later it occured to me that maybe they'd have preferred an awks look plus box o quality st

dontpaintyourteeth

have I ever apologised for my actions and behaviour? nooo. fuck no, dude.

touchingcloth

Every time I've ever had to apologise, I do it by singing Nirvana's All Apologies in full and at full volume. It's never appreciated, and so I always end up having to apologise for it.

Fambo Number Mive

Something I hate about my current job is being expected to apologise when the other person is in the wrong.

Senior Baiano

Never needed to, I've always behaved impeccably and with admirable moral courage.

Buelligan

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 25, 2024, 04:11:30 PMSomething I hate about my current job is being expected to apologise when the other person is in the wrong.

It's the same when you're a cleaner.  Used to work for this woman who was always leaving her tablet somewhere mad.  They'd always ask if I'd moved it, with a kind of deep look - we know you're poor but really stealing from us?!

And then I'd find it and know they expected an apology.  So I'd shove it somewhere where they'd "find" it themselves.  Or not, fuck 'em.

It's one of the worst things about that job - everything that gets lost or broken was obviously done by you.  You ask yourself, why does anyone employ cleaners when all they do is smash up the house and rob it, surely they'd be better off doing their own work.  Strangely, not.

The Bumlord

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 25, 2024, 04:11:17 PMEvery time I've ever had to apologise, I do it by singing Nirvana's All Apologies in full and at full volume. It's never appreciated, and so I always end up having to apologise for it.

Hopefully by doing exactly the same again

Butchers Blind

Icehaven

Only one at a time, so if I've apologised for my actions then I don't for my behaviour, and vice versa. On balance my actions need apologising for more often than my behaviour, but when it's my behaviour it's worse, but the actions are better to make up for it.

touchingcloth

Vodkafone

Sounds good doesn't it, apologising. This will set the record straight, clear the air, allow us to move past this unpleasantness and form a more adult and constructive relationship going forward, possibly even teach the other party a lesson in the value of being able to reflect, own one's mistakes and thereby grow as a person. That's why I don't bother.

touchingcloth

If you're a catholic, does confession remove the need for apologies? Oh, sorry, mate, who you gonna call? The polis? God's the polis.

Anagram of a Shit Name

I've never needed to apologise for my actions or behaviour because I always act with the utmost respect and integrity.

So all you cunts can just fuck off.

Anagram of a Shit Name

I'm sorry for my actions or behaviour 😩

shiftwork2

Please explain how your actions differ sufficiently from your behaviour to require an extra word.  There may be a need to apologise.

druss

Someone trod on my foot on the tube once and I apologised to them.

Jack Shaftoe

I've learned that the quicker and posher you apologise the more likely people are to be put on the back foot and let it go, although it's going to backfire on me eventually. Normally I have that that sort of standard RP could be from anywhere accent, but when I nearly reversed out of my parking spot into a cyclist the other day, I instantly went full Hugh Grant. 'Christ, I'm terribly sorry, entirely my fault!'

Cyclist was livid, but somehow my sounding about ten times posher than he'd expected completely threw him, it was great. But yes, I expect I eventually will get stabbed.

PlanktonSideburns

steve98

There's a few people here who, if they were decent, mature individuals, might feel the need to apologize to me for things said. But I'm here now to tell them: don't bother. Don't bother because you were more-or-less right; you just didn't have to put it quite so brutally.

imitationleather

Cold Meat Platter

Apologising while continuing the same behaviour is basically a passive-aggressive 'fuck you'

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on March 25, 2024, 04:06:13 PMMake a practice of apologising to people for things I really do not believe deserve an apology but I know it greases 'em up, so I win (secretly).

Sorry about that.

Pie and a pint?