Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:04:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Euro Election 2019

Started by NoSleep, April 18, 2019, 08:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who did you vote for in the Euro elections

Tories
5 (2%)
Labour
90 (36.4%)
Change UK
5 (2%)
Green
49 (19.8%)
SNP
18 (7.3%)
Plaid Cymru
9 (3.6%)
Lib Dems
22 (8.9%)
UKIP
5 (2%)
Fascist Party
12 (4.9%)
Other party (UK)
2 (0.8%)
Other party (Other EU country)
4 (1.6%)
I can't vote
3 (1.2%)
DUP
0 (0%)
SF
1 (0.4%)
SDLP
0 (0%)
UUP
1 (0.4%)
I wouldn't vote
12 (4.9%)
That bloke who pulls himself off next to the Aldi on Smithdown Road
9 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 247

biggytitbo

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 13, 2019, 12:01:11 PM
Do you think that political parties should exist in a self-inflating, self-confirming bubble? That their members and officers should march in lockstep and be constantly on-message?

Once again, you exhibit the symptoms of immersion in Blairite culture.

Keir Starmer is the shadow brexit secretary, and he doesn't support his own party's policy on brexit. He's not some backbencher or party member.

Watson and Starmer want to destroy Corbyn. Supporting a loser's vote or Remain (at this stage) is purely to make Labour under Corbyn perform so badly they feel they can then legitimately call time on JelyfishJez. The fact this needs explaining to supposed Labour supporters, let alone Corbyn supporters, illustrates just how deeply clueless they are.

jobotic

Quote from: SpiderChrist on May 13, 2019, 12:03:39 PM
So, your objective in coming onto this forum and shitting all over it like a crow with amoebic dysentery is... what, exactly?

An attempt at tumescence.

Endicott

Quote from: SpiderChrist on May 13, 2019, 12:03:39 PM
So, your objective in coming onto this forum and shitting all over it like a crow with amoebic dysentery is... what, exactly?

It's to waste your time, and everyone else's time who was previously enjoying reading this thread. It's pretty successful too. Not just this thread either, all the politics threads are now fucked (alright, more fucked), until this pillock gets bored or banned. I suspect Baz thinks it's up to you people to show a bit of restraint.

imitationleather

Quote from: Endicott on May 13, 2019, 01:51:50 PM
It's to waste your time, and everyone else's time who was previously enjoying reading this thread. It's pretty successful too. Not just this thread either, all the politics threads are now fucked (alright, more fucked), until this pillock gets bored or banned. I suspect Baz thinks it's up to you people to show a bit of restraint.

The guy will disappear as soon as the European elections are done. I am guessing the most easily-trolled forum on the internet isn't going to tire of responding to his word salad before then.

Endicott

I know, my appeal is futile. It's completely ruining my ability to skive off work and that won't do.

Buelligan

We could all sing some Kate Bush songs to cheer ourselves up.  (You have to do the dance as well).

I am Wow-ing as I type this.

bgmnts

Dear Buelligan,

I am currently singing Kate Bush, as per your request.

All yours,
Babooshka

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on May 13, 2019, 12:12:24 PM
Watson and Starmer want to destroy Corbyn. Supporting a loser's vote or Remain (at this stage) is purely to make Labour under Corbyn perform so badly they feel they can then legitimately call time on JelyfishJez. The fact this needs explaining to supposed Labour supporters, let alone Corbyn supporters, illustrates just how deeply clueless they are.

Fuck off

Buelligan

That must be one of her later ones.

Howj Begg

One for Tommy and biggy

As the people here grow colder
I turn to my computer
And spend my evenings with it
Like a friend
I was loading a new program
I had ordered from a magazine
Are you lonely, are you lost?
This voice console is a must
I press Execute
Hello, I know that you've been feeling tired
I bring you love and deeper understanding
Hello, I know that you're unhappy
Well I've never felt such pleasure
Nothing else seemed to matter
I neglected my bodily needs
I did not eat, I did not sleep
The intensity increasing
'Til my family found me and intervened
But I was lonely, I was lost
Without my little black box
I pick up the phone and go Execute
Hello, I know that you've been feeling tired
Hello, I know that you're unhappy
I turn to my computer like a friend
I need deeper understanding
Give me deeper understanding

biggytitbo

Is that the original or the inferior remake?

Howj Begg

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 13, 2019, 02:40:20 PM
Is that the original or the inferior remake?

Well, the original and the inferior remake are both just as shit and annoying, so it's dedicated to both of them.

biggytitbo

Lament for remain:
All young gentle dreams drowning
In life's grief
Can you hang on to me?

I want a full report
That's it
What do you mean, "That's it?"
That's all you get
You'd better do something about it
What am I supposed to do about it?
We don't know, but you can't run away from it
Maybe you'd better face it
I can't do that
Come on, face it
I can't do that
Come on, come on, face it
What am I gonna do?
It is gonna hurt, it is gonna hurt me bad?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Howj Begg on May 13, 2019, 02:41:37 PM
Well, the original and the inferior remake are both just as shit and annoying, so it's dedicated to both of them.

First song written about the internet mate.

Howj Begg

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 13, 2019, 02:47:02 PM

First song written about the internet mate.

It's a great song. Reread.

If Labour drop another 6%, UB40 are doing a remix

I am the 1 in 10
I'm reading Labour List
I am the 1 in 10
Outside London don't exist
Nobody knows less than me
Even though I'm always here
Hysterical Remainer
Re-breathing in the same stale air

jobotic

Love it when the right try and do humour.

Lee Hurst mate.

SpiderChrist

Jesus, how fucking sad is that? I'd feel sorry for him if he wasn't such a massive arsehole. I shall refrain from engaging forthwith.

Ferris

Distraught to have missed the discussion on Canadian politics.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on May 13, 2019, 02:53:50 PM
If Labour drop another 6%, UB40 are doing a remix

I am the 1 in 10
I'm reading Labour List
I am the 1 in 10
Outside London don't exist
Nobody knows less than me
Even though I'm always here
Hysterical Remainer
Re-breathing in the same stale air

Fuck off

Sin Agog

Isn't it Barry's policy to uphold previous bans?  I don't care what proxy he's using on his IP, he's clearly the same bloke as all the other times, and if their careers were cut short with a ban, then his should be straight out of the gate.  There are brief spells between the emergence of this conversational black hole when politics-talk on here can leave me genuinely inspired.  Gout-pony and the like.

Go on then. What's "genuinely inspired" you? No, please. Any examples more than welcome. It's always good to be inspired, especially genuinely so, so I imagine you'll be gayly forthcoming.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 13, 2019, 03:45:32 PM
Fuck off

State of. You genuinely inspired too Bubbsy?

Buelligan

Genuinely inspired by Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell.  I thought Thatcher, then Blair, had killed off humanity in politics.  Then came Corbyn, he brought back hope, a genuine belief that it might just be possible to create a country, a continent, a world, where people are cared for and life is good for everyone. 

I feel more inspired by that hope than any money, power or possession, any freedom or puissance could ever make me.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on May 13, 2019, 04:18:31 PM
Go on then. What's "genuinely inspired" you? No, please. Any examples more than welcome. It's always good to be inspired, especially genuinely so, so I imagine you'll be gayly forthcoming.

State of. You genuinely inspired too Bubbsy?

Fuck off

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 13, 2019, 03:49:40 PM
Isn't it Barry's policy to uphold previous bans?  I don't care what proxy he's using on his IP, he's clearly the same bloke as all the other times, and if their careers were cut short with a ban, then his should be straight out of the gate.  There are brief spells between the emergence of this conversational black hole when politics-talk on here can leave me genuinely inspired.  Gout-pony and the like.

Single issue campaigning is equivalent to selling.

Content on nothing except one narrow topic is single issue campaigning.

Ban

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 11, 2019, 06:39:29 PM
You know what the absolute worst thing about Nigel Farage is? The fact mainstream politics abandoned the absolute fucking basic concept of upholding democracy to such a man. He is the weeping sore on the anus we all deserve, for allowing that to happen.

Am I to understand you no longer plan to vote for him then?

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on May 11, 2019, 07:29:18 PM
It's getting like a swear box. Everytime you call a brexit supporter a racist, another vote for Farage.

Citation needed.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Mainstream politics wasn't sure what of the many possible forms of Brexit the binary referendum result indicated.

That's Cameron's fault.

No-one has ever successfully argued that the vote specifically meant anything beyond one form of leaving the EU, of which there are several.

Typically biggy thinks his one is The One. How cute.

Dr Rock

Yeah I don't think they're excited about voting for Farage because people say they're racists, even if that annoys them a lot, they want Brexit to happen like what they voted for, plus Farage has a hypnotic trance on them. Wouldn't matter if nobody had ever called them racists.