Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:58:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Life On Mars Sequel Coming

Started by Malcy, March 31, 2020, 02:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natnar

I wonder if they'd have Molly, Alex's daughter in the new series? She'd be in her mid-20's now.

olliebean

Quote from: Cloud on August 27, 2020, 01:09:36 PMWatched the first episode of the American one and couldn't see the point. Exactly the same thing but with a yank.  I don't know why they can't just appreciate British TV shows for what they are and have to Americanise them - mind, we seem to have done the same with Law and Order.

They went in a somewhat different direction for the ending...

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Natnar on August 27, 2020, 07:50:02 PM
I wonder if they'd have Molly, Alex's daughter in the new series? She'd be in her mid-20's now.

"Sir, please may I have sex with this 12 year old girl, now that she's 23"

Quote from: olliebean on August 27, 2020, 09:04:49 PM
They went in a somewhat different direction for the ending...

Individual episodes of the US were solid, the lead actor was so Simm but reminiscent of say, Lt Crocker in Kojak, but its ending ... yessssh

Also, I like that its been remade in a number of other countries

Spain - La Chica de Ayer
Russia - The Dark Side of the Moon
Czech Republic - Svět pod hlavou
South Korea - Life on Mars

In all of these, the 1970s is going to be far more different than in the UK version and even the US one, so I can see them being quite effective.

"Is it Gene Hunt? Is he kicking in a nonce?"

Rewatched Life on Mars during lockdown. Great stuff.

My genuinely favourite Easter Egg of Ashes to Ashes was the very last scene.

Lovely.

jamiefairlie

LOM was fabulous but AtoA was ruined by all the 'shipping shite that went on. I also thought the ending was too obvious and the devil hissing was embarrassing. I always thought a twist by having the devil guy actually be a goodie who was helping them get out of the limbo that Hunt had created (But had mostly forgotten about) would have been better.

Cloud

Yeah the shipping did get tedious at times.  But it did lead to that epic betrayal reveal that most of the shit that had gone wrong for like an entire series was down to Chris wanting to get her some proper engagement bling.

petril

I liked both series

However, in between LOM and ATA I found Top Buzzer, and now I can't get the full effect of Jim Keats, because I know that's just that prick Carlton

Blofelds Cat

"Lazarus"?

Another Bowie title...

Malcy

Still hopeful for this. Simm always seems so positive about it when he's asked about it too.

mothman

Obviously this is the 90s vibe they should be aiming for.