Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:51:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mippy

Sorry am drunk on novelty stout

monkfromhavana

Don't think I've ever liked Robertson, but can't quite put my finger on why. Maybe something of the permanent teenage huff about him.

Galeee

Another vote for the Bubbles version of Robbo here.

Ronnie actually looking half-decent against a fellow top 16 player here. Not that either of them are playing like they're in the top 16.

Robbo will batter him in the final though. And Robbo's fine by me - agreeing with AIDS's comments is very different to actually making them minutes after being beaten by an amateur. He put his bad form a few seasons ago down to staying up too late playing computer games, which your average CaBber should be able to sympathise with.

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on December 18, 2021, 08:42:08 PMRonnie actually looking half-decent against a fellow top 16 player here. Not that either of them are playing like they're in the top 16.

Heh.

"I was back to the usual standard today, awful. I stunk the gaffe out again. We both stunk it out. I felt sorry for Stuart. We looked like a couple of old pub players. It was really embarrassing. Sorry about that."

druss

They were both pretty shit, Bingham was just shitter. Robertson will annihilate him today if he plays like that again.

You can get odds of 5/6 for Robbo to win today (or 11/10 with a -1.5 handicap). I don't gamble, but anyone who's seen Ronnie play in the last 12 months will know that's easy money.

I'm predicting a 10-3 rout.

4-4 at the break with Ronnie getting the two snookers required to level it in the final frame of the session.

I thought this would be comfortable for Robbo. I'm delighted to be wrong. C'MON RONNIE.

shoulders

Ron will Higgins this, just give it a few frames.

The Crumb

Oof. Interesting match.

AzureSky

What's with ITV4's shit squashed snooker table default view? Awful.

Blue Jam

druss

I think if it goes to a decider then Robbo will come through, long time since Ronnie has won a title and keeps fucking up in finals.

sevendaughters

preferred NRobbo's interrim hairstyle, on careful reflection

druss

Good final, one of Ronnie's best wins, very rarely see him dig in like that when he's not on his A, B or C game.

Blue Jam

Robbo looking like he wants to chin Rob Walker here

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on December 19, 2021, 09:38:36 AMYou can get odds of 5/6 for Robbo to win today (or 11/10 with a -1.5 handicap). I don't gamble, but anyone who's seen Ronnie play in the last 12 months will know that's easy money.

Couldn't have been more wrong. No idea where that performance came from. Wonderful.

AzureSky

Ha! 'It's like 10 Downing St. in here.. No rules, mass spreading!"

Cuellar

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on December 19, 2021, 09:38:36 AMYou can get odds of 5/6 for Robbo to win today (or 11/10 with a -1.5 handicap). I don't gamble, but anyone who's seen Ronnie play in the last 12 months will know that's easy money.

I've lost everything

Quote from: Cuellar on December 19, 2021, 10:08:32 PMI've lost everything

Ronnie won though, so hopefully that balances things out.

It's been a great couple of months of snooker. Every final has gone the way I've wanted it to, and AIDS's UK Championships meltdown almost beats the time he asked for the curtain at the Crucible to be lifted so the whole theatre could see his 147... which he then immediately fucked up.

I couldn't care less about the Championship League, but in the new year it's the Masters and god I'm even looking forward to the Shootout.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on December 19, 2021, 09:44:51 PMCouldn't have been more wrong. No idea where that performance came from. Wonderful.

Lost me two quid, but I've only myself to blame.

Galeee

Glad to see a bit of a Ronnie revival and another title. If he had lost, I think he might have (too) hastily announced a retirement, having hinted about it the other day.

druss

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on December 19, 2021, 10:39:37 PMRonnie won though, so hopefully that balances things out.

It's been a great couple of months of snooker. Every final has gone the way I've wanted it to, and AIDS's UK Championships meltdown almost beats the time he asked for the curtain at the Crucible to be lifted so the whole theatre could see his 147... which he then immediately fucked up.

I couldn't care less about the Championship League, but in the new year it's the Masters and god I'm even looking forward to the Shootout.
Haha that was great, pure AIDS in every sense.

The Culture Bunker

Only tuned in for the evening session and when Robertson went 7-5 up, I thought O'Sullivan had taken a "eh, well, what can you do?" attitude. Obviously something clicked in his brain to make him suddenly decide to start potting again.

I have enjoyed the last few weeks of snooker - the UK Championships esp. Just a shame it wasn't two newer names in the final last night, as it makes it more interesting to the more casual viewer.

jobotic

Quote from: Dineen on December 19, 2021, 10:01:43 PMHa! 'It's like 10 Downing St. in here.. No rules, mass spreading!"

That Ronnie?

sevendaughters

first 4 vids I was like "oh that's just shit" and then by the 5th one I was ringing The Hague to see if they had a slot available for tomorrow