Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,330
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:37:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast 2: The Sequel

Started by Petey Pate, March 16, 2023, 12:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petey Pate

As all true movie buffs know, the first sequel of any franchise must contain the word '2', which is of upmost importance to organising a VHS collection.

For anyone new to the On Cinema-verse, this website features a chronological timeline of all the podcasts, video episodes, Oscar specials, related Tweets and spin-offs up until early 2020.

https://oncinematimeline.com/

Following the eleventh web series, Adult Swim dropped the show and since 2020, all new On Cinema-related media has been available on the fan-funded HEI Network website.

https://www.heinetwork.tv/

Last few posts from the old 100 page long thread:

Quote from: JamesTC on March 15, 2023, 04:41:50 PMGregg doesn't care about praise or adulation. He just cares about movies!

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on March 16, 2023, 12:57:12 AMNever expected Tim to retweet a video featuring Jim Davidson:

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1635927846295068673

Quote from: BritishHobo on March 16, 2023, 08:25:53 AMTim meeting the Gibbonses:

https://mobile.twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1636259738538131456

Quote from: Petey Pate on March 16, 2023, 12:08:25 PMThat's nice.

Just before I met Tim after the On Cinema live show in Soho circa 2017, he was being asked about British comedy and I overheard him saying that the Alan Partridge audiobooks were his favourite things in the Partridge canon. He also said he liked The League of Gentlemen.

QDRPHNC

If this thread moves at the same speed as the old one, we should be reaching 100 pages sometime around 2035.

JamesTC

Petey Pate

Quote from: QDRPHNC on March 16, 2023, 01:12:49 PMIf this thread moves at the same speed as the old one, we should be reaching 100 pages sometime around 2035.

Just in time for the 55th anniversary of Oh, God! Book II starring the great George Burns, run time 94 minutes.

chip

Ah damnit, I was hoping we would replace the old thread with a Heidecker General, for discussion of On Cinema, Office Hours and Tim's stand up (as well as any other old Tim projects, of which there are countless) in equal measure. Fucked that right up haven't I.

Not kept up at all with the HEI era of OC though, so I had no business keeping up with any of its recent thread pages.

Anyway, it's particularly confusing given the Two Tims UK tour kicks off tonight, more or less. If this thread permits any potential derailing (dunno if the last one did), anyone going to see him?

Petey Pate

Quote from: chip on March 16, 2023, 03:26:18 PMAh damnit, I was hoping we would replace the old thread with a Heidecker General, for discussion of On Cinema, Office Hours and Tim's stand up (as well as any other old Tim projects, of which there are countless) in equal measure. Fucked that right up haven't I.

Not kept up at all with the HEI era of OC though, so I had no business keeping up with any of its recent thread pages.

Anyway, it's particularly confusing given the Two Tims UK tour kicks off tonight, more or less. If this thread permits any potential derailing (dunno if the last one did), anyone going to see him?

Nobody wants to hear about that junk, it's all about the movies.

Seriously, the last thread did have some non-On Cinema Tim Heidecker chat, so it's probably fine.

chip

Quote from: Petey Pate on March 16, 2023, 04:36:05 PMNobody wants to hear about that junk, it's all about the movies.

Seriously, the last thread did have some non-On Cinema Tim Heidecker chat, so it's probably fine.

I just think the thread needs to be more about motorcycles and EDM. But yeah fair I suppose if I was that concerned I should just start a separate thread. I may do if I end up going.

QDRPHNC

After lots and lots of faffing, managed to download the Hei stuff, and I'm enjoying it a lot more on my TV than on my laptop balanced on my knee.

If anyone has any cloud storage going spare...

QDRPHNC

I've gone full nerd on this and am arranging every piece of OC I can find into a chronological running order (I know there were a couple of playlists online that do this already, but they stopped a few years ago).

Anyway, just creased up at this Gregg's line in Decker vs. Dracula: The Lost Works - "Now, I've been getting cards and letters, emails and letters, from fans all over the world who say, how can I help, what can we do? Bombarding Tim with hatemail is one step, but it's not working..."

Pink Gregory

Just got really caught by surprise by "Starring Colin Filth"

BlodwynPig

Working slowly through the Oscar Special. Glad to see the return of fan-fave (my favourite) Harry Gutowski's funk workout during the Pinocchio makeup bit just after 2 hours. I also enjoyed the incidental music after the lotto numbers draw before that one minute Hollywood segment.

QDRPHNC

DJ Bob Hoskins

That was in the Special, when Tim decided to 'help' with the Amato Lotto draw.

QDRPHNC

DJ Bob Hoskins

It was very brief. I pointed my camera at the telly while the lotto balls were flying all over the place just because I thought the image of Tim wrecking everything was hilarious, but at the time I didn't even register that Mr Amato had been trying to write the numbers down amidst the chaos. Fantastic stuff.

BlodwynPig

That is a different camera angle.

Just finished it...was it serendipitous that Tim (as Pinocchio) was consumed by his own lies as Brendan Fraser was announced as best actor in The Whale? Fantastic.

The ending was very surreal, but very much in an On Cinema way...The silhouette of Gregg as Tim melts down - was that a nod to something? Hitchcock? He has a very menacing silhouette.

The Amato's really came into their own in this.

JamesTC

All these dunces who aren't subscribed to the Hei network. Meanwhile I'm sitting here with 5000 Hei points.

Spoiler alert
PURE.
Spoiler alert
LITHIUM.
[close]
[close]

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: QDRPHNC on March 21, 2023, 08:55:45 PMAh, don't remember that shot.

Just thinking about it, I watched the stream after it was broadcast but before it was reposted in edited form (they cut the 30min countdown at the beginning and possibly shortened some of the breaks too). Not sure if they made any other edits while they were at it.

EDIT: I just checked and that shot is indeed there at 1:29:24. As you were.

QDRPHNC

QuoteIt's been one month since the 10th Annual On Cinema Oscar Special...

Thank you to all who joined us for a very special night dedicated to our beloved Movie Buff Gregg Turkington and the many wonders of cinema such as Pinocchio 3000, the Pep Boy Cinematic Universe, and the Amato Lotto.

If you are a HEI Monthly Member, you can now watch the Oscar Special as part of your subscription, no extra ticket needed!

For those that ordered our Oscar Special VIP Bundle: after making some inclusions from the latest show, the '10 Years of Oscar Fever' Programmes have been printed and are awaiting signature. We will begin our first wave of shipping soon! You should recieve shipping information at the time that your package goes out for delivery.

Watch the 10th Annual On Cinema Oscar Special for the first time or rewatch and take a drive down memory lane in the VFA Tour Van now only on your home for all things Movies, the HEI Network.

Pink Gregory

Finished the Adult Swim series and catching up with the Oscar specials, fuck me Dekkar makes me laugh so, so much.

It is *so* laser targeted at a kind of mid-life crisis LA rock mediocrity which is also so specific and irrelevant to the current time (apart from Johnny Depp palling around with everyone maybe?) that it's joyful silliness.  It's not remotely affectionate either and that just makes it seem more sincere.

weaseldust

the new vfa expert hollywood tour is fucking hilarious. i had to immediately go to reddit to find out if the participants were actors or not and turns out they weren't

reddit comment from one of the people who went on the tour

BlodwynPig

sadly, I turned off half-way through as it was dull. Most of the setup had been played out through the series. There was no subversion to that, just a long tour of boring ineptitude - much better in short form.

QDRPHNC

QuoteOwn a piece of On Cinema history! Actual chunks of the world's foremost movie expertise vehicle, Gregg Turkington's VFA Expert Tours Van, cut from the side of the vehicle before it was towed away to the scrapheap. Re-live the historic car accident with this grisly reminder of bad times best forgotten. The ultimate Movie collectable! Mounted on an exclusive souvenir card, numbered and initialed on the back by Movie Expert Gregg Turkington to guarantee authenticity. Only 269 pieces were retrieved.

JamesTC

Clips from the trial of Tim Heidecker are apparently going viral on TikTok by people who think it is real.

Chollis

I have the constitutional right to strike him if he disobeys me!