Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:40:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dead Mum

Started by SteveDave, November 12, 2022, 05:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

I've just discovered that my mother, who died of Covid in May 2020, didn't have Covid when she was put onto the Covid ward where she then got Covid.

She fell in the house in late March, went to hospital where she was diagnosed with a cracked hip. She was still in agony when sent home with bags of drugs and when she returned to the hospital it was discovered that she also had a cracked pelvis. She came home again and was acting mental (not recognising my sister and saying that my auntie was trapped in the downstairs toilet) so she went back to the hospital where a urinary infection was diagnosed.

We were told that she tested positive on one of the daily tests and she was moved to the Covid ward where, because of her high blood pressure medication, her fever couldn't be brought down. She was basically heavily sedated for the last 3 weeks of her life. My sister went to see her but she was out cold. I got to speak to her over the phone but there was no response back to my voice.

Over the last two and a half years I've come to terms with her not being around anymore, but finding out that she needn't have left in the first place is a punch to the guts I wasn't expecting. I've been swinging from numb to raging since I found out earlier this afternoon.

TL;DR- SteveDave was sad about his dead mum, but he's even sadder now.

Glebe

So sorry to hear it Steve. My Mam passed away the month before.

All Surrogate

What a horrible situation, SteveDave. You have my sympathies.

Crenners

Awful to hear, SteveDave. Hope you can feel better in time.

Dr Rock

I'm very sorry to hear this SteveDave. My dad caught c-diff in hospital and it nearly killed him. I don't know what to say, just that I hope you find peace eventually.