Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:57:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Really good album covers thread

Started by spaghetamine, July 21, 2023, 12:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaghetamine

Pauline Walnuts

spaghetamine

Devendra Banhart - Rejoicing in the Hands

lazyhour

Nice doodles, but you forgot to post Devendra's album cover!

Schlippy

Wholly the wrong thread for this, but didn't want to start a new one.

I am haunted by an album cover that I can't place and it's driving me mad. Two boys, maybe 8-10 years old, squatting by what looks like the side of the road. Both wearing shorts & tshirts, both looking at the camera, looks like somewhere hot. Don't think there's any writing. Underground funk / soul classic I think, probly South American, maybe Brazilian, maybe 70s - all of this could be wrong, apart from the two boys bit.

Know an album cover that fits the bill? Plz post it here!

Schlippy

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on January 09, 2024, 10:02:08 PMThis?

Milton Nascimento
Clube Da Esquina (1972)

https://musebycl.io/art-album/10-great-brazilian-album-covers-chosen-camila-cornelsen

Clatty you beautiful bastard, that's the one! Been driving me round the fucking bend, off to bang it on this very instant.

100% a contender for this thread 'n' all.

buttgammon

lazyhour

Don't know who this, just saw it online. Album's called Cyclorama.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Schlippy on January 09, 2024, 10:40:19 PMClatty you beautiful bastard, that's the one! Been driving me round the fucking bend, off to bang it on this very instant.

100% a contender for this thread 'n' all.

Astonishing album as well!

Famous Mortimer

"R Plus Seven" by Oneohtrix Point Never. Image taken from a bloody brilliant bit of experimental animation called "The Ravishment Of Frank N Stein" (or however the translation goes).

Egyptian Feast

I really like this new one from a band I've not heard but sound intriguing, The Men From S.P.E.C.T.R.E. Shame I couldn't find a picture without the obi strip.

The Mollusk

Schlippy

Sakura by Susumu Yokota:

Had this on earlier and had forgotten what a banger cover it's got:

And there were a few Sparks covers upthread but I didn't see this one:

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on January 09, 2024, 10:02:08 PMThis?

Milton Nascimento
Clube Da Esquina (1972)

https://musebycl.io/art-album/10-great-brazilian-album-covers-chosen-camila-cornelsen

A track from this was played at my friend's funeral yesterday. Graveside speakers as his coffin was lowered in to the ground.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: lazyhour on January 26, 2024, 10:39:32 AMDon't know who this, just saw it online. Album's called Cyclorama.

Polo & Pan, french "tropical house" duo

imitationleather

Thought I was in the Terrible Album Covers thread and was about to go spare at the choices on this page.