Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:13:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Songs You've Heard

Started by famethrowa, January 31, 2024, 01:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

famethrowa

I was driving along with the radio on the other day, and I heard most of "Banks Of The Ohio" by Olivia Newton-John.

Also I heard a few seconds of Supertramp on the telly tonight, can't remember if it was Dreamer or The Logical Song, but I definitely heard it!

Any songs you've heard lately?

Famous Mortimer

Just this moment heard "Jerusalem" by Emahoy Tsege Mariam Gebru, because I was listening to it. I realise now to my chagrin that the thread is titled "Songs you've heard", not "songs you've listened to" but I've gone too far into this post now to go back.

dontpaintyourteeth

yeah loads.  loads of songs mate.

Butchers Blind

I heard some songs this morning, and then again this afternoon. I like to go to sleep listening to songs too.

lauraxsynthesis

On the recommendation of another thread, I watched series 1 of Big Boys tonight and there was a rather nice song at the end of ep6, but I've no idea what it was.

Anyway, have this

Terence Bowl

Last evening while in my kitchen doing kitcheny things I thought I could hear Mark E Smith in my back garden singing one of The Fall's many hits.
But after finding the back door key and investigating further, it turned out to be a neighbours cat trying to cough up a hairball.

Do any other readers want to share their thinly veiled insults maligning dead people who can no longer defend themselves?

Egyptian Feast

I just heard a song whizzing past my window that sounded like the Smash robots on ket and I'll never know what it was. 😪

Ray Travez

Because I listen to 6 Music all day at work I've listened to Buffalo Stance five times already today.

dontpaintyourteeth

Ray Travez

badaids

I have heard 6, no 7, songs.

famethrowa

Just by chance I heard Rod Stewart doing Downtown Train and I really like that song, maybe even prefer Rod's to the original Tom.

Famous Mortimer

madhair60

crusher destroyer by Mastodon

Ray Travez

Oz Oz Alice

Quote from: famethrowa on February 01, 2024, 10:08:03 PMJust by chance I heard Rod Stewart doing Downtown Train and I really like that song, maybe even prefer Rod's to the original Tom.

I definitely, at times, prefer Tom Stewart's version of Ramrod Jane. It was a dark time in my life but as the old saying goes Rod Waites for now, man.

tom_exorcisto

Not previously heard songs but on Monday I went to see Jacqui McShee and Kevin Dempsey at Croydon Folk Club. Very pleasantly surprised.

The Mollusk

Quote from: madhair60 on February 01, 2024, 11:31:40 PMcrusher destroyer by Mastodon

You didn't hear that. You just saw a T-rex and then had 2 minutes of uncomfortable bowel movements.

boki