Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,782
  • Total Topics: 106,776
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:08:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Untrue wireless earbuds

Started by Milo, February 11, 2024, 06:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Hello music listeners.

I am seeking advice on wireless earbuds for a category I'm not sure exists any more. For about five years I've had these as my bluetooth earphones:

They were about £20 and have served me well. Following a recent soaking the right-hand bud has stopped working and I've been trying to find a replacement but this type don't seem to exist any more.

Everything is 'true wireless'. I've tried these before and found them a nuisance. You can't put them in or out with one hand, you can't stuff them into your pocket cos there's a stupid little case, you can't pop them out to hang round your neck when you go into a shop and one might fall out into a drain at any moment.

Anybody know if there's a secret search term to locate a set of this type of earphones to purchase or another way I might acquire some?

Many thanks in advance.

Milo

Oh! That was easy. All I'd found were ones with a big neck band or an ear hook that would interfere with spectacles. They look ideal, thanks.

flotemysost

I have a set of these from JLab (wasn't specifically in the market for this type - I just bought them in a rush from a supermarket when I'd managed to misplace my usual over-ear ones, and couldn't find any wired ones with a C-type jack that'd fit my Samsung phone).

Looks like they still do 'em, they're called JBuds Pro Signature Wireless Earbuds - on sale on the JLab website as it happens, if you're not an Amazon user. I personally find the way the little mic bit whacks you in the chin all the time pretty annoying, however I've now managed to lose these ones as well so it's all good.

Edit: ah ok that's literally what's in the link above

chutnut

I'm quite tempted to get some like that as well tbh, I use wireless ones and agree with pretty much all the complaints. Is the sound any good? Can't imagine it's that great for how cheap they are

famethrowa

someone's written rude graffiti on your headphones mate

Milo

Quote from: chutnut on February 13, 2024, 10:37:48 AMI'm quite tempted to get some like that as well tbh, I use wireless ones and agree with pretty much all the complaints. Is the sound any good? Can't imagine it's that great for how cheap they are

I actually went for these in the end:

https://amzn.eu/d/eotGvNr

from the 'other people bought' bit as they support aptX and it wasn't very clear if the jlabs had magnets to hold them together round the neck. I doubt the HD audio codec support will make much difference but I did definitely want the magnets.

mrpupkin

I have some like these but they are Beats Flex because I am a stupid piece of shit and a cunt from hell. In my defence they were cheap b-stock and are actually fine.

Gambrinus

SoundPEATS Bluetooth Earphones IPX5 Sweatproof, Built-in Mic in Ear Earbuds, Lightweight Sport Magnetic Bluetooth Headphones(HiFi Stereo Sound, 7 Hours Playing Time)-Bright Black https://amzn.eu/d/hzOGCk0

I've been using those since 2020 and only replaced them when I managed to lose them last year.

Toki

Earbud anker!

Edit - Appreciate the thread though, I'm in the demographic.

Minami Minegishi

Yeah, growing a bit sick of having to buy dongles to connect my headphone to my phone.

Milo

Quote from: Gambrinus on February 13, 2024, 03:53:53 PMSoundPEATS Bluetooth Earphones IPX5 Sweatproof, Built-in Mic in Ear Earbuds, Lightweight Sport Magnetic Bluetooth Headphones(HiFi Stereo Sound, 7 Hours Playing Time)-Bright Black https://amzn.eu/d/hzOGCk0

I've been using those since 2020 and only replaced them when I managed to lose them last year.

I think the ones I've ordered are an updated version of those so that sounds promising. Hard to tell, there's quite a few variations of them by Soundpeats and different sellers.

Been put off Soundpeats in the past because I can't come up with a good explanation for their name.

Milo

My untrue wirelesses arrived and I'm extremely happy with them. Slightly bassier by default than I'd like, but very slightly, and lots of detail and range in music. Not a big audio buff so I can't really evaluate them properly but I don't think anyone would have anything to complain about with these for less than thirty quid.

They're better than what they've replaced at any rate.

Edit to add: the controls bit is a little on the big side and less refined than the Anker one as a minor complaint.