Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:39:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

5A 5A 5APE?

Started by falafel, November 29, 2020, 07:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's our theme (only vote if you're participating, check thread for details)?

Soundtrack a feature-length film (each participant gets a segment)
1 (4.3%)
Soundtrack a series / set of short films or cartoons (one per participant)
0 (0%)
Radio times listings
7 (30.4%)
Voynich Manuscript
1 (4.3%)
Garden of Earthly Delights
9 (39.1%)
COVID HAUNTOLOGY
5 (21.7%)
Derke: Music Inspired by TV's 'Derek'
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

gabrielconroy

Quote from: new page cuntThat would restrict joining in to those that understood what you meant. Like me suggesting we do a microtonal album in just intonation using scales up to the 11-limit.

The simple answer would be to set a time limit and make it a race. Make the theme "speed" (but allow slow tempos).

Alright, fair enough. I don't know how well I understand all the different time signatures on an intellectual level, but once it's all layed out in a DAW and I can play around with it, it becomes pretty obvious.

Your idea works better for getting. stuff. done. Just say there are 10 slots up for grabs, first 10 to send in their track get on the album.

NoSleep

Quote from: gabrielconroy on December 03, 2023, 01:56:23 AMYour idea works better for getting. stuff. done. Just say there are 10 slots up for grabs, first 10 to send in their track get on the album.

If you look back in this thread, you'll find my speed idea was imposed on the current production and look what happened.
The fastest album we've done is the xmas one.

gabrielconroy

Quote from: NoSleep on December 03, 2023, 10:15:06 AMIf you look back in this thread, you'll find my speed idea was imposed on the current production and look what happened.
The fastest album we've done is the xmas one.

Guess it's time for another Christmas album in that case!

NoSleep

Slight delay at the moment due to workload. Will be back on it by the end of the week, if not before.

NoSleep

Work has been a bit hectic; just concluding it and getting right on the completion of the album. Been a bit of a personal rollercoaster for me over the holiday period (in a good way).

gabrielconroy

Quote from: NoSleep on January 12, 2024, 04:16:03 PMBeen a bit of a personal rollercoaster for me over the holiday period (in a good way).

Glad to hear it!

gabrielconroy

*incidental music plays*

NoSleep

It has been fucking busy since xmas. Life has also been distracting. Patience for a little longer.