Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:23:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CRISPS, tho'

Started by the science eel, April 25, 2016, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the science eel

I love crisps but hardly ever eat them. Not sure why.

I read somewhere that prawn cocktail crisps get their flavour from some phosphorus compound! Isn't that wonderful?

Worcester sauce crisps are my favourite.

You can talk about Doritos and Wotsits and all of those things too if you want.

Replies From View

They don't even sell crisps anymore

checkoutgirl

These days, if you buy crisps you get arrested and thrown in jail.

Jockice

Prawn cocktail crisps. Worcester Sauce Crisps. Doritos. Three of my least favourite things on earth. Wotsits are okay though.

I eat crisps every single day. Seabrook cheese and onion are the best but I haven't got any at the moment so have had some Walkers. A bag of cheese and onion and a bag of salt and vinegar. Eaten at the same time but not together. That's just silly.

biggytitbo

What's the definition of a crisp?

Blumf

Pizza Hut do these now:

Like completely half arsed nachos.

the science eel

Quote from: Jockice on April 25, 2016, 08:25:52 PM
I eat crisps every single day. Seabrook cheese and onion are the best but I haven't got any at the moment so have had some Walkers. A bag of cheese and onion and a bag of salt and vinegar. Eaten at the same time but not together. That's just silly.

What's silly is how they got the colours mixed up. GREEN for cheese and onion, BLUE for salt and vinegar, as every schoolboy knows. But not Walkers, oh no. Fucking arseholes.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 25, 2016, 08:26:03 PM
What's the definition of a crisp?

An extremely crispy thin potato slice in a bag.

thraxx

Quote from: the science eel on April 25, 2016, 08:29:31 PM
What's silly is how they got the colours mixed up. GREEN for cheese and onion, BLUE for salt and vinegar, as every schoolboy knows. But not Walkers, oh no. Fucking arseholes.

THE ARROGANCE OF WALKERS

checkoutgirl

I had some Walkers Extreme Paprika crisps today. They were alright but not great. I'm fond of the onion ring and the cheese poof, any crisp or corn snack really. Except maybe pickled onion corn snacks which I'm not mad about but will eat if there's no other option.

checkoutgirl

I did an extensive post about that self same subject a few years ago incorporating many pictures of salt 'n' vinegar bags of all varieties, all blue of course. Blue is the colour of salt 'n' vinegar.

Replies From View

Quote from: checkoutgirl on April 25, 2016, 08:29:44 PM
An extremely crispy thin potato slice in a bag.

Just one per bag?

What have I been eating, then?

biggytitbo

If it's only one crisp then I'd expect it to be extremely large to compensate.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 25, 2016, 08:40:19 PM
If it's only one crisp then I'd expect it to be extremely large to compensate.

To compensate for what?

Brundle-Fly

I really do miss this long discontinued flavour of Wotsits.

The 1970's swimming pool vending machine maize based snack of choice.
Like all old skool, Wotsits, if you were lucky, you'd have purchased a mutant packet with those great, moist, glowing gobules of pure concentrated MSG at the bottom of the bag. Like chewing on a damp OXO cube. Bliss. Wouldn't get that with the new *spit* baked recipe.

You can have that for the next tour, Peter.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Replies From View on April 25, 2016, 08:48:24 PM
To compensate for what?

Compensate for the fact I only have one crisp, Ken.

the science eel

Quote from: checkoutgirl on April 25, 2016, 08:33:48 PM
I did an extensive post about that self same subject a few years ago incorporating many pictures of salt 'n' vinegar bags of all varieties, all blue of course. Blue is the colour of salt 'n' vinegar.

It's logical, isn't it? The sheer fuckin balls on Walkers!

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on April 25, 2016, 08:50:28 PM

Like all old skool, Wotsits, if you were lucky, you'd have purchased a mutant packet with those great, moist, glowing gobules of pure concentrated MSG at the bottom of the bag. Like chewing on a damp OXO cube. Bliss. Wouldn't get that with the new *spit* baked recipe.

YEEEESSSSSS

and remember those potato puffs, or whatever they were called? Burtons, or something. Except they weren't really puffs, more like short tubes. But really nice. Especially the beef ones.

Jockice

I agree totally. But what can I do? And you get Walkers everywhere nowadays. When I was a kid you couldn't get them in Scotland or Cumbria where I lived before moving to Yorkshire. I bought some Golden Wonder cheese and onion last week though. Green bag. As it should be.

Jockice

Nonsense. Rancheros were THE after-swim snack. They sure taste like bacon.

Dr Rock

I can't remember who it was, but someone did a short film or something trying to get someone from Walkers to explain why they had the brass neck to have their salt 'n' vinegar crisps in a green bag while everyone else agreed blue was appropriate, and do you know what the man from Walker's said? Nothing, he just ran him over in a big posh car!!

amnesiac

tell you what though the state of McCoys these days! I remember when they used to be thick! THICK AS A MAN COCK now they're these horrible weedy girl crisp thanks to the Euro! NO THANK YOU CAMERON

the science eel

Quote from: Jockice on April 25, 2016, 08:57:28 PM

I agree totally. But what can I do? And you get Walkers everywhere nowadays. When I was a kid you couldn't get them in Scotland or Cumbria where I lived before moving to Yorkshire. I bought some Golden Wonder cheese and onion last week though. Green bag. As it should be.

Cumbria, eh? Where in Cumbria?

poo

One of the best things I did was wrap my foreskin around a wotsit so it was holding the wotsit and walk into a room where my mates were with my cock out and say would anyone like a crisp. We still laugh about that now we do, me and the lads.

Gulftastic

Straight cut Seabrooks cheese 'n' onion were the daddy. Especially when they didn't have foil bags like Walkers, presumably to keep costs down. They used to pretend it was for other reasons by putting 'SEE WHAT YOU ARE BUYING!' on the packet.

Also, in my teen years, I was a big fan of 'Wheelz', especially the 'mexican spice' flavour. Massive bags. I used to buy one nearly every dinner time.

grassbath

Tyrrell's mixed root vegetable crisps are nice but a waste of money.

Is my thought on crisps.

Jockice

Quote from: the science eel on April 25, 2016, 09:17:01 PM
Cumbria, eh? Where in Cumbria?

Carlisle. My sister and niece still live there.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on April 25, 2016, 08:50:59 PM
Compensate for the fact I only have one crisp, Ken.

If you don't use your crisps as umbrellas why would a massive one be good.

the science eel

Quote from: Jockice on April 25, 2016, 09:55:09 PM
Carlisle. My sister and niece still live there.

Nice place. I'm a Whitehaven marra.

Replies From View

What gets me is that there are people posting on this very forum who aren't even old enough to remember crisp packets with real plastic windows.  They've only ever known foil wrappers.

I'm blaming youth but they're most likely stupid as well.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Jockice on April 25, 2016, 08:25:52 PM
A bag of cheese and onion and a bag of salt and vinegar. Eaten at the same time but not together. That's just silly.