Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:00:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CRISPS, tho'

Started by the science eel, April 25, 2016, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Mark my words:  crisps designed to taste like Wham chew bars and Refreshers are only just around the corner.

shiftwork2

I'd like to add my name the growing list of those outraged by cucumber sandwich crisps.  I couldn't finish the crisp, let alone the bag.  And that's not hyperbole.

I'd also like state for the record that this isn't part of the Britain First boycott of Lineker-endorsed products.  I, for one, am looking forward to our Kristallnacht and eventually building gas chambers for migrants.  So it's nothing to do with that, just that the crisps are horrible.  Rancid.

Bhazor

These are great. Everything else is shit. Just shit.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

They are like burping up some sick but in the process being reminded that, among the bile and chunks it tastes oddly acceptable.

Blumf

Quote from: Bhazor on October 23, 2016, 11:30:13 PM

These are great. Everything else is shit. Just shit.

I too have a 'habit' with that flavour. Worse still the bastard supermarket didn't have any on the selves today so I'm jonesing bad.

Thursday

I like that McCoys do CHARGRILLED chicken flavour.

"No, we don't do roasted chicken like those twats at Walkers. Fucking CHARGRILLED mate. Clearly, clearly if you're going to do a chicken flavoured crisps you obviously want it to be CHARGRILLED, unless you're a fucking idiot"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

And after you've had their immense thai chicken flavour crisps you won't go back to the chargrilled chicken anyway.

thenoise

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 23, 2016, 04:32:43 PM
Crisps for Cunts

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/the-world-s-most-expensive-crisps-a7371291.html
Swedish crisps, that look suspiciously like Paprika flavoured Pringles from where I'm sitting.  I wouldn't buy them for 46p.

pancreas

Replies From View

The restaurant should be called "Rispcrisps".

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: thenoise on October 24, 2016, 01:16:52 AM

Yeah, them. They do a lemon chicken one and clearly they are designed to be eaten together, imagine that delicious flavour and multiply it by some arbitrary amount.

Currently I'm on the special offer merry go round as Tesco are alternating half price on big bags of Kettle Chips or Tyrells. The latter cheese and chive starts off OK but becomes a bit bland whereas the bright yellow Kettle cheese and onion monstrosity, I could eat several giant packs and have to tell myself to stop.

pancreas

Vodka Margarine

Anyone had a bash at these? The 'very hot' ones are indeed very hot and seem to be somewhere between about one in ten and one in fifteen. Or between one in twenty two and one in thirty eight, if like me you managed to crush half the sodding packet before opening. Good fun. I think they're meant for people with lots of well fun mates.

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

Only tried one bag of Roulette because they seem to be hard to come across. Pretty tasty. The hot ones didn't seem that much hotter than Chilli Heatwave, although that didn't stop someone trying to get them banned because it gave her daughter an asthma attack.

To go back to the new almost entirely crap new Walkers range, I'm now addicted to the only flavour I liked in the first place, Bacon and Heinz Ketchup. I'll be sorry to see it go.

Flatulent Fox

Righto.

Nick nacks sour creme and chive is the rolls royce of snacking as far as I'm concerned.The rotten bastards stopped selling them now though.

These are not nick nacks.

Poor show Golden wonder.Poor show.

Also they didn't respond to my emails about my excellent idea : GIANT nick nacks.Multiple layer of nick nack/flavor/nick nack/flavor.Maybe four or five in a bag?
Rib 'n' saucy are pretty good though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Rib n Saucy

Almost a lost classic

Almost

Dirty but great

Replies From View

Quote from: Flatulent Fox on November 03, 2016, 05:59:44 PM
These are not nick nacks.

Do they mean that the biscuits are coated in strawberry flavouring?  In that case it should be "Strawberry Flavouring Coated Biscuits".

They might otherwise mean "Strawberry Flavoured Coating Biscuits" - ie the biscuits are 'coating biscuits', like some chocolate is 'drinking chocolate'.

Other than that, dunno.  They look shit, like all yank products.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 03, 2016, 08:31:02 PM
Rib n Saucy

Almost a lost classic

Almost

Dirty but great

Used to be amazing, but their flavour strength has gone way down to just a light dusting. 15 years ago you could eat a pack then eat a whole raw onion and still get Rib n Saucy flavored burps.

Cloud

Currently eating a cheese, cucumber, cheese cucumber and salad cream sandwich crisps, and salad cream sandwich.

I call it a cheesecucumbersaladcreamsandwichception, and it is good.

Replies From View

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on November 04, 2016, 09:23:06 AM
Used to be amazing, but their flavour strength has gone way down to just a light dusting. 15 years ago you could eat a pack then eat a whole raw onion and still get Rib n Saucy flavored burps.

Ribena and Saucy more like.

Bazooka

The majority of sweet chilli/barbeque/thai/tomato flavour crips etc are so sweet they should only be eaten as a dessert. Tyrrells sea salt and cider or balsamic vinegar crips have more sugar in than a bloody trifle. Get lost, and I have a really sweet tooth.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

I'd just about given up on Salt 'n' Vinegar, what with the Walkers version becoming horribly astringent, and the Kettle and Tyrell's type starting to hurt my probably diseased gums, but I've just tried these from Aldi.

Works out at around 15p a packet, but they're bloody gorgeous, the perfect chip-shop flavour.

Blumf

Bazooka

Quote from: Ptolemy Ptarmigan on December 06, 2016, 02:15:17 AM
I'd just about given up on Salt 'n' Vinegar, what with the Walkers version becoming horribly astringent, and the Kettle and Tyrell's type starting to hurt my probably diseased gums, but I've just tried these from Aldi.

Works out at around 15p a packet, but they're bloody gorgeous, the perfect chip-shop flavour.

Tyrells and Kettles are pathetic now a days, unless it is cheese/cheddar and onion or black pepper. Discos, Co-op wipe the floor with them when it comes to salt n vinegar.

non capisco

Co-Op's salt and vinegar crisps are absolutely bloody lethal. The 'salt' part should be in capital letters and there should be a drawing of a man clutching his chest and trying to mouth 'ambulance' on the front.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

They're delicious.

Big crisp news - Tesco have just developed a masterpiece. Limited Edition so get out there and bulk buy these.

Beef Steak and Spiced Mustard.

I find most steak or beef crisps dull at best, tasting of arse sweat and cigs at worst. I don't give over to hyperbole about this flavour easily but it's fucking brilliant.

The first such crisps to actually have a lingering steak flavour but what makes them is the spiced mustard. Brilliantly well balanced and a hint sweet. Try stopping yourself eating the fucking lot. Try. It's fucking impossible.

Best thing is = thick crinkle cut so these are luxurious and satisfying.

They have done a pigs in blankets flavour as well.

Anyone else very partial to prawn cocktail and Worcester sauce?

the science eel

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 09, 2016, 12:14:43 PM
They're delicious.

Big crisp news - Tesco have just developed a masterpiece. Limited Edition so get out there and bulk buy these.

Beef Steak and Spiced Mustard.

I find most steak or beef crisps dull at best, tasting of arse sweat and cigs at worst. I don't give over to hyperbole about this flavour easily but it's fucking brilliant.

The first such crisps to actually have a lingering steak flavour but what makes them is the spiced mustard. Brilliantly well balanced and a hint sweet. Try stopping yourself eating the fucking lot. Try. It's fucking impossible.

Best thing is = thick crinkle cut so these are luxurious and satisfying.

They have done a pigs in blankets flavour as well.

Good lad. Off there now.