Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:25:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CRISPS, tho'

Started by the science eel, April 25, 2016, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyTree

I lamented the demise of McCoy's cheese and jalapeno and had been in a kind of crisp limbo since then. But a few weeks ago the supermarkets suddenly started buying these in:

Just spicy enough to leave a tingle. This + a garlic dip and I need never cook again.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on December 15, 2016, 12:27:05 PM
Roysters southern fried chicken flavour

You fuckin what

Get me the crisp archive so that I can track these down

Dex Sawash

Saw these yesterday, would not bang

New Jack

Gave up crisps. It's hard but I've conned myself into the logical conclusion that they are pointless to eat.

Gave up sugar too. Been a month. I'm lucid, energetic, and annoying. Fructose is allowed, I'm not mad. 

I don't drink tea or coffee anyway, so I'm further narrowing my avenues of smalltalk and fuelling rumours I'm an alien.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What are you trying to achieve?

Also isn't fructose the worst one?

New Jack

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 20, 2016, 05:27:07 AM
What are you trying to achieve?

Also isn't fructose the worst one?

Happiness

No

Where's the fruit thread,  and don't link to Social Injustice

Replies From View

Quote from: Dex Sawash on December 20, 2016, 02:58:47 AM
Saw these yesterday, would not bang

They aren't even biscuits, those.  And that isn't gravy either.

There is something actually wrong with this world.

mrpupkin

Long time crisp reader first time crisp writer here, huge fan of the black pepper flavoured crisp. Kettle Chips and Marks and Spencer are the big horses in this race as far as I'm concerned - the Kettles are firmer with more sting to the pepper while the Marks are flakier and slightly milder so depends what mood/shop I'm in really. Can anyone recommend another black pepper crisp to take on these horses?

Replies From View

Scones & Cream of Mushroom Soup Flavour Potato Crisps.

New Jack

What kind of person eats those packs of only plain Square crisps?

If you have to buy a crisp named after what you are, there you go. That's why I used to love Frazzles

ASFTSN

New Jack your brief posts in this thread remind me of Kevin Eldon's character talking to Sean Lock about what he misses from when he used to smoke cigarettes in Fifteen Storeys High. 'Ware this thread if you want to sty away from crisps!

And S+V Squares are actually really good if one doesn't want to commit to the delectable 5 hour flavour hum from a pack of McCoys.

boki

Lads[nb]and birdlads[/nb], I've just had a packet of these fancy garlic and rosemary flavoured parsnip crisps that Aldi do and OH MAH GAWD you just gotta.  100g pack, just smashed down like it wasn't there.  I want more.

Replies From View

I was just thinking then about how great a snack would be that was built from baked guano pieces instead of maize or potato.  They could be flavoured with exactly the same flavours as ordinary maize and potato snacks, don't worry.