Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:25:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I hear you're a pest now, Noel Clarke?

Started by Custard, April 29, 2021, 09:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

BBC News - Bafta suspends Noel Clarke over harassment claims
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56937479

He's denying any wrongdoing, yet apparently 20 women have come forward

bgmnts

20 is a bit dubious.

If it were 21 women i'd be more inclined to believe it tbh.

mothman

I wonder if, when he goes into Starbucks and orders a coffee, they ask him his name to write on the cup, he says "Noel Clarke" and they write CARKE?

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: bgmnts on April 29, 2021, 09:52:30 PM
20 is a bit dubious.

If it were 21 women i'd be more inclined to believe it tbh.

Making it up for fabulous cash prizes, no doubt.

JamesTC

M-CORP

Just logged on to say 'Mickey the idiot' and then fuck off again.

Pretty pissed off with this though - I always say 'innocent until proven guilty' - this is a newspaper article after all... but 20 accusers? And the article's very detailed. Plus the lawyer defences are exactly the sort of thing you'd expect to hear if there was stuff to hide. This doesn't sound very encouraging. Seriously, one of the characters from Doctor Who that I loved as a child. I've had better ends to the day.

Anyway, I shall now say 'Mickey the idiot' and then fuck off again.

M-CORP

QuoteBefore hanging up, Clarke said he would apologise to any women he may have made sexually inappropriate remarks about. "If a bunch of people go: he commented on my bum, or he mentioned my tits, it's like– why do you need to take it this far?" said Clarke. "I'll just say sorry to you. Tell me and I'll be like: I'm so sorry. You're right, I said that, I was wrong."

OR EVEN BETTER DON'T DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE EVEN IF IT WAS THE DARK AGE OF 2015 YOU STUPID  FKSFKAS JG. KSJ A

That's how you write forum posts, isn't it? New to this.

Alberon

One, maybe two accusers and you can go the 'innocent until proven guilty' route, but with 20 it becomes far more difficult. That's a constant pattern of offending. And, yeah, I bet the Guardian's lawyers have been all over this before publishing.

He's worked hard at his career and, professionally at least, he deserved the BAFTA recognition, but he can't blame anyone other than himself that it led directly to this apparently career-ending conclusion.

But it is a little bit staggering to me that this far into the #MeToo era there's still plenty of men who are still getting away with it.

up_the_hampipe

British celebs might finally be getting their #MeToo wave. A lot of people really dodged a bullet in 2017/18. Might be in for some shockers, although we're probably all quite numb at this point.

bgmnts

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 29, 2021, 10:46:48 PM
British celebs might finally be getting their #MeToo wave. A lot of people really dodged a bullet in 2017/18. Might be in for some shockers, although we're probably all quite numb at this point.

Gary Lineker
Martin Freeman
Rich Herring
Johnny Vegas
and Peter Stringfellow posthumously

mothman

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/apr/29/actor-noel-clarke-accused-of-groping-harassment-and-bullying-by-20-women

It's pretty damning stuff. A LONG article, too - we're talking Guardian Long Read length. They're not pulling their punches.

Harry Badger

Quote from: bgmnts on April 29, 2021, 10:51:26 PM
Martin Freeman

Seriously? The others I'll buy but nice, dull Martin Freeman? Do you mean Morgan?

badaids

I have a pal who has acted in a couple Noel Clarke things, so I asked her what her experience was: 'A few creepy inappropriate remarks and a generally a bit of a cunt' was her verdict.

Norton Canes

neveragain

It's a shame. He'd just learnt how to act.

Edit: ... like a cunt!

Mr Banlon

Quote from: bgmnts on April 29, 2021, 10:51:26 PM
Gary Lineker
Martin Freeman
Rich Herring
Johnny Vegas
and Peter Stringfellow posthumously
There were a few sly digs at John Barrowman on TV Burp

Mr Banlon

When I first read about this I mistakenly thought Noel Coward was cancelled.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Mr Banlon on April 29, 2021, 11:28:16 PM
There were a few sly digs at John Barrowman on TV Burp

There's a clip going around of Noel Clarke talking about Barrowman's harassy behaviour on set, all in a light-hearted manner of course https://twitter.com/The66Ramblers/status/1140999393274814464

neveragain

Oh God, that's disgusting. Barrowman has always come across as a loud narcissistic guy you'd hate to get stuck with on a night out. Now it seems more sinister.

Quote from: neveragain on April 29, 2021, 11:59:34 PM
Oh God, that's disgusting. Barrowman has always come across as a loud narcissistic guy you'd hate to get stuck with on a night out. Now it seems more sinister.

If others come forward, then Barrowman is going the same way as Louis CK

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

the hum

Quote from: M-CORP on April 29, 2021, 10:26:48 PM
OR EVEN BETTER DON'T DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE EVEN IF IT WAS THE DARK AGE OF 2015 YOU STUPID  FKSFKAS JG. KSJ A

Even the woke Dalek faction are after him.

The Dog

Never met him, but there's an episode of Doctor Who where, if you look closely, you can clearly see he is thinking about my penis. I should have complained really, but it was a different time.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Harry Badger on April 29, 2021, 11:05:09 PM
Seriously? The others I'll buy but nice, dull Martin Freeman? Do you mean Morgan?

I've heard rumours that Freeman is a cunt, and it doesn't entirely surprise me. Dull? He doesn't seem dull to me. Nice? He also doesn't seem nice. I've known the type.

Rev+

For fuck's sake.  Everything about his public demeanor over the years has indicated he'd be the last type of person to face accusations like this.

The nice guy facade, and all that.

It is of course important to remember that he's not been proven guilty of anything.  On the other hand, that many accusations?  Yeah, get fucked Mickey.