Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:47:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Final FUCKDOWN

Started by Chedney Honks, May 31, 2021, 11:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have we got one more to go before the end of 2021?

Yes.
94 (66.7%)
No.
36 (25.5%)
Young people probably spread it in the first place so prepare to meet thy doom 😂😂😂
11 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 141

bakabaka

Quote from: mobias on June 01, 2021, 06:11:54 PM
Your handy cut out and keep guide to all the current variants.

Alpha, delta, beta, gamma?

"In order to make this data blind and unbiased, we are going to randomise the Greek alphabet."

bomb_dog

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: bakabaka on June 01, 2021, 06:38:22 PM

"In order to make this data blind and unbiased, we are going to randomise the Greek alphabet."

What data needs to be blind here? Is there a study where people are being injected with a random variant?

olliebean

Quote from: bakabaka on June 01, 2021, 06:38:22 PM

It's in order of when they were first identified, isn't it?

bakabaka

Quote from: olliebean on June 01, 2021, 10:02:11 PM
It's in order of when they were first identified, isn't it?
Almost certainly, but difficult to tell as that data isn't in the chart. Because they aren't in any other obvious order (alphabetical, numerical, transmissibility, colour, etc.).

MrMrs

no more lockdown, not gonna happen

BlodwynPig

Quote from: MrMrs on June 02, 2021, 12:08:29 AM

Thank you, Minister for Loon

metaltax

Quote from: MrMrs on June 02, 2021, 12:08:29 AM

It's nice that you think you have a choice in the matter.

Norton Canes

Zero deaths reported for the first time

as final human dies yesterday

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on June 02, 2021, 08:50:29 AM
Zero deaths reported for the first time.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk-reports-zero-daily-coronavirus-related-deaths-for-first-time-since-pandemic-began-12322274

I was all over that yesterday you absolute no mark, johnny come lately, piss taker extraordinaire. Say sorry! Say sorry at once!

gilbertharding

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on June 02, 2021, 08:50:29 AM
Zero deaths reported for the first time.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk-reports-zero-daily-coronavirus-related-deaths-for-first-time-since-pandemic-began-12322274

I am absolutely certain there was at least one day last summer when no Covid deaths were reported. I remember it, because some cunt on twitter (one of the usual ones) was braying about how "you wouldn't hear anything about it on the mainstream media".

It was pointed out to this dickhead firstly that it was reported, and that it had since been revised because some people had, in fact, died on that day, but hadn't been included in initial reporting - because that always happens.

gilbertharding

Quote from: jobotic on June 01, 2021, 06:34:29 PM
Kent. Fucking Medway more like. Gills!

Strood, I heard - but fill your boots.

Fambo Number Mive

Cases over 4000 yesterday with testing down on last week. Yet Johnson doesn't think we should delay 21st June or bring back masks in secondary schools. Not getting my second jab until late July and am worried about travelling by bus to work if the mask and distancing requirements are reduced. I've already had alone bus driver let so many people on the top deck that people were sitting two to a double seat.

If masks and distancing are scrapped on the 21st June  , I wouldn't feel confident going into non essential shops until I've had my second jab and I'm sure a small minority will feel the same.

It's really worrying seeing cases shooting up these past few days and the government once again being so blade about it. Less than 50% of adults are fully
protected.

Maybe Johnson's off writing another book and so isn't paying much attention to COVID again.

jobotic

Quote from: gilbertharding on June 03, 2021, 10:23:13 AM
Strood, I heard - but fill your boots.

Where I work, and have done all through this. No WFH for us.

The Mollusk

On public transport and in shops I'd say the number of people not wearing masks is now up to 30-40%, probably due in part to both the "end in sight" mentality of the media/government and the summer heat. Nice to have another hearty whack of misanthrope coursing through me these last few days.

peanutbutter

Delaying 21st June is gonna totally fuck the few industries that have been pretty much completely closed since March 2020 so I struggle to see it happening, but if that week coincides with a week or two of shit weather we're gonna see an absolute explosion in new cases.

Too much reopened in May all at once and happening alongside a patch of really shit weather didn't help things.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 03, 2021, 05:51:12 PM
On public transport and in shops I'd say the number of people not wearing masks is now up to 30-40%, probably due in part to both the "end in sight" mentality of the media/government and the summer heat. Nice to have another hearty whack of misanthrope coursing through me these last few days.

Do you use the bus? If the windows open I'd advise opening as many as possible when you get on. I dont know what you can do with trains.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: peanutbutter on June 03, 2021, 06:00:52 PM
Delaying 21st June is gonna totally fuck the few industries that have been pretty much completely closed since March so I struggle to see it happening, but if that week coincides with a week or two of shit weather we're gonna see an absolute explosion in new cases.

Too much reopened in May all at once and happening alongside a patch of really shit weather didn't help things.

I'd be careful with this sort of chat outside of CaB.

Fambo Number Mive

On bus today around midday and went to near the back as there were a couple of people without a mask at the front.  Back of the bus nearly empty aside from a group of girls on the back seat, half of them unmasked, who I think were going for a shopping trip Opened the windows near the back and sat about three rows from the back. Group of girls on the back seat, half of them unmasked, who I think were going for a shopping trip (talking about Primark), one of them creeps forward a few rows and slammed the window next to me, when I turned round she started laughing and hid behind her hair. I reopened it as soon as they had slammed it closed and they started talking about how they would close it as soon as I got off. They then slammed the other back window closed giggling talking about how they were cold. It wasn't hot but it wasn't freezing cold. As the people without masks had got off I went further forward where the windows were open on both sides and heard them slam the other back window as I did so. Windows were open on the rest of the bus so having the back windows closed wouldn't have made them much warmer.

It really angers me how some people just don't care about being in a pandemic and slam windows closed because they were cold. Maybe if they'd all worn masks I wouldn't have felt the need to open both windows. I didn't think it was worth saying anything because they clearly don't care about other people.

Just cannot understand people who can't let the bus be properly ventilated. Even if you can't wear a mask, at least let the windows be open. No wonder we are seeing cases rise so rapidly with people like that. Just fucked off really with people like that. And there's not a lot you can do so they get away with it.

Fambo Number Mive

Sorry, I know this thread isn't just for ranting but at what point will the wider population take this seriously again?

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 04, 2021, 04:54:58 PM
Sorry, I know this thread isn't just for ranting but at what point will the wider population take this seriously again?

Since Tuesday's headline 0 deaths, the media have, by and large, stopped reporting on deaths at all which, if folks at my work are anything to go by, makes people think that the deaths have simply stopped and that everyone going into hospital is coming back out again. I had to search to discover that, in fact, 12 people were reported on Weds, 18 yesterday and another 11 today. 41 people dead with no fanfare at all. Still, Boris had his second jab, so everything's fine.

We're back to people thinking "it's just the flu" again. Young people saying they won't bother with the vaccine as it can't kill people under 30. People over 30 overconfident with just the one dose. We're in really dangerous territory again.

MrMrs

reckon the sceptics are right though. it won't kill people under 30 and 1 dose is probably fine

BlodwynPig

Quote from: MrMrs on June 04, 2021, 05:53:43 PM
reckon the sceptics are right though. it won't kill people under 30 and 1 dose is probably fine

Fucking wrong again. Where are you pulling this shit from? Second dose is vital

non capisco

Gone from thinking 'Happy to wait the twelve weeks for maximum efficacy from dose 2' to more of a feeling of 'GET THAT BASTARD IN ME, STAT!!'. This Delta variant doesn't seem like it's pissing about, does it?

Ferris

Ferris Vax currently at T+9 days.

Can I have a second series vaccine?

(Rejected line: "we've had one, yes; but what about second vaccine?")

Chedney Honks

Quote from: MrMrs on June 04, 2021, 05:53:43 PM

Amen, buddy. Let's go on a suicide bungee. Odds are stacked in our favour. Will be well worth it if it comes off.

jobotic

I fully accept that a second dose is vital. Shame I can't get it until the middle of next month, if I live that long.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on June 04, 2021, 08:36:32 PM
I fully accept that a second dose is vital. Shame I can't get it until the middle of next month, if I live that long.

I sacked off a meeting with imitationleather tonight as the Bigg market was rammed with cunts and stag parties. Better safe than sorry. (apologies imi)

MrMrs

it's not vital, you'll be fine with the first