Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:58:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Whitty Harrased (again)

Started by Tony Tony Tony, June 29, 2021, 10:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

I thought the courts had a massive backlog, surprised his sentencing is so quick.

High profile cases are being rushed through to stop trials collapsing due to social media.

Butchers Blind

I think Whitty himself should be charged with something at least. Walking around in public, looking like that, he's going to draw some attention.

Psybro

A race to get the conviction through before the Government makes banter a legal defence.

Icehaven

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 02, 2021, 12:03:28 PM
I thought the courts had a massive backlog, surprised his sentencing is so quick.

He hasn't been sentenced yet, according to that article his court date is the end of the month.

scarecrow

Quote from: Psybro on July 02, 2021, 02:07:36 PM
A race to get the conviction through before the Government makes banter a legal defence.
Before being a legend is made a protected characteristic.

Twonty Gostelow

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Kankurette on July 02, 2021, 10:38:26 AM
I bet Leej88 goes on antivaxx marches.

Given the energy levels of his posts, I recon he reads about them and sighs

BlodwynPig

Good words from a linkedin contact

QuoteTwo days ago, a load of people protested' outside his house calling him a murderer. Over the last year he's been trolled online for his physical appearance. Now some ugly fottage has emerged of two of Britain's finest harassing him in the street.

Chris Whitty graduated from Oxford to become a leading Physician and Epdemiologist. He became Chief Medical Officer of the UK, just before the biggest world health crisis in over a 100 years. In a Government clearly out of their depth and unravelling by the day, he's been a voice of reason the public can actually trust. Qualified, free from bias and led by facts, he's often had to deliver some harsh and disappointing news. But he's done so in an assured and dignified way. He hasn't asked for this stage. In 'normal' times we wouldn't even know his name.

Tonight, when I normally read a made-up story to the kids at bedtime, I'm going to tell them a real tale. One of a man who helped save a kingdom, despite not slaying any dragons or bagging a princess. Just by being damn good, doing his duty and demonstrating human decency. A real hero.

I urge all parents to do the same... 🙌

PlanktonSideburns

Disappointing lack of people Harrssing the true fucking knobs in government

Chedney Honks

Human Peperami is one of the genuine heros of this country.

Bernice

Keep reading this as "whitey harassed (again)", which would be a good name for a Gil Scott Heron poem about Live and Let Die.

jobotic

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 06, 2021, 09:30:29 PM
Good words from a linkedin contact

Then him and Valance just stood there while Johnson announced that thousands of young people would be getting long Covid and it's their own fault.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteA man has been sentenced for assaulting England's chief medical officer Chris Whitty in central London.

Lewis Hughes, 24, from Romford, east London, admitted one charge of assault by beating Prof Whitty in St James's Park on 27 June.

He was given an eight-week custodial sentence, suspended for two years and a fine of £100...

Hughes' barrister, Laurie-Anne Power told the court that her client had recognised Prof Whitty from the television and that he wanted a selfie for his mum.

He would have done the same thing if he had seen Justin Bieber in the park, the court heard

I doubt he would have manhandled Justin Bieber like he did to Professor Whitty.

Chew will go to court on the 23rd November, he's pleaded not guilty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-58031419

kalowski

Quote from: Bernice on July 06, 2021, 10:08:35 PM
Keep reading this as "whitey harassed (again)", which would be a good name for a Gil Scott Heron poem about Live and Let Die.
I can't get a vaccine passport
And Chris Whitty's on the moon.

PlanktonSideburns

Beiber works out a fair bit, probaly would have smacked him had his security team destroy him in a controlled detonation