Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:01:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - the sixth (and final) season

Started by Blue Jam, February 24, 2021, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petey Pate

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 28, 2021, 04:32:45 PM
Some kind words from Bryan Cranston:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR3-S72pFCy/

'He is in the hospital in Albuquerque' doesn't match the report of Bob being flown to a LA hospital.  Wonder which is correct?

non capisco

I think initial TMZ reports were erroneously saying he was filming in LA rather than New Mexico.

Fucking hell, I really hope he's OK.

Custard

Jesus, Aaron Paul just posted "I love you friend" and a black heart

Please let him be alright

Twit 2

He better not have fucked his health up training for that stupid action movie. It was already a waste of everyone's time anyway, but if it's cost him his health too them even more reason to hate it.

Custard

Bernice

I know it's redundant to say here of all places, but I fucking love Bob Odenkirk. Hoping for good news soon.

jobotic

I certainly will think of him. Hope he recovers soon. Love him too.

24 hours with no update would suggest it's something serious...hope I'm wrong.

imitationleather

JamesTC

Seems more positive from Michael Mando but maybe I'm just reading too much into it (because I want good news):
QuoteLast night our dear Bob was rushed to the hospital after he collapsed on stage. Send all your positive energy and love to him and his family - let's hope to have him back as soon as possible 🖤 I love u so much, my friend xo

The Bumlord

Quote from: Twit 2 on July 28, 2021, 05:10:17 PM
He better not have fucked his health up training for that stupid action movie. It was already a waste of everyone's time anyway, but if it's cost him his health too them even more reason to hate it.

It's a great film you lunatic!

Deliciousbass

Quote from: imitationleather on July 28, 2021, 06:42:47 PM
Really concerned to hear about all this.

it's horrible. i really hope he pulls through

mothman

Custard

Oh man, the lack of news is very worrying. Can't stop thinking about him. Please be alright

buttgammon

I've never refreshed twitter like this for another celebrity. It's really worrying, but the reaction is a measure of how much joy he has brought to so many of us. Better Call Saul is my favourite TV programme ever, and it's so brilliant precisely because Bob Odenkirk is so brilliant.

BritishHobo

Yikes, that influx of well-wishes definitely doesn't seem good. Very scary, hope he's doing okay whatever it is. As you've all said, it is nice to see how much love there is for him.

Custard

Yeah, I don't usually bother with Twitter these days, but have been refreshing it wildly for any news. People really love him

mothman

I was scrolling down the Guardian homepage and literally flinched when I saw his picture come up. But it's just the existing news of his collapse article.

Nowhere Man

I really hope it's not
Spoiler alert
a heart attack or a quite severe stroke,
[close]
but i've got to say the more time goes on without an announcement, the more unfortunate it's looking. Plus I imagine people in his close circle of friends i.e Bryan Cranston ect. wouldn't ask for thoughts and prayers unless the outlook wasn't particularly clear one way or the other. I would really fucking love to be proven wrong. Bob Odenkirk's been a hero of mine since I first watched Mr. Show.[nb]Fuck I have a lump in my throat now[/nb]

wooders1978

Really worried for Bob - could be curtains for the show if it's something serious, even if he pulls through, but fuckit, just get better my man

JamesTC

According to this reporter, everybody is still waiting on an update from the hospital. So it seems the cast talking about it on Twitter do not have any insider knowledge, so best not to read anything bad from any of them.

QuoteNo updates on Bob Odenkirk from  his personal PR, AMC or Better Call Saul producers Sony TV. From what I'm being told, everyone is waiting for more information just as we are.

jobotic

It's horrible this isn't it?

Really worried and I don't even know the man let alone am someone who is close to him and loves him.

Nowhere Man

I have so much love for Bob and he's given so much enjoyment to me over the years, I don't really care about the show right now. I just want him to pull through and recover as best as he can, even if that means the show doesn't get properly finished.

I'm gonna have to stop looking at stuff about it on Twitter though, I'm probably just getting myself worked up thinking about it

Blue Jam

Quote from: buttgammon on July 28, 2021, 07:59:10 PM
I've never refreshed twitter like this for another celebrity. It's really worrying, but the reaction is a measure of how much joy he has brought to so many of us. Better Call Saul is my favourite TV programme ever, and it's so brilliant precisely because Bob Odenkirk is so brilliant.

Yes, I don't usually feel this way about celebrities but BCS is also my favourite show ever and his performance is so utterly mesmerising in it. Undone really moved me as well (and if you haven't seen it- jeez, don't try watching it right now). Love Mr. Show too, only a couple of weeks ago The Hated Milk Machine had me helpless with laughter. I also just love his comedy geekery and it's so nice the way he likes to take on comedy protégés- didn't our own Noodle Lizard say he went "above and beyond" when he asked him for some writing advice?

This is just horrible horrible news. I really hope there's some better news soon.

Neville Chamberlain

Oh bollocks, this is NOT the sort of news I expect when I check in on this thread. Please get well very, very soon :-(

lankyguy95

I'm starting to check Twitter an unhealthy amount.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 28, 2021, 09:38:15 PM
Yes, I don't usually feel this way about celebrities but BCS is also my favourite show ever and his performance is so utterly mesmerising in it.

I don't usually feel this way about celebrities either, but I can't stop thinking about him. So worried and upset.

buttgammon

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 28, 2021, 09:38:15 PM
Yes, I don't usually feel this way about celebrities but BCS is also my favourite show ever and his performance is so utterly mesmerising in it. Undone really moved me as well (and if you haven't seen it- jeez, don't try watching it right now). Love Mr. Show too, only a couple of weeks ago The Hated Milk Machine had me helpless with laughter. I also just love his comedy geekery and it's so nice the way he likes to take on comedy protégés- didn't our own Noodle Lizard say he went "above and beyond" when he asked him for some writing advice?

This is just horrible horrible news. I really hope there's some better news soon.

Funnily enough, that's one of the first things I thought of when I heard the news this morning (the other was Jimmy and Chuck singing The Winner Takes It All). Mr Show is one of my favourite sketch shows ever and like Better Call Saul, so much of it is about what he brings to it. I watched an episode the other day where he plays an iguana that's owned by an irresponsible slacker and even though he's just skittering around in a weird green costume for a few minutes, he's so funny.

Thinking about it, his work has become an important part of my relationship. When my partner and I started going out, we would either introduce us to stuff the other hadn't seen or rewatch stuff we both already liked. Better Call Saul was the first programme we delved into together that we really got into at the same time, and Mr Show is always our go-to if there's nothing on (it's also great to watch if weed is involved). It was also waiting for the next episode of BCS to come out that got us through the first weeks of lockdown, because covid hit just as that series was starting to reach a crescendo.

Blue Jam

This is a nice article:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/07/get-well-bob-odenkirk

Right, time to stop looking at Twitter and get some sleep. I hope there's some more positive news in the morning.

Deliciousbass

urgh nothing more to say other than i really really don't want him to die