Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:01:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

OWLS

Started by Cerys, August 10, 2021, 11:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

Twit 2

I was camping at the weekend and got rudely awoken just before dawn by some owls cunting on. Still like them, though!

Cerys

JamesTC

Is this the thread where I can discuss abhorrent messages I have been sent? I haven't actually received any abhorrent messages, I just want to know whether this is the thread if I had.

Here is a picture of the Lidl LED owl that I saw yesterday.

Gradual Decline

pigamus

Quote from: Cerys on August 10, 2021, 11:23:29 PM
Your wish is my command.

"Ah Doctor, I see you and your young friend have arrived at last. Please come this way, we have... much to discuss."

Echo Valley 2-6809

Barred owl in a Pacific Northwest forest.

Pretty sure you have to ask its permission to pass.

idunnosomename

barn owls are amazing if you ever see one gliding about silently in the golden hour. easy to see how people could mistake them for ghosts.

stupid people!!!!!!!!!!!! hahha!!!

pigamus

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on August 11, 2021, 12:01:55 AM
Barred owl in a Pacific Northwest forest.

Pretty sure you have to ask its permission to pass.

No, if you look carefully, it's the ghost of Queen Victoria, passing left to right.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Gradual Decline on August 10, 2021, 11:55:02 PM

That's about the most hacked off looking bird I've ever seen. Possibly because someone stole its trousers.

Gurke and Hare

When I went to Eindhoven I found a huge charity shop that was like a charity department store. It had an owl department.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Gradual Decline on August 10, 2021, 11:55:02 PM

apple have got the feds on their way. enjoy the county jail, sicko

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Now I haz a hat.

Blumf

GoblinAhFuckScary

Buelligan

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 11, 2021, 12:07:26 AM
barn owls are amazing if you ever see one gliding about silently in the golden hour. easy to see how people could mistake them for ghosts.

stupid people!!!!!!!!!!!! hahha!!!

I lived in empty North Norfolk.  Barn owls floated over wet grass in the dimpsy gloaming, translucent petals.  Weightless in the dream light.  As numinous as it fucking gets really.  Now I live in the South, sweltering night air measured, tempered, by the dripping clock of the scops owl.  Also, a Little Owl in childhood and Verreaux's eagle-owl, my relative's friend.

These are the owls of my life.

%CHG

It's North Norfolk Digitowl, they rebranded

Jumblegraws

The guy on the right is a tawny frogmouth. They aren't owls but are often mistaken for them, so strictly speaking this post is off-topic.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Twit 2 on August 10, 2021, 11:29:45 PM
I was camping at the weekend and got rudely awoken just before dawn by some owls cunting on. Still like them, though!

Best send them a PM

steve98

Quote from: Jumblegraws on August 11, 2021, 09:08:08 AM
The guy on the right is a tawny frogmouth. They aren't owls but are often mistaken for them, so strictly speaking this post is off-topic.

They're near enough owls, bless 'em. The poor sods look like they've been overlooked their whole lives, just cos they lack sufficiently curved talons; it's heartbreaking.

Wow, I just clicked on this thread for the first time and Mary Anne Hobbs and the hilarious Shawn Keavenny immediately started talking about how much they like owls.

steve98

I defy anyone to listen to the intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana (as I am now) while lookin' at matey here, without sobbing. :(

https://youtu.be/PdMizAY4EGc

steve98

Imagine how moving a funeral procession would be if the chief mourners all carried a tawny frog-mouth :(

(Without the worm)

surreal

Buelligan

GoblinAhFuckScary

Fr.Bigley

Edit:didn't see previous with an owl post. Apologies gang.

Norton Canes