Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:28:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bloodstock

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, August 28, 2021, 10:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-58341338

QuoteOrganisers said they did "everything in their power" to lessen the risks, going beyond government guidance.

😂😂😂

Covid secure moshpits?

Small Man Big Horse

It's Reading and Leeds this weekend, apparently back in 2019 "Around 200,000 festival fans had attended across the weekend, between campers and those with single day tickets" and it's sold out once again, so this could mean another 5,000 cases, and god knows how many more when the kids return home and infect / kill their parents.

But even worse than that is the fact that a band featuring Bono's son is playing.

katzenjammer

Boardmasters saw 5000 infections out of 50,000 attendees, including my 17 year old niece *facepalm*

bgmnts

It's just impossible. The 'use your common sense' stuff just doesn't work and people will do whatever they want if they're not incentivised to do otherwise, regardless of the effect.

It's going to be a fucking rough bank holiday weekend as well.

idunnosomename

bloke in the unicorn is wearing a Sad Wings of Destiny tshirt cheers

Kankurette

Reading is the festival where people set their tents on fire, it's often Babby's First Festival, common sense is in short supply there.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Are you less likely to get Covid if you're a silly cow sitting on your boyfriend's shoulders as if you're a toddler?

flotemysost

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on August 28, 2021, 04:11:41 PM
silly cow sitting on your boyfriend's shoulders as if you're a toddler

Heaven forbid anyone who's under 5'7" might want to actually see the stage for a minute or two, instead of just a suffocating sea of sweaty backs and armpits (and being so focused on trying to avoid getting crushed/groped that you can't enjoy it)!

Obviously not great news about the festival, but out of 20,000 attendees, given the way things are at the moment in general, that's actually... less than I'd expect, maybe? I don't know. I wonder what measures they had in place - i.e. vaccine passports or mandatory negative tests on entry?

Agree the "use your common sense" phrasing is mealy-mouthed arse-covering, people going to festivals are going to want to dance/mosh etc. and they know it.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: flotemysost on August 30, 2021, 05:38:30 PM
Heaven forbid anyone who's under 5'7" might want to actually see the stage for a minute or two, instead of just a suffocating sea of sweaty backs and armpits (and being so focused on trying to avoid getting crushed/groped that you can't enjoy it)!

Obviously not great news about the festival, but out of 20,000 attendees, given the way things are at the moment in general, that's actually... less than I'd expect, maybe? I don't know. I wonder what measures they had in place - i.e. vaccine passports or mandatory negative tests on entry?

Agree the "use your common sense" phrasing is mealy-mouthed arse-covering, people going to festivals are going to want to dance/mosh etc. and they know it.

If people were "using their common sense" they wouldn't be selfish enough to go to these virus fests in the first place.

Noodle Lizard

One of the worst line-ups they've ever had, as well, presumably because of travel restrictions. They got Devin Townsend in (who I've just learned played with UK session musicians he'd only just met), but that's the only international act I recognise.

Captain Z

Pink Gregory

I sort of know the guy who nailed the guitar player from Cradle of Filth with an apple in 2009

idunnosomename

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on August 30, 2021, 08:38:10 PM
One of the worst line-ups they've ever had, as well, presumably because of travel restrictions. They got Devin Townsend in (who I've just learned played with UK session musicians he'd only just met), but that's the only international act I recognise.
bloodstock used to be a bit shit compared to what Wacken and Hellfest got imo, it's a lot better now. all I really wanted to see 2020 was Vio-lence, but they couldn't come over for 2021. Devin Townshend was a big name for 2020 I wasnt personally interested in, but glad he got to play.

Next year Mercyful Fate, Heathen, Life of Agony and of course Vio-lence am tempted by. some other decent bands I've seen before too but not that excited by. more Exodus always a plus.

Pranet

One of the worst line-ups they've ever had, as well, presumably because of travel restrictions.

Yeah probably

idunnosomename

I think this was as far as 2020 got

chveik

thought it was a pun. what an absolute disgrace of a line-up

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: flotemysost on August 30, 2021, 05:38:30 PM

So your solution is to form an 11-foot-tall obstruction in front of other people - well, 12-foot-tall if you've got your hands in the air making peace signs.

For every woman like you there are at least forty others looking at the stage through their portable periscopes and not bothering anyone. And they're wearing bras.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Pink Gregory on August 30, 2021, 08:50:46 PM
I sort of know the guy who nailed the guitar player from Cradle of Filth with an apple in 2009

Oh shit, I was there for that. The word going around was that it was a cricket ball, though.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on August 31, 2021, 04:06:06 AM
Oh shit, I was there for that. The word going around was that it was a cricket ball, though.

A security guard bet him that he couldn't throw a cox's orange pippin onto the stage from wherever he was.  Showed him I guess.

The Mollusk

Just want to stick my oar in and sing the praises of the fantastic Conan and Venom Prison who both played this year.

Pink Gregory

Haven't followed Conan for years, but they were always very good. 

jobotic

Quote from: Pink Gregory on August 31, 2021, 06:33:42 AM
A security guard bet him that he couldn't throw a cox's orange pippin onto the stage shoe over the roof from wherever he was.  Showed him I guess.

Kankurette

Quote from: jamiefairlie on August 30, 2021, 05:44:32 PM
If people were "using their common sense" they wouldn't be selfish enough to go to these virus fests in the first place.
This.

I wouldn't climb on my hypothetical boyfriend's shoulders for the simple reason that I'd be pressured into getting my tits out if the camera was on me. When Placebo had a technical problem at Reading one year the camera focused on women sitting on their boyfriends' shoulders and every time a woman got her tits out, the crowd cheered, but the cunts booed one woman for not doing it. It was awful. And some woman near me was shouting abuse at her.

flotemysost

I was there too, christ that was depressing. I'm too ugly for either a boyfriend or the Titcam™ but I'm about 5'2", so if some random offered to hoist me up on their shoulders for a few minutes (as they sometimes do) to get a bit of fresh air above a crowd of hulking metalheads I'd be fucking taking it.

Green Lung seems an unfortunately prophetic name to have on this year's lineup.