Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:41:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Janey Godley, Scottish Neoliberal Party jester!

Started by Rizla, September 08, 2021, 05:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on September 09, 2021, 06:54:03 PMPresumably she'll need to pay the 12k back now.
well it's labour provided isnt it? She'll probably give it to some anti-racism education charity. No fan of digging up ten year old internet messages but this is more than just careless language like "spaz", it's quite blatant racism. No fan by any means but all the anti-black stuff is pretty shocking really

chveik

bgmnts

You lot have fucking Limmy! Why are they spunking 12k on this racist dinner lady cunt?

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 09, 2021, 07:08:28 PM
well it's labour provided isnt it? She'll probably give it to some anti-racism education charity. No fan of digging up ten year old internet messages but this is more than just careless language like "spaz", it's quite blatant racism. No fan by any means but all the anti-black stuff is pretty shocking really

Would've hoped that the SG's legal people would have made sure the contract allowed them to claw back the money if they were unable to use the promotional material because of risk of damage to reputation or the like. Who knows, though - wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

jamiefairlie

Sturgeon loves 'the patter' and she's so gallus.

PaulTMA

canadagoose

Quote from: bgmnts on September 09, 2021, 07:16:36 PM
You lot have fucking Limmy! Why are they spunking 12k on this racist dinner lady cunt?
Limmy's probably a bit "blue" for the auld grannies and that. Although I'm sure a campaign with him in it would be better.

imitationleather

Never heard of her but I do love a good old public shaming.

chveik

Fucking hell the replies to her 'apology' on Twitter are mostly white people saying "good on you for apologising now let's move on", ignoring the dozens of actually properly racist tweets.

https://twitter.com/janeygodley/status/1435974382191513600?

idunnosomename

Shappi Khorsandi there assuring her that she has "the moral high ground"

Talking about black people as a "them" who speak about their "big nigga cock".

Oh but she called Trump a cunt and has been on the same panel shows as you. Fucking hell

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on September 09, 2021, 07:56:44 PM
Fucking hell the replies to her 'apology' on Twitter are mostly white people saying "good on you for apologising now let's move on", ignoring the dozens of actually properly racist tweets.

https://twitter.com/janeygodley/status/1435974382191513600?

A better reply from author Shahnaz Ahsan:

"You'd be forgiven for thinking @JaneyGodley had tweeted a single "accidentally racist" remark from the state of this 'apology'. It was actually a repeated appalling tirade against black people. The number of white people replying here excusing that behaviour says everything."

https://twitter.com/shahnazahsan/status/1435997220822831109

Rizla

Quote from: scarecrow on September 09, 2021, 07:02:29 PM
I would rather people who hold transphobic views stay out of politics.
Likewise.  I've heard this accusation levelled at BPB before, but yet to see any evidence.

canadagoose

Quote from: Rizla on September 09, 2021, 08:14:23 PM
Likewise.  I've heard this accusation levelled at BPB before, but yet to see any evidence.
It's a good job you've got me:

Quote from: canadagoose on March 22, 2021, 01:01:04 AM
Got him. I KNEW he was a fud. Check out THIS regressive shite

https://twitter.com/discontent_scot/status/1322118662782918656

Rizla

canadagoose

Quote from: Rizla on September 09, 2021, 09:02:42 PM
A joke, surely?
I thought jokes were supposed to be funny.

Also check out the video where, although he calls Stuart Campbell a bigot, he says something about the "trans lobby" forcing medication on children or something. I'll find the link in a sec.

EDIT: here you go: right after this. https://youtu.be/NoXVVA1Drwk?t=4306 That sounds awfully like something someone who's a bit deep in Glinnerism would say, in spite of his protestations.

Godley is a concept by which we measure our pain.

Rizla

Quote from: canadagoose on September 09, 2021, 09:22:01 PM
I thought jokes were supposed to be funny.

Also check out the video where, although he calls Stuart Campbell a bigot, he says something about the "trans lobby" forcing medication on children or something. I'll find the link in a sec.

EDIT: here you go: right after this. https://youtu.be/NoXVVA1Drwk?t=4306 That sounds awfully like something someone who's a bit deep in Glinnerism would say, in spite of his protestations.
Well I think humour is subjective, and that tweet seemed to me a shotgun response to some hair-raisingly offensive attention-seeking on the part of Aidan. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know who they are or what they're about.

"Nefarious autogynephile billionaires profiting from hormonal pharmacology". No idea who or what he's referring to there, any idea?

Cold Meat Platter

His tweet trivialises the murder of Stephen Lawrence to imply that trans people are manufacturing their own oppression.

canadagoose

Quote from: Rizla on September 09, 2021, 09:58:32 PM
"Nefarious autogynephile billionaires profiting from hormonal pharmacology". No idea who or what he's referring to there, any idea?
There's a conspiracy theory going around "gender critical" (transphobic) circles that "Big Pharma" (and, antisemitically, three rich Jewish people in particular, one of whom is trans) is promoting transgenderism for their own profit. "Autogynephile" is a Ray Blanchard thing; it's hard to explain but it's basically implying that gay and bisexual trans women are perverts.

Gurke and Hare

That tweet is exactly the same as all the ironically racist shit Alistair Campbell deleted yesterday and was rightly condemned for on here. He does seem on Twitter to be adopting a stance of being above it all, and far too sophisticated to actually take a position on anything. A brief scan of his Twitter account makes me thing he's an absolute cunt, not that cunts should be prohibited from standing for office in a democracy of course. It's funny when they only get 363 votes though.

Sebastian Cobb

Always best to double-check which direction you're punching in when engaging in ironic, reductive sneering.

Rizla

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on September 09, 2021, 10:02:59 PM
His tweet hilariously trivialises the murder of Stephen Lawrence to imply that Aidan is manufacturing their own oppression.

Quote from: canadagoose on September 09, 2021, 10:16:12 PM
antisemitically
I'm out.

canadagoose

Cold Meat Platter

Kankurette

Fucking hell those comments about Kelly Rowland and Snoop Dogg are gross. Also, calling Rowland 'horse faced'? She's hardly Bruno Fernandes.

GMTV

Can't be having a reasonably prominent SNP / indy figurehead being accused of being an obnoxious racist. The SNP and indy supporters aren't racist. So I'm not sure what's going on here. Best accept her apologies and we can all continue being progressive.

Blue Jam

Quote from: scarecrow on September 09, 2021, 07:02:29 PM
I would rather people who hold transphobic views stay out of politics.

Always found Bonnie Prince Bob an annoying attention-seeking twat but did he really stand against Robertson in protest over Joanna Cherry not being selected? Is he pally with the terves then?

As for Janey G, I guess it depends on how inherently amusing you find sausage dogs but I liked her tweets and her wee dug so this is disappointing. I see she's locked her Twitter account now, nae mair wee dugs fer me.

Also I hope her pal Scott Agnew is keeping off social media, this is the last thing the poor guy needs right now.

Kankurette

Me too, tbh. I actually liked her up until I found out about those racist tweets.