Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:25:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Workshy

Started by bgmnts, September 07, 2021, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Goldentony on September 09, 2021, 07:25:42 PM
money - would not wipe my arse on it, get rid. Can an economist here detail me the pros and cons of getting rid of money entirely? my main one is someone from Chiswick saying something about incentive but thats as far as ive got

it is not so much money; you need some kind of trading medium (otherwise buying things becomes particularly tricky) but how the system is abused.  That is why I think if you really want to help people then you invest in publicly owned institutions that can reduce the cost of living; we've got a great example of this - it's called the NHS.

imitationleather

Quote from: Goldentony on September 09, 2021, 07:25:42 PM
money - would not wipe my arse on it, get rid. Can an economist here detail me the pros and cons of getting rid of money entirely? my main one is someone from Chiswick saying something about incentive but thats as far as ive got

I wouldn't piss on money if it was on fire.

Goldentony

the wiping my arse on money thing reminded me how money is exactly like that tracing paper toilet paper shit I had to use as a kid so I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT WIPE MY ARSE ON IT

imitationleather

I wouldn't wish money on my worst enemy.

chveik

TrenterPercenter

having lots of money is like having lots of pictures of the Queen in your pocket, you perverted fucks.

Video Game Fan 2000

I'm going to propose a new rule: if you use numbers for any purpose whatsoever you're not allowed trousers, skirts and/or pants

you gotta go out naked from the waist down

Video Game Fan 2000

After Brexit britain can redeem itself by moving to an entirely qualitative currency system.

OUT: 1s 2s demical points 4s and 8s
IN: blue, moist, oaky, wee, knackered

Goldentony

if moneys gone what are mental bastards at the top going to do? things arent going to immediately descend into dragging people like that bare arsed in the street to flog them until they start crying and blaming other people for things but they have to know it will get there eventually, jump off while the goings good and get out of using money before you get the bare arsed treatment

Video Game Fan 2000

Don't complain about money when its clocks that hold all the cards

Goldentony

nah sorry I want men running off

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on September 09, 2021, 08:45:19 PM
Don't complain about money when its clocks that hold all the cards

Video Game Fan 2000

The most unbelievable thing about Star Trek including the aliens and ftl travel is that Miles O'brien joined the military

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on September 09, 2021, 09:06:45 PM
The most unbelievable thing about Star Trek including the aliens and ftl travel is that Miles O'brien joined the military

What about the fact Geordi appeared to be the one remaining incel?

Well, maybe creepy Reg too.

Goldentony

THERES FOUR STAR TREK THREADS AT THE TOP OF PICTUE BOX THIS IS FOR FUCKERS WHO ARE HARD AND HATE MONEY

TrenterPercenter

Monay, Monay, Monay, Monay, MONAAAAY!, MONAAAAY!........i hate it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on September 09, 2021, 09:16:19 PM

Aloe Black's I need a dollar is a better tune. Make of that what you will.

Video Game Fan 2000

In Star Trek times incels are recognised as a distinct minority with their own culture and tradition, if one applies you gotta hire them because of the federations woke inclusivity standards.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on September 09, 2021, 09:18:15 PM
In Star Trek times incels are recognised as a distinct minority with their own culture and tradition, if one applies you gotta hire them because of the federations woke inclusivity standards.

Yes and if someone commits a space crime that isn't serious enough to warrant the brig they get sentenced to cleaning up the holodeck after them.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 09, 2021, 09:17:29 PM
Aloe Black's I need a dollar is a better tune. Make of that what you will.

Better than the O'Jays?! Nah not even close.

Zetetic

Quotebut you are ignoring assets and a whole range of other things that would come into play if you wanted to recoup UBI from people that were earning 60k+ which you would absolutely want to do if you didn't want to increase inequality
Regardless of whether we have UBI or not, we need to tax wealth and high incomes. £20k UBI would be largely irrelevant to this need.

Quote(this is really basic so I'm surprised this is not being considered - if I earn 60k a year, I get 18k UBI, I put 18k a year in assets because I can live on my own wage in less than years I've bought a 200k house that has appreciated in value and I'm on to the next).
If you're earning £60k a year, why aren't you already putting at least £30k into assets?

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 09, 2021, 09:19:38 PM
Yes and if someone commits a space crime that isn't serious enough to warrant the brig they get sentenced to cleaning up the holodeck after them.

That'd be O'brien, the man is a dictionary of punishable space slurs.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on September 09, 2021, 09:19:48 PM
Better than the O'Jays?! Nah not even close.

Nah you're right dunno where I was for a second.

The one done by Troop and Levert with Queen Latifah on it for New Jack City is ace as well.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on September 09, 2021, 09:22:15 PM
That'd be O'brien, the man is a dictionary of punishable space slurs.

I thought he just got 'moved sideways' to a useless cupboard. Constructive dismissal basically, but it didn't work, man's holding out for the pension, and rightly so.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Zetetic on September 09, 2021, 09:20:31 PM
Regardless of whether we have UBI or not, we need to tax wealth and high incomes. £20k UBI would be largely irrelevant to this need.

Exactly but giving already rich people more disposable income allows them to garner more wealth and assets.  Is what I'm saying at least making sense now? not sure why you think 20k UBI is irrelevant to this need; it would be 100s of billions of pounds.

If you're earning £60k a year, why aren't you already putting at least £30k into assets?

Just to be clear I'm not but if were then sure I could add 20k to my 30k and be a millionaire in 20 years.

Goldentony

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on September 09, 2021, 09:16:19 PM

EEEERE SHE COMIN AGAIN SINGIN FUCK ALL MONNNNAAAY

TrenterPercenter

Dirty cash, bad cash, IN YOUR BED!

Sebastian Cobb

Aim higher than Steve Coogan, would be my advice there.

TrenterPercenter

Pay me 20k a year and I might just finally have the time to do this