Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:51:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

20 years since them slags smashed into the twin towers...

Started by Butchers Blind, September 10, 2021, 12:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

chveik

Blumf

selectivememory

Sebastian Cobb

Bronzy

Quote from: selectivememory on September 10, 2021, 12:43:02 AM
It was a national tragedy though.

What a terrible name for an airline, it reminds me of that tragedy.

Butchers Blind

Cold Meat Platter

I walked through blood and bones in the streets on Manhattan trying to find my brother.
He was in Northern Canada.

Blumf

Cold Meat Platter

Mobius

THE DAY THE WORLD CHANGED

Wasn't there some new comedy that was airing that day, and got utterly fucked and no one watched it? Maybe a Richard Herring show or something?

imitationleather

Quote from: Mobius on September 10, 2021, 01:12:45 AM

Wasn't there some new comedy that was airing that day, and got utterly fucked and no one watched it? Maybe a Richard Herring show or something?

Johnny Vaughan's sitcom 'Orrible.

But it was terrible anyway.

Cold Meat Platter

Armando Iannucci Show

Sebastian Cobb

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Butchers Blind on September 10, 2021, 12:56:37 AM
Shit, got the wrong day. This is my personal 9/11.

In your defence, DD tweeted it on the 10th.

Quote from: Bronzy on September 10, 2021, 12:55:26 AM
What a terrible name for an airline, it reminds me of that tragedy.

I'm old enough to remember simpler, more innocent times when the worst thing on the news was hijacked airliners flying into buildings.

PlanktonSideburns

non capisco

Someone once told me David Hasselhoff was doing a live broadcast musical special that he envisioned as his version of Elvis' '68 Comeback and he was giving it the full blood sweat and tears only to find out when he came off stage that the one channel it was being shown on had cut five minutes in to rolling coverage of OJ Simpson getting chased by the police. Dunno if that's true or not and can't be arsed to Google it so let's just say it is.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: imitationleather on September 10, 2021, 01:13:45 AM
Johnny Vaughan's sitcom 'Orrible.

But it was terrible anyway.

The bits with Ricky Grover and his pantomime levels of hardman mates were legitimately funny.

"now if we all follow the rules everyone will have a fun time"
*death stares from the 'mob'*

The best part is the IMDB recommendation system just essentially admitting defeat though.

imitationleather

Quote from: non capisco on September 10, 2021, 01:27:16 AM
Someone once told me David Hasselhoff was doing a live broadcast musical special that he envisioned as his version of Elvis' '68 Comeback and he was giving it the full blood sweat and tears only to find out when he came off stage that the one channel it was being shown on had cut five minutes in to rolling coverage of OJ Simpson getting chased by the police. Dunno if that's true or not and can't be arsed to Google it so let's just say it is.

Catch's follow-up to their 1997 single Bingo was scheduled to be played on every channel on earth just as the second plane hit.

non capisco

Quote from: imitationleather on September 10, 2021, 01:28:32 AM
Catch's follow-up to their 1997 single Bingo was scheduled to be played on every channel on earth just as the second plane hit.

To add insult to injury the song was actually called "Oh No, Not Again".

Sebastian Cobb

i never remember the ridiculous picture until i see it

Goldentony

I walked through BLOOD and BONE

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 10, 2021, 01:21:05 AM
No good Al'Qaedaman goes off to soon. Think about it.

You've clearly not talked to Mohammed Atta's wife lol!

Bronzy

Gay 9/11, starring Adam Friedland

They thought they were flying a plane into the twin towers, but it was actually

his ass

Lemming

Happened to be faking sick to stay home from school that morning. Saw it on the news while flicking through channels and thought "the fuck's all this?". #NeverForget

chveik