Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:02:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The curse of 9/11

Started by Replies From View, September 11, 2021, 07:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I had a bus ticketing issue on Saturday, the blackest day.

When stuff like that happens it reminds you of the lives we tragically lost and our heroes in the emergency services, not to mention the forces protecting us at home and abroad.

gilbertharding

About a week ago I had to sign a birthday card for a colleague... I asked someone when his actual birthday was, and they said it was the ninth. So there's me, thinking that the next time I see him (which happens to be today) I'll ask him what it was like to have been born on such a cursed date because I have somehow forgotten that the nine in nine eleven stands for fucking September, doesn't it you fucking idiot?

Still, at least I realised before I actually said anything.

Replies From View

Quote from: gilbertharding on September 13, 2021, 11:32:49 AM
About a week ago I had to sign a birthday card for a colleague... I asked someone when his actual birthday was, and they said it was the ninth. So there's me, thinking that the next time I see him (which happens to be today) I'll ask him what it was like to have been born on such a cursed date because I have somehow forgotten that the nine in nine eleven stands for fucking September, doesn't it you fucking idiot?

Still, at least I realised before I actually said anything.

Don't worry, I saw somebody making the exact same mistake on Thursday.  Looked at me as they were writing the date down and said "20 years ago today..."

I told them not until Saturday and they felt SO FUCKING STUPID.  It's inappropriate to be cheerful when memorialising tragedy so I am glad to have ruined their 9th of September.

If I'd had the resources I'd have taken all their office equipment, ground it to dust and forced them to inhale all of it through tubing.  Have some empathy for those whose telephones vanished into thin air while they died, cunt.

Cloud

Did you then proceed to smash 10 of someone else's jars of peanut butter to avenge your 1?

Butchers Blind

Dropped a weetabix on the floor this morning; fucking wheaty flakes everywhere. Never Forget.

Captain Z

When you think about it, Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec prefixing the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th months is ridiculous. No wonder they wanted to attack us.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 13, 2021, 07:52:53 AM
I had a bus ticketing issue on Saturday, the blackest day.

When stuff like that happens it reminds you of the lives we tragically lost and our heroes in the emergency services, not to mention the forces protecting us at home and abroad.

Was this Mardy Bus charging negative money again?