Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 09:17:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner: thread for backseat moderators and hand-wringing [split topic]

Started by QDRPHNC, June 20, 2020, 03:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Kankurette on September 06, 2021, 06:56:52 PM
Things that are 'woke', according to various fuckwits on the internet:
- Graphs
- Thinking trans women are women
- Pen Farthing's fan club, i.e. people who think dogs and cats should be airlifted out of Afghanistan ahead of people, which is pretty ironic given that these types tend to be the sort of people who would much rather save animals than refugees because herp derp they're all terrorists anyway
- Adverts with black people in
- Thinking G-d Save the Queen is a dirge
- History, unless it says that the British Empire was Good, Actually
- Getting angry and shouting at people for disagreeing with your opinions
- Pronouns, generally
- Sir Keith
- Gareth Southgate
- Asking people not to use racist slurs
- Feminism
- The majority of kids' books

For the sake of accuracy, Gareth Southgate is of course a wank, not a woke.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Barry Admin on September 06, 2021, 05:33:16 PM
Woke graphs, fucking hell 😂 people really will just use their stupid, popular buzzwords for everything.

Maybe it was meant to be "wonky graph"?

Buelligan

Q. 1.  Explain the relationship between woke and rage using a line graph. (10 points)

phantom_power

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 06, 2021, 04:57:15 PM
Saw someone describing a very simple graph they were too dim to understand as 'woke' earlier.

Love the petty "learn to spell" at the end, though I am struggling to see what he spelt wrong

Quote from: phantom_power on September 06, 2021, 09:44:04 PM
Love the petty "learn to spell" at the end, though I am struggling to see what he spelt wrong

The person apparently had a deliberate misspelling in his bio that was obviously done as a joke.

Edit

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: phantom_power on September 06, 2021, 09:44:04 PM

That exchange is pretty funny in itself.

https://twitter.com/marvelbiz/status/1434828141298655234

ah sorry I see BM has beaten me to it.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 06, 2021, 10:14:27 PM
ah sorry I see BM has beaten me to it.

I sneaked in a crafty edit, you beat me to the bio pic.

I see this must have gone viral, screenshots just came up on my feed from someone else with 5000+ likes

GoblinAhFuckScary

saying it here so as not be starting any discourse but i just wanna say i'm not mad about the trend of jumping on rando twitter accounts, probing them for any similarity to glinner no matter how minor, and then taking them to be him with full certainty

think it makes cab come off as uncomfortably obsessive

George Oscar Bluth II

I think this might be the first time an account highlighted in the thread might not actually be him to be fair?

GoblinAhFuckScary

sure, but i don't much like the thought of it being a continuing thing; trawling miserable bigot cunt accounts till you find the golden banana

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotethink it makes cab come off as uncomfortably obsessive

Agree. This is not a war and there doesn't need to be footsoldiers.

madhair60

edit: i'm being a cunt, leaving it. sorry

GoblinAhFuckScary

i'm totally unbothered about shitting on cunts online i'm talking more about how useful (for trans people) and healthy it is on our end

Cuellar

The Mollusk

Isn't pouncing on random accounts waving the ALLY banner and spouting unnecessarily accusatory stuff at people how Glinner got started? It's not a good look.

madhair60

idunnosomename

There was that James Barry account that really seemed like him at first but wasnt nearly bananas enough. Still going that one.

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 08, 2021, 06:15:48 PM
Isn't pouncing on random accounts waving the ALLY banner and spouting unnecessarily accusatory stuff at people how Glinner got started? It's not a good look.

What's interesting about this account is that it knew what (CAB would think?) a Glinner account should look like, it wasn't random.

Catalogue Trousers

imitationleather

Ferris

Yeah absolutely, fill yer boots with not talking about him. Other people might carry on though. Bloody "free society".

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I know all you Bananacunt fans likes your 100- page threads ( sometimes cheating, and ending the thread at page 98, oooh, that always niggles me), but maybe padding them out by posting posts which literally say " Glinner smells!" Is possibly not the best way to go. Saying the same thing about Lawrence Fox is justifiable, because he really does look like he reeks, but this is not a good look.

madhair60

You've posted more words about his stink in your complaint about it than there were in the original thread

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

madhair60

Buelligan

God yeah.  Guarantee, if you forced a proboscis into the folds there would be resident evil.  Not even up for debate chum.

This will (probably) be my only post on this discussion point.  Save planet.

Flouncer

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on September 16, 2021, 08:34:16 AMthis is not a good look.

Lisa JAMC there, making a bold bid to rival Glinner himself in the lack-of-self-awareness stakes.