Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:31:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

24 - was it any good?

Started by Custard, September 13, 2021, 12:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

Re: Chloe's husband, Morris.

The terrorists drilled in his shoulder with a drill

amateur

Quote from: Mister Six on September 22, 2021, 03:24:35 AM
Fucking hell, I just remembered Chloe's husband, who was apparently produced in some kind of writer's room exquisite corpse session: "He's an English..." "...hacker, who's also a..." "...ladies' shoe salesman..." "...at Saks Fifth Ave. Perfect!"

Charlie Brooker memorably described him as "the kind of man who'd put his thumb up your arse during sex", a description which I've never been able to shake.

Mr Trumpet

Never mind Morris, what about poor old Edgar?
Spoiler alert
Too fat to run to safety? Saddest death in the show IMO
[close]

Jerzy Bondov

Yes I can still see his crestfallen face when he
Spoiler alert
comes round the corner and sees all the hotter members of the cast have sealed themselves away from the poison gas and left him outside. "Sorry mate!"
[close]

Spode

Quote from: Mr Trumpet on September 22, 2021, 09:45:48 AM
Never mind Morris, what about poor old Edgar?
Spoiler alert
Too fat to run to safety? Saddest death in the show IMO
[close]

Not a lot of people know this but he was supposed to survive that. However the actor was such a fat shed, he died when his heart couldn't take doing a little jog. They left it in because it fitted the scene quite well. The bonus extras have it played out with Rollin' by Limp Bizkit.

mothman

Quote from: Mobius on September 22, 2021, 05:01:56 AM
His name was Morris. I know this because my cat is named after him.

Cats named after characters in 24, an occasional series.

There was a magnificently gorgeously ugly battered old tomcat who used to hang around our garden eying our girl cats. We learned later his name was Tommy and he'd been abandoned by his owners when they moved away. He was completely wild, wouldn't let anyone go near him except one lady who fed him.

But we called him Behrooz. MrsMoth would talk to him using her Shohreh Agdashloo impression. Over time that morphed into Bruce, after the shark in Jaws (Shark film).

Eventually he became ill and had to be taken to the vets - somehow, not like he'd let anyone get near him - and be put to sleep. We thought he might have fathered one of our girls' kittens but he was apparently snipped.

Mister Six

Quote from: amateur on September 22, 2021, 09:42:43 AM
Charlie Brooker memorably described him as "the kind of man who'd put his thumb up your arse during sex", a description which I've never been able to shake.

Imagine how Chloe felt.

kalowski

Might explain why I get her confused with Cassidy Klein.

Magnum Valentino

Can anyone remember what the BBC discussion post-show show was called? Surprisingly hard to find on Google.

mothman

Pure 24 according to BBC Genome. Doesn't ring a bell.

Magnum Valentino

Yeah that was it, can't see any episodes online though. Cheers!