Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:26:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More info about GB News shows.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, March 10, 2021, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

...on GB News

New page doesn't make sense.

Let me guess, he's run out of money after flouncing from EastEnders six years ago because they were planning to make Nick Cotton gay, and they killed him off properly so he has no route back?

Sad. So hilariously sad.

olliebean

His story is, he just suggested to them, don't make Nick Cotton gay, it doesn't fit the character, and they immediately decided to write him out. I suspect the conversation in which he suggested this was somewhat more heated than he describes it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Looks exactly as you would expect at this stage of life. A total gimp swanning between resorts on the med and shit bars at golf clubs at home living off autographs, selfies and free drinks.

mothman

^ Toujours, Épaules?-Ventre! avec le mot juste.

dissolute ocelot

Slightly off-topic, but John Altman's last film acting job was playing a talking football in Sphere of Fear 2, sequel to Sphere of Fear in which "A ball possessed by a demon causes murderous havoc around Plymouth." Before that he had a supporting role in British crime film Lucas and Albert, which has the tag line "Double act with gonads". So it would not be inaccurate to say his career is a load of balls.

Kankurette

I have to admit, the idea of a cursed football does sound pretty funny.

daimoniac

Sphere of fear was part of a group watch I contributed to not so long ago. its bloody hilarious. absolute crap but totally bonkers. not seen the sequel yet.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on September 29, 2021, 09:34:44 PM
Let me guess, he's run out of money after flouncing from EastEnders six years ago because they were planning to make Nick Cotton gay, and they killed him off properly so he has no route back?

No, he said they were planning for Nick to go gay with Lofty, who left the show in 1988. He wasn't 'written out' because of this, Nick was never going to be a permanent resident, the nature of his character meant he would come and go, as he did many times over 30 years. And he's right, if this was a seriously mooted plotline it would have been the most mystifyingly preposterous hook-up in EastEnders history, which is saying something. I've often wondered if EE writers employ a Sex Hat, out of which they pick two character names at random and contrive to make them fornicate.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on September 30, 2021, 11:07:23 AM
Slightly off-topic, but John Altman's last film acting job was playing a talking football in Sphere of Fear 2
2 hours 14 minutes! That's got to be a challenging watch.

steveh

Andrew Neil's been talking again:

I ask him if there is a big enough mainstream rightwing audience to support a channel such as GB News, or whether it must inevitably drift towards conspiracy theory and Ukip territory.

"It's clearly a problem because broadcasting lends itself to loud voices," he says. "And, you know, voices from the centre left or the centre right are not that loud. And there's more drama and viewer satisfaction in louder voices. One of the reasons it was always uncomfortable for me was that I have said publicly there would be no fake news. There would be no conspiracy theories.

"Two things happen. You do get a core audience of true believers. But that stops you reaching a wider audience because you're just preaching to the believers. And I do think it gives you problems with advertisers . . . particularly in this sort of woke age when corporate executives are very keen not to be on the wrong end of Twitter or social media, I think, the more outlandish you are, the more difficult it is getting advertising."

Neil walked out after eight shows. He was supposed to return in September but never did, apart from briefly as a guest on Nigel Farage's show, now in his slot. He says he had drawn up a way to make the autumn relaunch work with Farage, but his demands for a meaningful editorial role, his red line for a return, were rejected, so he didn't.

He's fairly confident that the channel will not go down in the near term. "The investors, with the exception of Discovery [Inc, which has a significant stake], they all love Nigel Farage, they regard him as huge, a big, big character. They believe it will succeed and they're ideologically driven." The problem is editorial. "Its big challenge will be relevance, and just to stay on the radar."

More worryingly...

Neil reveals his love of the crime series Gomorrah, which he claims has opened his eyes to Italian rap music. "The best rap music there is." Are you an expert on Italian rap music? "I am an expert in Italian rap music."

https://www.ft.com/content/c1f01097-924c-4132-a31d-466448e02256

Ferris

Quote from: steveh on October 08, 2021, 02:21:50 PM
"I am an expert in Italian rap music" says Andrew Neil

The intro headlines from Brass Eye have let themselves go.

Bigfella

Spotted last night: Tony Parsons.  Remember him?  Bit of a comedown in status for him, he used to always do the late night BBC2 culture debate thingies.  Recently the remarkably vile David Starkey popped up, all messianic about capitalism, colonialism and 'modernity'.  He approved of slavery and mocked Greta Thunberg into the bargain.  Not out to make friends, is he!

Fambo Number Mive

Tony Parsehole as Viz calls him.

TheGingerAlien

~bump~
Quotehttps://metro.co.uk/2022/01/03/why-did-eamonn-holmes-leave-this-morning-for-gb-news-15855321/?ito=newsnow-feed

Eamonn confirmed in November that he was leaving ITV's This Morning for GB News.

Alongside his wife, Ruth Langsford, he had been a regular fixture on the daytime television show for 15 years however, he opted to move to 'give a voice to the unheard'.

'I've spent my career on broadcasting firsts and start-ups and GB News is one of the most exciting yet,' Eamonn said at the time.

'It's just the kind of shake-up the industry needs.

'I've admired GB News from the beginning for its clever mix of punchy debate but delivered with warmth and even some fun.

'To me the greatest honour in journalism is to give a voice and respect to the unheard, and that's exactly what GB News is all about.'

Ha ha ha.  Amazing mental gymnastics from Eamonn.

Sebastian Cobb

Does anyone consider Holmes a serious journalist or broadcaster? I was quite surprised when I saw him on Sky News, thought he'd faded into obscurity after GMTV.

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 03, 2022, 04:44:40 PMDoes anyone consider Holmes a serious journalist or broadcaster? I was quite surprised when I saw him on Sky News, thought he'd faded into obscurity after GMTV.

No.  Never been a Holmes fan, but I didn't think he was this much of a prick.  Must be worth it for him financially I assume?

Butchers Blind

Imagine thinking you'll start watching GB News because Eamonn Holmes has joined.

Jasha

Quote from: Butchers Blind on January 03, 2022, 04:55:18 PMImagine thinking you'll start watching GB News because Eamonn Holmes has joined.

Well he does bring that audience of people who can't go out for a walk because their knees are playing up

TheGingerAlien

QuoteEamonn Holmes hosted his first morning news show on GB News on Monday alongside former Sky News co-host Isabel Webster. Viewers were thrilled to see the presenter on their screens after quitting This Morning last year. However, he admitted live on air there was something he "can't tell" his wife and former ITV co-host Ruth Langsford.

After a GB News correspondent interviewed a milkman, Eamonn remarked: "I did use to work in the milk floats.

"I was probably about 11 or 12 at the time and it put me off milk for life because there's nothing as bad as the smell of curdled milk."

"Why was the milk you were delivering curdling?" Isabel asked.

Eamonn replied: "There would always be leakage," and his co-host added: "Oh, so at the bottom of the tray."

Are they getting an AI to write his prompts?  It sounds just as shit as I'd expect to be fair.

Mr Farenheit

He can't tell his wife that he used to work on a milk float when he was a kid.

Why has he been hiding this from her all these years?

touchingcloth

Oh, so at the bottom of the tray.

That should be their tag line.

katzenjammer

This been posted yet? Using his female co host as a human shield from the terrifying protesters. Just the kind of alpha male gb news likes

SpiderChrist

Noticed more "friends" sharing GB News vids on social media. Happy days.

Butchers Blind

Eamonn Holmes believing he's the Roland Rat of GB News.

idunnosomename

Quote from: katzenjammer on January 04, 2022, 10:57:38 AMThis been posted yet? Using his female co host as a human shield from the terrifying protesters. Just the kind of alpha male gb news likes

"a gentleman who is going to disappear very quickly"

funny how Fathers 4 Justice basically became mainstream behaviour with Brexit. painting your balls blue and bouncing on a trampoline outside parliament and all that, I mean.

touchingcloth

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 04, 2022, 11:47:43 AM"a gentleman who is going to disappear very quickly"

funny how Fathers 4 Justice basically became mainstream behaviour with Brexit. painting your balls blue and bouncing on a trampoline outside parliament and all that, I mean.

And that's just the women.

Mr Trumpet

Just thinking of Alan Partridge's concerned face when he mentions Eamonn Holmes

kalowski

Quote from: Mr Trumpet on January 04, 2022, 01:04:33 PMJust thinking of Alan Partridge's concerned face when he mentions Eamonn Holmes
"You're High Noon!"