Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:52:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who Series 13: Goodbye, Mr. Chibs

Started by Norton Canes, August 10, 2021, 01:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-O-W-L

Still think it's a missed opportunity to not put Bradley Walsh back in the clown makeup from SJA. He was fucking insidious in that. He'd make a genuinely good Pennywise.

Never would've thought it really; Bradley Walsh a good comedic, horror, dramatic actor all in one.

Replies From View

H-O-W-L

Replies From View

daf

Hadn't realised they were still doing the Doctor Who Annual (my last one was 1979, I think!).

The Geek's Handbag flicks through the one for 2022 > > > here

Norton Canes

Using knowledge shared by Captain Jack Harkness? Not sure that bears thinking about.

daf

Draw your "weapon" or "tool" :

___ ___________________( ( 
                        (     / /                                (       
         .    -   -   - >   ) )                                 (
      .                 (___\ \ __________________(     
    .                                                             ( (
~~~~

Norton Canes

daf I think you have a promising career in CYPHER GRAPHICS

Cloud

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 30, 2021, 02:43:10 PM

Using knowledge shared by Captain Jack Harkness? Not sure that bears thinking about.

Whoever made that knew, surely.  "Here's one I can fly under the radar for their parents..."

Replies From View

Alberon

I suppose, for completeness sake, we should mention the BBC is running teasers for the latest sputterings of video effluent from Chinball's diseased rectum.

Just some test card with the Doctor breaking through for a second.

When's this new series on anyway? End of the month?

Malcy

A lot of people seemed to think that it would be a Hallowe'en start for some reason but saw something saying it's not on the BBC America schedule so probably not.

Is it 6 episodes then the 3 specials? We can't be at away from a new doctor reveal either since filming is over.

JamesTC

I wonder if they have even cast the new Doctor yet. RTD has only just returned officially so it is probably his first job to find the next one.

Malcy

Could be we won't find out the actor until filming starts on the special as well. Maybe he'll cast a load of big names and we won't lnow until it airs. As nice as that would be I doubt you could do that today.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 30, 2021, 02:43:10 PM

I would love to find the distribution center for these and deface a raft of thousands of copies with eloquently drawn, masterfully pencilled cocks.

Mister Six

What's the earliest we're likely to see an RTD-penned episode? November 2023? Earlier? When are the last Chibnall shiters likely to be foisted upon us?

daf

Quote from: Mister Six on October 04, 2021, 10:26:55 PM
When are the last Chibnall shiters likely to be foisted upon us?

Should be soon - I just saw a tiny scrap of a season 13 trailer on BBC 1 just before tonight's 'Gone Wrong' show > > > here

Alberon

Quote from: Mister Six on October 04, 2021, 10:26:55 PM
What's the earliest we're likely to see an RTD-penned episode? November 2023? Earlier? When are the last Chibnall shiters likely to be foisted upon us?

The three 'specials' will be dribbled out over the year. One must be the New Years episode and one is for the BBC's centenary around september next year (I think). So the middle one in Easter or one of the May bank holidays?

Can't see RTD's new era getting going before the 60th anniversary though.

Mister Six

So it's three "specials" this year, a stunted series next year, then at least the RTD 60th and probably an Xmas episode a month later in 2023?

Fucking hell. "This food is terrible, but at least the portions are small."

Lowest point for TV Who ever, surely?

daf

It's the other way round, I think - We're getting the series first (6 episodes) in 2021, followed by three specials in 2022 (the third one being the regeneration).

QuoteWhile there's no official premiere date for Doctor Who series 13 just yet, the BBC has revealed that the new episodes will be released in 2021, probably in autumn or winter towards the end of the year. Many fans believe October or November are likely start dates for the series.

"The 13th series starts on BBC One later in 2021," the BBC said in a release, with executive producer Matt Strevens adding that fans would see new episodes "later this year".

We now know that there will only be six regular episodes in series 13, five less than usual, in a move that allows the show to stick to its usual production cycle despite complicated new health and safety guidelines.

However, there will also be a trilogy of specials in 2022, one at New Year, another later in Spring 2022, and the final one as part of the BBC's Centenary celebrations in Autumn, which will also serve as Jodie Whittaker's regeneration episode.
https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/doctor-who-season-13-release-date/

purlieu

I do wonder whether we won't see the other end of the regeneration in the special, meaning we don't see the new Doctor until the 60th.

Quote from: daf on October 04, 2021, 10:33:40 PM
Should be soon - I just saw a tiny scrap of a season 13 trailer on BBC 1 just before tonight's 'Gone Wrong' show > > > here

that's quite well done and could be lovely if linked into a story properly

running out of weeks to get 6 episodes in before Christmas tho' aren't we?

Norton Canes

Quote from: A Hat Like That on October 05, 2021, 12:09:37 PM
that's quite well done and could be lovely if linked into a story properly

Weren't these from last year? I'm sure I've seen them used before.

Alberon

If the PR campaign has kicked off I'd reckon we're only three or so weeks out. The proper trailer will land next week perhaps and maybe the series starts on Halloween. If that was the case it would end on 5th December.

The schedulers won't want it wandering into the Christmas line-up so it has to get going within two weeks of the 31st October, so that's my guess.

Mister Six

Quote from: daf on October 04, 2021, 10:33:40 PM

This comment made me laugh...

Jodie: Yaz, can you hear me?
Graham: ARM

Replies From View

Quote from: JamesTC on October 04, 2021, 09:35:16 PM
I wonder if they have even cast the new Doctor yet. RTD has only just returned officially so it is probably his first job to find the next one.

I read somewhere that the bookies are no longer taking bets on who the next Doctor will be.  I have no idea why that should be, mind you, but it may mean someone has been cast.

Replies From View

Quote from: Alberon on October 05, 2021, 12:43:39 PM
If the PR campaign has kicked off I'd reckon we're only three or so weeks out. The proper trailer will land next week perhaps and maybe the series starts on Halloween. If that was the case it would end on 5th December.

The schedulers won't want it wandering into the Christmas line-up so it has to get going within two weeks of the 31st October, so that's my guess.

I never thought I would give no shits whatsoever about a new Doctor Who series, especially after such a long wait.  But I honestly can't be fucked unless everyone here unanimously says series 13 is a miraculous return to form.

It's quite sad, to be honest.

Replies From View

Quote from: Mister Six on October 05, 2021, 02:01:22 PM
This comment made me laugh...

Jodie: Yaz, can you hear me?
Graham: ARM

I'm not hearing the "Yaz".

Alberon

Who is this 'Yaz' anyway? A new character?